How can we make forage a better skill?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chalkstix, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Chalkstix Journeyman

As it is right now, forage is a skill I use for tradeskills on Agnarr. I'm not entirely certain if it has any use on the live servers.
    While I like forage, I do believe improvements could be made. For instance, a shorter cooldown at higher skill levels or the chance to forage 2 or more items with 1 click at higher skill levels.
    I'm often in need of foraging materials that can only be found in certain zones. This is fine by me, since it encourages people to adventure in those zones. Sadly, however, there's not always a lot to do in those zones, and some forage ingredients can (at least on TLP servers) only be found in very few zones.

I encourage new and interesting/creative suggestions to improve a skill that I personally believe could be improved upon.

- Summerbird of Agnarr
  2. svann Augur

I think forage should be automated just like they made TS combines.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This is already the case
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Goodn Augur

I have good and bad news for you.

Good news - future aa access will give all classes the forage ability, shorter cooldowns, and in the case of druids, rangers, and possibly bards, the chance to forage more than one. You can see it for yourself in Foraging aa under the General aa tab.

Bad news - forage is what it is … producer of tradeskill items and the occasional quest piece (primarily for druids, rangers and bards and their epics). I'd even go so far to say that foraging is too important in tradeskills (primarily the reason they gave the ability to everyone).

Based upon this post and your spell idea post, I'm not sure you understand the idea behind the TLP servers...to experience EQ as it used to be. Spending days upon days in Plane of Growth hoping for planar oak forages is part of that experience.

You should probably be posting your TLP change ideas in the TLP forum. If you can get a consensus there about possible game changes/additions/whatever, it is very possible the devs will listen.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Combine forage and /gems
    YourNameHere likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Delete skill, put all foraged items on "forage sellers" in PoK for 1 copper each.
    YourNameHere and Bobbybick like this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Make an advanced loot style filter for it.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I wish you could block certain items, really getting annoyed with the stuff which has no use or value, or is old quest stuff that is no drop.
  9. Captain Video Augur

I have always wanted to be able to forage Krono.
    YourNameHere likes this.
  10. Silver-Crow Augur

It already is... just keybind forage and autoinventory to your w key and it forages/stores every time you move forward :)

i.e. bind the following social to the w button.

/doability 1 (assuming forage is in your first slot)
    /autoinventory

you can add a pause into the first line if you want to see what you forage up, before you autoinventory.
  11. svann Augur

I havent used the keyboard to move in 20 years. Left+right mouse buttons are far superior.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

If you have a gaming mouse you should be able to use the software to macro your left and right button to activate a hotkey designated to forage. I think you might even be able to do it with just the in game options also?
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This is all I want. So many unstackable, no drop, quest items that I’d love to never see again.

Regarding his other complaints yea the AAs later in EQ expansions handle these issues. But I do feel like they waited entirely too long for the reuse reduction AAs to come in. Those should’ve been introduced in like OoW along with Double forage. Not 12 years later in EoK.