new commonlands quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zarcal, Feb 27, 2019.

1. zarcal Elder

Working some alts and I have the purging the corruption task in New Commonlands.
    This quest is virtually impossible in its current state.

I did these quest on my main when they were current and from what i have observed currently:

The corrupted mobs are up only at server start. After a day or two of being killed or despawning they do not respawn.

There are NEVER any corrupted snakes or pumas any more. Only beetles and bears. (oh my)

The drop needed is already a somewhat uncommon drop.

Granted alot of people aren't doing these and i would in almost any other case not advocate taking a quest out of partisan/hero journey but if there is no bandwidth to fix maybe taking it out is the answer (and we can talk about snake milk in the buried sea another time :))

Thanks for reading/considering/etc
  2. Dragari Journeyman

I did this quest the other day, its a pain but its actually not as bad as it seems.
    In certain areas of the zone you will find 4 summoners, surrounded in a purple could. Now this purple cloud is what will turn mobs into the right ones to kill for the quest - at least for bears and beetles.

So my tactic was to find one of these area that was on the top of a hill, I then massacred any animal of any type that was wandering around the area unless it was a bear or beetle. If it was one of those I would aggro it and pull it into the edge of the cloud, and watch it turn into the right type of mob to kill. Now the drop rate still sucked, but at least I could get it done. So main tip is drag bears and beetles into a purple cloud, and if none up just kill everything as stuff in commonlands tends to be on a shared spawn table :)

Dragari
    Quatr and Yinla like this.