Selos Exp Rate in Later Expansions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Protagonist Tank

Sure, that's fair. A more accurate version of my statement would be "I'd be highly surprised if they bothered to make a decision beyond copy/pasting the existing TLP script into this setup"
  2. Gremin Augur

If I had to guess as certain expansions, such as GoD, are opened then the increase in xp is added on the current xp rate.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It eventually merges to "Normal LIve Server EXP rate"
    Dythan likes this.
  4. yerm Augur

You have a ton of time to review this of course... could you please consider faster-than-live as a potential option for the server's second year? My concern is really not until at least 80 or 85 eras, but, there will come a point where live speed is in no way fast anymore, and fv or test xp rates make sense.

I do realize there is an issue if this server is live and faster xp, it would need to become a prison world like fv and test without transfers off.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Do I get a prize for guessing right?
  6. Machentoo Augur

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have a feeling it will make selos much less popular. It just isn't realistic to expect people to keep up with all those aa's from sof or so onward in a month per unlock. This was precisely why I asked the question, and now I know I won't be touching the server.
  7. a_librarian Augur

Thank you for the response
  8. a_librarian Augur

This makes sense, I hadn't considered that reason for removing all the server bonuses when it reaches live.

To facilitate transfers I will assume the following will be removed from the server when it catches live :

-Truebox
    -Required subscription
    -Bonus rares and faction
  9. Machentoo Augur

Don't see why this would be the case. Truebox doesn't give players an advantage, just the opposite.

Edit to add, I guess they probably will drop truebox since they said it will become a standard live server. I just don't see it as necessary in order to allow transfers off.
  10. Ceffener Augur

I would assume all three of those are removed. The real question would be AoC, to be a standard server they would have to remove them. Or they could add AoC to live, which I think they should.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This is an issue for all TLPs in later expansions.

Phinigel will feel it first as it will be getting Underfoot with about 1000 AAs and will have 2 months in the content.

The year long expansions starting around SoF start to offer large numbers of AAs. These expansions that were designed to last an entire year are designed to be current for 2-3 months on most of the current servers and only 1 month on Selos.

Every server needs an EXP rate that is at least double that of live once you get into these heavy AA expansions, otherwise people will fall behind on AAs and not be able to keep up with the current content and quit.

Selos happens to have a more extreme version of this that warrants a slightly faster EXP rate, but it’s an issue they all face.
  12. yerm Augur

If it doesn't actually give an advantage to new content, I don't think its a big problem, aka aocs or truebox. Boosted xp and transfers off would be an issue. I am presuming the shorter instances won't be carried to live; I imagine this is an issue regardless since every serverwide first would be selo from then on.

Hyper xp UNTIL live? Sounds great to me...
  13. a_librarian Augur

guess I was thinking about transfers being available both ways, either off the server or from another live server to Selo
  14. Ceffener Augur

More like until TSS, unless you are taking the dev response as still being vague and saying it will “one day” be live, but be boosted above live at some point before merging to normal server.
  15. Ansel New Member

Does this occur at TSS? I can't remember for sure when we got it on Phinny.

If I'm understanding correctly this means Selo will be on a 1 month unlock schedule with Phinny xp from TSS on. Seems awful.
  16. Lumiens Augur

DBG logic is to make the Ultra Casual server the most hardcore race server ever created while at the same time making the Hardcore server one of the most casual servers.

I had been planning to play on Selos up until this response, even people able to no life it won't keep up.
  17. Boze TLP complaint factory

I haven't been able to keep up with maxing my AAs since SoF, but plenty of people on the server have. And autogrant will keep up decently. We'll get DoDH AAs with UF, TSS with HoT, SoF with VoA, etc.

It's pretty easy to still get the essentials in the 2-3 month timeframe. No one needs the 1k+ AAs done. I'm playing a hybrid with a ton of AAs, and ~200ish will get me the essentials in UF.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, 3 months is doable, especially with autogrant to help out with the ones that aren't essential. 1 month though, not so much.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selos sounds like the kind of server that is just like "Yeah, I know I'm gonna die young, but I'm gonna live hard and enjoy it while I'm here."

No pretenses. Get in. Race a little. Get a little taste of some content. Get out.
  20. Candystore Augur

Should just play on live with a merc then, probably more fun and you can immediately discover all zones at once without any stress. You also get all your AA thanks to /autogrant AA.

Selo will just burn players out, the unlock speed will be too fast for most players. The amount of XP and AA you need to get in such short amount of time will require players to play 24/7 to stay ahead of the expansion unlocks, you might as well play on a regular server with a merc then, you can discover at your own pace that way.

The fact they called this a casual server at first is hilarious, it will be the most hardcore server ever made, you will need to play an ungodly amount of hours every week to keep up with that server.