Servers are having a lot of lag issues.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nightmares, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Nightmares Augur

Servers having a ton of lag issues all over the place. from Launching the launchpad, to getting to Server select, to loading to character select to loading into world.
    Not to mention zones lagging everywhere(PoK has kicked or locked up for short duration repeatedly, last night I couldn't even origin to Crescent Reach, it kicked me out), and Loot system taking up to 20 seconds to loot things ( as a bard, this disrupts my Song casting / melody. As other classes the lag could mean I'm actually dead and don't know it unless my friends in Discord let me know.)
    This really needs to be addressed and sooner than the next monthly patch. a lot of people I've talked to are getting these problems.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You've tested every server?
  3. Nightmares Augur

Didn't say I tested them all. I know I was having issues on Rathe, Brekt, Ragefire. Also the Server select / login servers are different than the game servers, and I mentioned those as well. Have also confirmed with many friends the same issues.
    There are more than 1 type of "server(s)" that DB uses. Don't jump the gun and just assume something.
  4. Arceus-Mend New Member

No issues at all on Phinny, been smooth (other than a few nights ago where server crashed for 5 mins to reset hot zones). Did you try unplugging your router and plugging it back in?
  5. Nightmares Augur

Yes I did. But as I said earlier, it's not just me. Guilds and alliance guilds on each server, when asked, had several members responding as having same such issues.
    I will say it's a little better today than it has been the last week or so, but still not where it should be / used to be. However some things are still taking a long time ( took roughly 2 minutes for launcher to come up out of the little grey screen that is the slider / presentation on the launcher, Server select had no servers for roughly 5 minutes when the screen finally came up, long time to go from that screen to character select, and about as long to go from there to in game. Not to mention Venders are super sluggish and taking up to 5 minutes to sell contents of a bag, or even 15-25 sec for a single item. Advanced loot window doing about same ( on and off)).
    Edited for clarification
  6. Nightmares Augur

All Hardware drivers are up-to-date, I cleaned and defragmented system, ran all scans. Checked other gaming servers. No issues whatsoever with anything except EQ.(And Validated EQ files too mind you).