Gearing path on phini

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Craized, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Craized Lorekeeper

So I’ve started a new 2 box on phini and I’m currently blasting through the low level content while levelling, atm, my mercs are doing most of the work.

However I’m well aware that my mercs strength will drop off and the difficulty curve will increase some at around level 70, and I’ll need to start considering gear on my characters as well as exp.

Thus far I’ve been relying solely on defiant drops that I’ve picked up along the way.

My question is: is there a viable gearing path (quests/instances/boss farming - whatever works) I should be working on that can be 2 box moloed around these levels and going forward? If I can get groups at these higher levels that would definately be preference, but if possible I’d like to be as self sufficient as possible until my characters are less of a liability to groups.

My box consists of a shaman/ sk, if that is a consideration.

Any info is much appreciated.
    Cheers.
  2. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    I would keep with defiant till the +81 range. Then you should try to get "Stalwart" Cultural armor. SoF and SoD group gear is really, good, so you should look for augments/Weapons/nonvisibles there. Eventually SoD group armor will make you really stronger on both chars.
    Craized likes this.
  3. Craized Lorekeeper

I should probably mention that I’m starting new on the server, so I’m not sure the likes of cultural armour will be within my means anytime soon. My plat is pretty much going out as soon as I get it on spells alone.
  4. Zipe The Healer

The base cultural chain and plate only costs one Vanadium ore (avg 200pp at bazz). The chestpiece have like 400hp and 177ac. The problem is not the price, the problem is finding a Cultural Smith of your race willingly to make it cheap for you at material cost.
    I am Human smith, wish I could hellp.

Anyhow, I would recommend check raidloot.com and filter slots by expansion and check for group drops there.
    Craized likes this.
  5. Craized Lorekeeper

Cheers, I’ll have a look
  6. Numiko Augur

your hero's journey book you get is a good place to start too, it guides you to a lot of quests and zones where you can get appropriate level gear for your toons.

buy yes get defiant gear as you level up, it's fairly cheap and plentiful and has better stats then old raid gear in many cases.
  7. Roxas MM Augur

When you're at the stage of wanting the cultural armor, make sure you join general chat and look for people that can make the armor. There is at least 1 guy that can make everything. ( but i dont want to post his name here without his permission).
    Craized likes this.
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

New augs for that armor will be craftable in a few weeks when UF opens, there's non-raid foci available too and I think that will be the best gear option by the time you're 85.

E.g., for an iksar sk:
    BP: http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=33536&menustr=035000000000
    Stat aug: http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=33139&menustr=035000000000
    Focus aug example: http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=33003&menustr=035000000000

The most important thing to do for gearing your SK will be farming AC augs while you xp.