Gnome Memorial Mountain

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beggly, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Beggly Augur

Is it an instance? Is it an expansion? Is it only available for the Anniversary (most likely)?

If it is an adventure option, will it only be available to those with top echelon characters, or will anyone be able to explore it? Personally, I'd prefer it to be scaling level requirement if it is an adventure. I don't have any L110 characters, and will not have any for a few years to come.

I also get a little frustrated with all the emphasis going to high end players and not being able to participate in events because my highest guy is L80ish. Common, guys, toss us casuals a bone!!!

Anyway, this is all speculation. I liked the dramatic introductory story, and I hope I can explore the final project. Guess we'll see.
    snailish likes this.
  2. Yimin Augur

This is no Memorial it's a tomb , hope this is a new zone :D

YiMin
  3. Numiko Augur

killing named orcs and werewolves in Loping planes i have been getting positive faction for something called Memorial Gnomelike. .. i wonder if it is related to this zone?
    snailish likes this.
  4. Chandlersnubbin New Member

The files for this zone have been around for years, I guess they finally decided to do something with them.
  5. Sancus Augur

It is.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Yimin Augur

There was a time, long ago, when the Combine Empire dominated Norrath. At the peak of their rule, those in power became concerned that they were losing important cultures and societies as they swept over the lands. To ease their conscience, the Combine decided to preserve some of the species that they deemed to be interesting or important. The Combine created domes with environments suited to these creatures and, with or without their permission, a breeding population was placed inside each habitat. These domes were anchored to the bottom of the deep oceans of Norrath.
    Eventually, Norrathians discovered several of these domes with living Shissar and Kedge, both thought long gone from the world. But that discovery was years ago, and it turns out there was at least one more secret preserve. This one seems to be the most unusual of all - dedicated to the preservation of gnomes.
    [IMG]
    Gnome Memorial Mountain was intended to be the home of a healthy population of gnomes. However, the Combine failed to notice that when they trapped the gnomes, a small group of bloodmoon orcs were also caught in the dome. While the Combine fell from power and the undersea domes were forgotten, the orcs and the gnomes fought a battle over resources that lasted generations. Eventually, the orcs won... and all the gnomes perished.
    Even as the gnomes fought for survival, they always worked to perfect their clockworks. Unaware of what the world outside of their habitat was like, the very last of the gnomes ordered their clockwork assistants to keep the memory of their people alive. The clockworks built a museum to their makers, and although they have done their best to honor the gnomes that created them, they do not remember their instructions perfectly. Now, decades later, some clockworks remain dedicated to keeping their museum ready for visitors, while others have evolved their purposes to something that their creators might not appreciate.
    Just recently, Gnome Memorial Mountain was unmoored from the sea and has bobbed up to the surface, its protective dome gone. The gnomes in Norrath have been working diligently to create transport so that adventurers will be able to visit this historical wonder of magic and innovation.
    It is certain that the gnome-like clockworks will be waiting to greet any new visitors after so many years... but then again, so will a starving bloodmoon orc tribe.
  7. Numiko Augur

from the 20th anniversary producers letter:

Our anniversary events in game in March include a brand new land, raids, and rares with a story about preserving our past, and it’s free.

8. Sancus Augur

It's a zone. It's very likely going to be available persistently, a la Plane of War.
    Cailen, Tutunka, Fanra and 2 others like this.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

As a modern day gnome, the thought of losing to orcs is absurd. Apparently Darwin was right.
    Pirlo likes this.
  10. svann Augur

Need a 350 tinker to enter.
    RPoo, Axxius, Tutunka and 2 others like this.
  11. Morthakia Augur

Can anyone comment on the actual content of the zone as well as the raids? Difficulty level? Rewards? What was meant by rares?
  12. Coronay Augur

Nope. Dunno. Probably. Maybe named mobs?
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

For the amount of work that appears to have gone into it, I really hope so.
    Fanra and Sancus like this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yes, rares are what Daybreak calls named mobs.
  15. Kolani Augur

So, Combine timeline - are they recent or ancient? EQ lore implies both.
    Yimin likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Maybe an Obsidianwood Compound Bow or a Glowing Black Stone for the key quest....
  17. Critts Augur

I heard that everyone was getting a lv 100 gnome and that they will have new character models. Something about clockwork bodies. #justkiddingnotture
    Prathun likes this.
  18. snailish Augur

I applaud this just from a lore standpoint. Sounds interesting and like it fits/enhances.

I hope it is really weird and (re)playable.

Would be fun if it was goofy... a really low level version and a 110 version or something.
  19. Rajaah Elder

How long have the zone files been around? I.e. what expansion was this zone supposed to be a part of? I keep finding unused zonelines in old zones like Jaggedpine and it makes me wonder what got left out.

Edit: Sounds like TBS, but SoF introduced those orcs.
  20. Riou EQResource

TDS, believe it was supposed to be the free zone ala PoWar the year prior in CotF, but then like half the devs were laid off around the end? of TDS beta or during it I forget

Heritage Crates... Illusion... Maybe :p

Yes, normal zone stuff, and yes, there are Raids
    TBL t3 equivalent gear (raid), TBL t4 on grp side, so probably TBL ish difficulty
    Rares = Name