Groups, 2 boxing TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by orionfox, Mar 3, 2019.

1. orionfox Lorekeeper

How welcoming are groups to 2 boxing? I ask because I see a lot of posts with people saying they are 2 boxing. I know soloing or just 2 boxing leaves a lot of XP on the table so a bit curious how others see boxing in groups and if its actually viable
  2. Monterey New Member

Depends on the person really. I have seen people happy to have a characters 2nd box character join the group and I have seen people throw a temper tantrum at the thought of a boxed character in the group (the temper tantrum person normally enjoys having the boxed character out of the group helping the group though).

Normally people do not mind if you are able to play both characters to an average level. You will run into a few that do though.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Typically in popular leveling areas with lots of lfg folks, groups will aim to fill with 6 real players. Boxing in a pickup group when there's 10 people spamming lfg in your zone is a bit meh. But if you're playing off peak or without lfg people around, most people don't mind boxing in groups, especially if you're actually competent at it.
  4. PwnQuest Augur

Fairly welcoming. You can always 2 box and not say you are, as long as you are good at it and both classes aren't something silly like double melee. If you're say a caster and a melee, or double caster, it should be trivial to play both at reasonably optimal levels.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Stupid question from a Live player: isn’t TLP Truebox?
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

All TLPs from Phinigel onwards are TrueBox (Phinny, Agnaar, Coirnav, Mangler, Selo's). Ragefire, Lockjaw, and prior TLPs are not TrueBox.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

2 boxing is often seen as a necessary evil. If you're a terrible boxer though people remember. Also, drop your box for friends and you're generally in the clear.

Never hurts to have that oog rez or dps helping.
  8. Weebles Augur

99% of people don't care provided you aren't garbage with your box. Honestly I usually don't even say anything, but I'm also usually forming my own groups. Sometimes it would come up an hour into the group and people would say "holy crap, you are boxing? I had no idea."
    TLDR- don't suck and it won't matter.
  9. Ceffener Augur

But just to be clear Truebox does not equal Nobox.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Truebox does not mean no boxing.
  11. Brunlin Augur

Lot of peeps 2 box in groups, and if i 2 box thats what I Do. However, do you mean boxxing where you are effective for the group with both toons, or do you mean just a pocket healer for just your self or half heartly for other peeps in group. If its the latter than people dont like that to much, if its the latter its best to have that healer oog.
  12. DeseanJackson Augur

Most people do not care at all. The only time I’ve seen issues is when, let’s say someone 3 boxing, rolls on an item need on all 3 chars. Outside that, I’ve experienced zero problems over several months (outside my own crappy play while learning).
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'll take anyone in a group long as they are contributing vs. that wizard that goes afk like every 5 minutes for 15 min stretches..... o_O
  14. ShivanAngel Augur

I have 2-3 boxed on every TLP, usually with my brother.

When we 2 box we invite 2 outsiders to our group.

Usually they cant even tell we are boxing unless we say something about it, and that usually occurs when we are like hey sorry but we have 30 minutes left, want to replace all 4 of us or just disband.

After 30 minutes they thank us for the invite and go on their way, some even put us on their friends list so we can group again at another time. They also like it more because their chance at loot is higher. We typically only greed roll on our main toon 4<6, if something our boxes need drops we ask if its cool if we give it to them, since they are contributing to the group. 99% of the time they say sure.

These people are happy that they got a group and are getting exp/loot, instead of sitting LFG for hours. They dont give two that 4 of the characters are played by 2 people, the I hate boxers and want to see them banned is a VERY VERY VERY small VERY VERY VOCAL MINORITY
  15. Koshk Augur

That's a grand total of 5 Very's, for those counting. :cool:

I agree with Shivan. 98% of the time, I've had a positive experience with boxers. As long as they're competent and play nice? I really couldn't care less how many humans I'm dealing with. Actually, I sometimes even prefer joining boxed groups. Boxers are normally pretty chill. They're doing their thing, and don't expect a ton of conversation. Sometimes I'm looking for that kind of quiet, leveling experience.
  16. ShivanAngel Augur

The reason I am generally quiet is because half the group (me and the bro) are in a VoI talking...

If you strike up a convo I will happily engage tho
  17. orionfox Lorekeeper

For me, boxing would mean something to play 99% and something like a mage.
    Assist, send in pet, nuke, med.
    As long as I am assisting myself, I should be good :)