Returning Player, Feeling a Little Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dianora, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Dianora New Member

Hey all, played from launch until LoY--mostly on Bard, never hit max level or raided. Playing a little bit of '99 about five years ago. Recently got the itch to check out the game again and I'd like to jump into Mangler once it launches.

I'm planning on being fairly casual and I don't have any friends so I'd be either soloing or PUGing but I would like to do raid content. I super don't want to play a pet class (I just don't like pet classes in general). I'm leaning toward Druid, Paladin, or SK for flavor reasons and I'm just feeling very discouraged by how all three are apparently "not quite good enough" classes in the end game.

Anyway, I guess I'm looking for a pep talk or a suggestion about which of those classes might be most enjoyable or to be told to just forget it and play Monk or Wizard or something.

Thanks in advance.
  2. orionfox Lorekeeper

Someone more knowledgeable than me can give better info, but from what I have seen, out of the three you mentioned, SK is the most desired. I have seen many say the druid is a great "second" classm but not a great main.
  3. internalprime8 Journeyman

I just started back up myself last weekend and I have a similar EQ background. I haven't looked into the raiding as much because, for me, that's not a goal so much as a "eh if it happens it happens" kind of thing. But I would honestly pick what you think you will enjoy from a flavor and gameplay perspective and just start playing with the expectation that it will work out. If you play a class just because of its desirability right now for the end-game, you probably won't enjoy your time and then what was the point? Who's to say the class you pick won't be a desirable raid addition in the next expansion? And I'm sure many raid groups would be happy just to have extra bodies.
  4. Xilriz Sathir New Member

I'm just coming back also, from leaving at the start of OoW, if you plan on subing i would recommend starting fresh on Mangler or Selo when they open in the next couple weeks thats what i'll be doing even though my old 2 main toons both have over 300 /played when I quit, that way there will plenty of people to play with and get you back into the game, as to which class to play, man just play which one makes you happy, personally i only really enjoy 2 classes in the game, monk and necro, so that's what i always end up going back to no matter how many alts of other classes of i made, those are the two i find most fun.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On the opposite side of the coin - I would suggest you start on a live server right now. You can do this free and for the first 50 levels or so the free vs paid bonus stuff won't matter but it will give you a chance to relearn the game a little.

Make a class that you have interest in and go thru the tutorial. Make a couple characters until you find one you like (I vote SK but that's me). Then when Mangler opens go there and pay and make your new guy.

Don't forget to try and get your old account back as it has benefits.

End game on live servers is much different than what it will be on Mangler so I don't think any one can advise what will be the best class - play what you like so you have fun.