Make Bards better

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skalde, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Cailen Augur

I second this, bards are easy to play adequately but require skill, knowledge and talent to play to their potential. Sirene is all of the above.

Bards aren't broken when played properly
  2. Skalde Elder

Considering this expansion hates casters I wouldn't be surprised if a bard is getting up there especially when some guilds still have mediocre players.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

The fact that it's been 3pgs ..

And the op.. refuses to answer a simple as what's your bars name question. . Clearly shows they just need to play better LEARN yo class fool .. an play it as its ment to be played hello..

If you think I am wrong.. name yo bards name..
  4. Skalde Elder

lol my username is my bards name. It's not a skill issue as people are showing parses of 1 bard doing 60m+ more than the other 5 bards in guilds because they're only using alliance while the other bards nuke which is essentially padding numbers considering it is 5 second reuse.
    Whulfgar and Ambition like this.
  5. Ninelder Augur

Now that is something that screws everyone equally, you cant even use your DB song to stop it.
  6. Parker Elder

Another suggestion. While i Absolutely loathe they put a recourse thingy on bellow it can have other uses like situations like this....unless the dot or dd is casted on initial aggro. Tag with bellow and immidiately fade then back waaay off and allow the recourse to trigger to reaggro and allow it to path to the desired location. Maybe try swarm pet pull as well and back up out of casting range as well.
  7. code-zero Augur

You should tag with Sonic Disturbance instead of Bellow now
  8. Parker Elder

You da man!
  9. Cadira Augur

What is this? An aa? Was thinking about playing by bard again soon and hadn't heard about it.
  10. Parker Elder

From what I can tell its similiar to the original bellow AA, small DD or something with 250 range, short reuse with a pushback. Totally escaped my mind if they just swapped bellow's basic function with this when they went and changed Bellow so been pulling with slow mostly.
    Cadira likes this.
  11. Cadira Augur

I saw spell info on eqresource but no indication of where it came from and nothing on allah.

I like to use the drum from hh naggy but I hate that it can interrupt your melody. Loved using bellow back in the day but doesn't seem like the best idea now plus the endurance cost so I'm looking out for anything. The click from tor might be best
  12. Baldur Augur

Cadira likes this.
  13. ptah Augur

hmm bards.. imho
    Personal dps works out fine for what we are.. hybrid with adps.. mora is better but ok level if doing everything you can. Insults, shouts, bellow.. swarms etc.

Pulling.. just use all your tools. test everything adjust as needed.

CC.. well yea the resist to recast sucks.. but its not the end of the world. AE to single.. maybe a tash click or HoS mixed in. effort. Yeah does feel like joke when AE root is quicker and resist far less.. yea. Do I enjoy the tank disc and CC of him sure.. but its end of world.

Would I like mez resist mod lower for us Yes.. but tbl is 100% doable.
  14. Skalde Elder

I'm not denying singling mobs is a problem, but my issue is we have virtually no tools to be pullers for fast groups and get mobs to the group efficiently and not run oom using fade so much. Our tools to pull from groups of 4+ mobs is lacking and the punts are a joke because you can just push them into more mobs or they don't warp back far enough and still add. On top of that our mana/endurance recovery is a joke ever since rallying call got nerfed and changed. Simple things like a targetted AE mez song wouldn't hurt to give us because PBAOE mez gets us killed if it doesn't fire just in time. Also got to keep in mind our songs still cast slow so timing is everything.
  15. Cadira Augur

Sonic displacement + fade in one hotkey + facing away from the mobs = throwing a single mob out of the pile, a neat little trick. Usually they are far enough to not agro the other mobs in the group.

Sometimes casting ae mez, invis while casting and then standing in middle of a group works out nicely. than tag/fade/retag at your leisure for singles. Baring resists of course.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

another bard thread >< kek
  17. Pirlo Augur

im not sure we can control the direction of the push anymore.
    ill double check next time i play
  18. Cadira Augur

If they changed it that could be correct, but a couple years ago I know the mechanic was simply, it throws the mob in the direction you are facing.
  19. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Push from spells and abilities goes whatever direction you're facing.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Not from you to mob?