Chase loot evolution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vdidar, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Vdidar Augur

I know there was a thread on this exact topic and i know Ngreth even said what was required. I heard the req's may have changed and I didn't see it anywhere that I've looked. (that is not to say it isnt out there)
    Doe's anyone know for sure if the req's are still the same as what he posted in the thread that has been locked?
  2. Coagagin Guild house cat

Silver starts at 3 dark blue kills. Molo with a merc. Second evolution doubles that amount to 6. First gold evolution requires 12(ish) kills, etc.

You do the math but the pattern is well known at this time.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. Morthakia Augur

The changes that were made in the recent patch are as follows:

1) There were previously 5 tiers of each of the evolving items. The 5th tier was nerfed and a new 6th tier was added that has the same stats as the previous 5th tier.
    2) Previously, Master of the Burning Lands was required to evolve from Tier 4 to Tier 5. This restriction was removed completely.
    3) In order to evolve from Tier 5 to Tier 6, one must complete EVERY achievement in The Burning Lands. This includes the raid achievements and the raid challenger achievements, as well as all the group stuff.
    4) The shoulders and the ring previously had click effects as is customary for Shoulders/Rings. These clicks were removed due to coding limitations.
    5) The requirements to evolve from Tier 1 to Tier 2 remain unchanged. Happy Hunting / Collecting / Traveling / Achieving!
    Brohg and Vdidar like this.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Do stats improve going Lvl 1 to lvl 2?

I'm still super confused about evolution requirements at each lvl for each item.

Would love a comprehensive guide on acquiring and evolving these, but there doesnt seem to be one out there.
  6. Sancus Augur

Alarya, Vdidar and Ssdar like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I really wish they would put on them what achievments were required.I have gloves now I cannot evolve as they are hunter and I thought they were collect :( gonna be a while before I do EOK and ROS hunter, they would have been better on someone else.

Would have thought hands would have neen a natural choice for collects. LOL
  8. Morthakia Augur

Let me give it a shot:

There are four items. (A) Gloves (B) Boots (C) Ring (D) Shoulders. The four items drop in the “Fight Fire” group mission in Stratos. Any of the four items can drop from any of the final four mobs in the group mission. The drop rate is very low, you can do the mission dozens of times and get no drops.

Once acquired, each item starts at Tier 1 with 0% experience towards Tier 2. To gain experience, one must equip the item and kill mobs. Experience is only gained when certain mob types are killed and the mobs must be “light blue” or higher level. The mob types include Mephits, Elementals, Dervishes, Snails, and Djinn. There may be some others. They do NOT include armor models such as “A Pyre Armor” found throughout the TBL expansion.

Once you have taken your Tier 1 item to 100% experience, you have the opportunity to evolve it to Tier 2. However, each of the four items have a specific set of requirements before you can evolve it to Tier 2. These requirements are as follows:
    Gloves: Hunter achievements for all of Planes of Power, Empires of Kunark, and Ring of Scale expansions.
    Boots: Primary traveler achievements for every single zone in Everquest. When you’re looking at your achievement tabs, any traveler check marks that are indented are NOT required. All other traveler achievements are required. This includes all LDON, Guild Halls, Housing Types, and similar non-indented zones.
    Ring: Champion of Empires of Kunark and Champion of Ring of Scale (Basically do all the Merc/Partisan quests!)
    Shoulders: All collectibles from the Call of the Forsaken, The Darkened Sea, The Broken Mirror, Empires of Kunark, and Ring of Scale.

Once you leveled the Tier 1 item to 100% experience and accomplished that particular items pre-requisites, you can evolve it to Tier 2. The Tier 2 stats are significantly better than Tier 1 (roughly 1000 additional health/mana/endurance).

Now that your item is Tier 2, the experience is set back to 0% and you need to start gaining experience again, just as you did before. The experience required for Tier 2 is significantly more than the experience required for Tier 1. Upon reaching 100% experience, the item can be evolved to the next tier with no additional pre-requisites. This process repeats, with more experience required for each tier, until you have evolved the item to Tier 5.

In order to go from Tier 5 to Tier 6, a new set of prerequisites exist. The prerequisites are the same for each of the four items — you must complete EVERY achievement in The Burning Lands, including the raid achievements. Upon doing so, you can evolve from Tier 5 to Tier 6.

For general comparison purposes:
    Tier 1 = Roughly the equivalent stats as a Tier 1 piece of TBL loot.
    Tier 2 = Roughly the equivalent stats as a TBL Tradeskill loot (“Secret Dawn”)
    Tier 3 = Best available group gear. Slightly better stats than TBL tradeskill loot.
    Tier 4 = Better than the best available raid gear.
    Tier 5 = Slightly better than Tier 4 stat wise. Has different augment slots than Tier 4.
    Tier 6 = Better than anticipated raid gear from next expansion.

There is also another very important element to this gear, which is that they have new augment types that are not available on any other piece of gear. I won’t go into the detail there because it will probably just be more confusing, but this gear accepts Type 18 and Type 19 augments instead of Type 7 and Type 8.

Hope this is helpful.
    Petalonyx, SubEffect and Vdidar like this.
  9. Pani Augur

Can anyone comment on the augs, and which classes might be better suited to some of them? It doesn't appear there are any for healers, at least from the ones that I have seen.
  10. Vdidar Augur

Thanks for the response but this isn’t what I was asking about.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That's not the way I roll. I like to give things for players to discover, not hand it to them on a silver platter.
    This the HINTS but not details.
    FubarEQ, Orbital101, Jondalar and 7 others like this.
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Spelling Blitzkrieg! FTFY! :D

Ooo, hitler germans is a prohibited word, who knew.
  13. Nytedeath New Member

So basically if you have one it is going to stay tier 1 until you sink some time into things? devious but I like it
  14. Tucoh Augur

It's way better this way because even if only a small group of focused players figure it out for the rest of us,

1. It builds a sense of community because we have to engage with one another to figure it out.
    2. It prevents you from having to document everything!
  15. Ssdar Augur

Totally agree! Reminds me of figuring out all the clues for finding the ground spawns for The Artisan's Wares. It's definitely high on my list of most fun things I've done in EQ, teaming up with dedicated people from many different servers, all working towards a common goal of solving a new EQ puzzle. None of us even knew what the reward would be at the time, but just the discovery alone was rewarding. So thank you for giving us things to collectively think about in addition to the grind content!
    bbanz and Vdidar like this.
  16. Vdidar Augur

That was pretty damn cool.
  17. Fian Augur

One thing to add is you must take out any augs before you evolve your gear or they will be lost. Frankly, I consider this a bug. The evolve should just be blocked until the item is augment free.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What hints?
    The boots just say "Room to grow", the gloves say "worn but perhaps reparable", Shoulders & ring say "near Ultimate evolution".

I like to figure things out for myself, but if it hadn't been for beta I wouldn't have had a clue.
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

Hints like: Travel far and wide, on and off Norrath, to empower these boots.
  20. Lianeb Augur