PowerSources

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jalelorf, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Jalelorf Augur

Why are these not player made? They were originally put in the game as player made items. Now we have to go camp named in a previous expansion for a rare chance at it dropping.

Why not make them tradeskill based and simply make some of the materials uncommon? Why not sell them in the marketplace?

I am so tired of camping yesterdays named for these.
    Coagagin likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Um, I sell tons in the baz. Are you on a tlp or something? Or maybe your talking about higher levels? And they do have high dollar mats like chronal dust etc. that can be rare at times. Look under eq traders for "sealed" (higher level) or "cloudy" lower level.

Edit - and you can buy them off certain npc if your faction is high enough
  3. Horyuken Augur

This! I would pay to save my time
  4. TheStugots Augur

I’m sure he’s taking about the newer powersources introduced in RoS. They aren’t crafted and only drop randomly off RoS named.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah I did not know the ROS ones were originally player made. But then I am not up to those zones yet, still truckin along at low 100's :)
  6. Maedhros High King

It's been a few days since the last post about power sources. Was getting worried.
  7. Lianeb Augur

I know it’s trivial to the conversation but
    They were not originally tradeskilled. They were merchant bought and progression group and raid determined which one you could buy.
    Trade skilled ones didn’t happen till 1 or 2 expansions later.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. Coagagin Guild house cat

For those tuning in a bit late to the game, here. Player made power sources or PS stop at level 75 while the rest of Everquest advance far, far beyond to 110 in its current form. Mathematically 75 < 110 right? Still the only reliable PS we have access to range from a 5 percent drop from rare, named spawns in Xorbb to 25 percent level drops in the TDS expansion (Caverns and Degmar) and a few others in RoS (Howling Stones, Sathir's Tomb). Probably missing a zone there so forgive me.

Problem is with the introduction of evolving gear. You are now forced to make the trade-off between farming old content for a good to current PS or work endlessly on your evolving gear. I know this is going to sound a bit harsh and may not fit with your current reality but a few of us in game have these these daily annoyances called "jobs". These so called "jobs" prohibit us from staying Norrath 16 hours a day and thus limit the amount of time to both evolve equipment and hunt trash for PS.

Now, I understand many of the top players in all of Norrath are retire, disabled of ill health, etc and have many, many more hours of free time to pursue such endeavors, PS have also become a bit of a running joke and hence why it keeps coming up every few weeks.

There needs to be an acceptable alternative here, either increase the availability of the spawn/drop rates or add player made (pottery based) PSes to maximize our time and more importantly our availability to group, raid and get other things done.

-Coag
    Syylke_EMarr and Mintalie like this.
  10. Mintalie Augur

^^ I will never have the current chase loot because I absolutely do not have the time to evolve them (or do the prerequisites, but that's another matter entirely). There really should be a better way of getting the current best Powersources.
  11. svann Augur

Yea, PS really should drop from current content. Please add cliff stones and etc to TBL drop tables. No one wants to form groups to go back to camp ROS except 6 boxers and free players.
    Coagagin and Syylke_EMarr like this.