What is the fascination with gnomes?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Cicelee Augur

Most overrated race in the game I say. And they are getting an anniversary mountain on top of it? Where is the High Elf Mountain? Or the Ogre Mountain?

This is ridiculous. The only joy from Gnome Mountain is the immense satisfaction of hopefully slaying thousands upon thousands of those three foot pieces of you know what.

Prove me wrong. Prove that gnomes are all they are cracked up to be. Cause I tell you, they are not!
  2. svann Augur

steamjet pack
    Koryu likes this.
  3. Bumkus Elder

Gnomes can tinker, which is a very useful tradeskill.
  4. kizant Augur

If you use the correct classic player models then they look really cool. And they have mechas.
  5. Tachyon Augur

Not having to worry about shrink on raids = Priceless!
    Mintalie likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm looking forward to a mountain made out of gnomes!

:D
  7. strongbus Augur

lets see gnomes are

the smartest class
    the best looking class
    gnomes are the ones who keep the world running(i mean who else can keep all the machines up and going)

in short gnomes rule this world
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You forgot - They make the best Ogre food!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Herf and Drogba like this.
  9. strongbus Augur

na ogre like dwarfs better. trolls like gnomes.
  10. Riou EQResource

Gnomes are pretty much the only ones that can and do make Robots and steam machines, you can do a lot with that kind of stuff
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

My wizard used to be dark elf and I had every trophy maxed that I could but I was missing tinkering so I did a race change and never looked back. Having built in shrink is so nice. They even had a expansion around them in Secrets of Faydwer. My main playing char is a halfing ranger but if gnomes could be ranger I probably race him too. If you ever wanna see gnome power just goto dragonscale hills and look for the big walking guardian :)

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Yimin Augur

Gnome stick together this is why we rule ! GNOME POWER

We are the Gnome . Lower your shields and surrender your weapons . We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

YiMin of the Gnomes
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Vlad Diszno Augur

Let’s not forget that there are placeable Garden Gnomes but no Garden (insert any other race here) in housing.
    Them gnomes have a monopoly.
    Definitely preferential treatment!
  14. Drogba Augur

Here at Prophets of the Myst, we understand how you feel.

The next time that you're feeling blue, why not come and take a tour of our gnome torture cha- <COUGHS> ..Guild Hall Basement*.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

We might even let you operate some of the equipment.
  15. Mintalie Augur

Gnomes are the greatest!
  16. Vlad Diszno Augur

As an argument to have more than just Garden “Gnomes”-
    It would be nice to be able to more easily portray something other that gnome-on-gnome violence in housing.
  17. Fluid Augur

Gnomes had the best player guild name/access: Death From Below. I still miss them clowns. :)
    Drogba likes this.
  18. Vlad Diszno Augur

I heard someone recently asking the question “Is it ok to still have children?”
    I can only imagine this was specifically referring to gnomes.

And what about the Drunken Gnome Races?! Very discriminating!
    Will they allow anyone that says they identify as a gnome to participate?
  19. Yimin Augur

Gnome Mafia on Tallon Zek 6 Gnome wiz would zone in kill you and zone out !

Yimin
  20. Bamboompow Augur

Being short, bald, with a pooch gut, perhaps socially inept as a result....... but otherwise talented at skills derived from STEM learning? And able to WTFexplode stuff with giant robots and steampunk tech?

Why would anyone find that fascinating?