Pet DPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boxxie, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Boxxie New Member

Scale of 1-10. What is the relative dps of each of these pets against a NEUTRAL target (no resists withstanding) over say a fight 60 seconds.

Mage Fire
    Mage Water
    Mage Earth
    Mage Air
    Necro Skel
  2. Zansobar Augur

Are you assuming the pet is tanking the mob, and if so do you assume the pet lives for the 60 seconds?
  3. Targin Journeyman

Also depends a lot on level as necro pets go through various types and likely fluctuate in ranking.
  4. Boxxie New Member

Just alive, doesnt have to be tanking it or whatever.

Just in general, not a specific level, average while leveling.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You're gonna have to narrow this question down quite a bit to get any type of accurate answer. You've posted it in the TLP forum but not specified which era. As a ridiculously wide generalization I'd say something like Fire > Water > Air > Skelly > Earth, but even without assigning a 1-10 value that ranking order will change depending on era, focus effects, AA's, etc.
  6. Boxxie New Member

Talking about classic my bad, not thinking too far ahead yet :p
  7. gladiatoreq Elder

Necro Charm
    Water = Fire (only if you can get Fire to melee and cast with a Kindle park)
    Fire
    Necro
    Air
    Earth
  8. Moranis Augur

I quickly jumped on my 110 Mage on Friona Vie and ran a few parses.

I made the following assumptions:
    1. I used the highest pet possible up to lvl 60
    2. No pet focus
    3. Lvl 50 combat dummy - from the front - with default dummy settings
    4. I have about 15k AAs - all possible pet upgrades (so my numbers will be inflated beyond whatever you'll get on a TLP)
    5. Pet has no buffs or weapons
    6. I arbitrarily chose 10-minute parses because I didn't feel like spending an entire Sunday.
    7. I really can't promise these relative values represent what the pets will do on the TLPs
    Level 57 Earth Pet - Greater Voceration Earth
    /tell Bruno Bruno -vs- Combat Dummy Ena: -- DMG: 57650 -- DPS: 95 -- Scaled: 95 -- Hit: 52859 -- DirDmg: 2842 -- Kick: 1415 -- Bash: 534 -- % dmg as normal: 27.4% -- % dmg as critical: 72.6% -- Non-crit rate: 57.6% -- crit rate: 42.4% -- Attempts: 881 -- Hits: 484 -- Missed: 241 -- Defended: 156 -- Accuracy: 66.8% -- Avg Hit: 119 -- Max hit: 239 -- DMG to PC: 663

Level 58 Fire Pet - Greater Voceration Fire
    /tell Bruno Bruno -vs- Combat Dummy Ena: -- DMG: 73201 -- DPS: 122 -- Scaled: 122 -- Hit: 39816 -- DirDmg: 33385 -- % dmg as normal: 58.4% -- % dmg as critical: 41.6% -- Non-crit rate: 57.9% -- crit rate: 42.1% -- Attempts: 829 -- Hits: 487 -- Missed: 196 -- Defended: 146 -- Accuracy: 71.3% -- Avg Hit: 150 -- Max hit: 629 -- DMG to PC: 0

Level 59 Air Pet - Greater Voceration Air
    /tell Bruno Bruno -vs- Combat Dummy Ena: -- DMG: 55643 -- DPS: 91 -- Scaled: 91 -- Hit: 50995 -- DirDmg: 2520 -- Kick: 1462 -- Bash: 666 -- % dmg as normal: 31.8% -- % dmg as critical: 68.2% -- Non-crit rate: 60% -- crit rate: 40% -- Attempts: 884 -- Hits: 505 -- Missed: 229 -- Defended: 150 -- Accuracy: 68.8% -- Avg Hit: 110 -- Max hit: 232 -- DMG to PC: 737

Level 60 Water Pet - Greater Voceration Water
    /tell Bruno Bruno -vs- Combat Dummy Ena: -- DMG: 64739 -- DPS: 107 -- Scaled: 107 -- Hit: 56421 -- DirDmg: 8318 -- % dmg as normal: 35.8% -- % dmg as critical: 64.2% -- Non-crit rate: 59.8% -- crit rate: 40.2% -- Attempts: 900 -- Hits: 535 -- Missed: 231 -- Defended: 134 -- Accuracy: 69.8% -- Avg Hit: 121 -- Max hit: 232 -- DMG to PC: 592

Some Notes:

• The fire pet's dps was roughly 50% from nukes - so high FR mobs will drastically reduce his DPS.
    • I don't have a necro in any capacity, so I couldn't check them.
    • I re-ran the air pet and earth pet for an additional 10-minute parse because I really didn't believe the air pet was less DPS than the earth pet - but they came back about the same.
    • The water pet DPS is probably a touch lower - it was right around 103-104 for most of the fight but it spiked up a bit at the end after a handful of really good rounds.
    • With Burnout XIII (Lvl.110) - Water Pet has 235 DPS (200s parse), Fire pet has 205 DPS (200s parse), so it shows that the Fire pet DPS doesn't scale with haste like the others who do their damage from melee.
    • The water pet probably catches up to the fire pet with the applicable haste - I just didn't have the spell on my mage.
    Norok and Boze like this.
  9. Gnomemage New Member

The difference between the fire elemental and water gets even smaller when you start using melee weapons with DD procs. I would be interested in seeing the epic pet parsed vs fire.
  10. Bonified Lorekeeper

you will find mage water pet is the best of all til past lvl16 or so
  11. PwnQuest Augur

Water pet is generally what mages use for DPS. If you're wanting stuns and the pet isn't tanking, Air. The necro pets are fairly gimped on TLPs, but are decent.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

On Agnarr, Fire pet was always the best mage pet BUT BUT BUT you had to get him in melee range. It requires a non-brain dead knight to position the mobs on the pet... surprisingly harder to find than I imagined. But when they're nuking and meleeing they are the tops.
  13. gladiatoreq Elder

Or...arguably more importantly, a non-brain dead mage to properly move, guard, and Kindle the pet. Sure, a good knight can do this for you, but ultimately it's what distinguishes a good Mage from a standard one who sits on their mount and hits an assist macro.

Not as crucial in Group DPS situations, but this should be done for all raid encounters, particularly fights that allow you to pre-park your pet as you know which corner the boss will be tanked in.
  14. a_troll01 New Member

Pre-lvl 50, fire pets are the best solo pets. This is because of their insane innate dmg shield. IMO, air pet is still the best grouping pet because of their stuns. Water is a fine all around pet, and earth IMO, is completely overrated.

Dps wise, they'll all be relatively similar. Though, fire and water will be a bit higher because they have a damaging blast instead of a stun or root.

It isn't until 51 that the mage pets take on additional characteristics like backstab, nukes, etc.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Do mage pet crit will spells or only melee at 110? I know at least up unto TSS they only crit with melee. Your crit rate would be tilting the parse towards water more then the lack of haste tilts them towards fire
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So long the fire pet is positioned to melee they should have the same number of procs
  17. Donroy Elder

It was my understanding that Kindle was obsolete/did do anything anymore as Fire pets no longer have mana and park themselves automatically upon /pet attack. Is this not accurate?
  18. Corydon Augur

My fire pets on Agnarr just keep spamming their nukes. Doesn't seem they go oom at all. Not using kindle at all. Their melee is not even half as good as melee pets, but it adds. So, yes, pull the mob on top of the stationary fire pet.