How fast is Ragefire xp?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Valanie, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Stormblossom Elder

My big question is what happens to the xp rates when they would have increased previously? Will Selo's xp end up faster than even FV when it reaches GoD/TSS or will it simply get fewer xp bumps and end up normalized? Will the increased spawn rates for names continue indefinitely, or will that stop when it "becomes a live server"?
  2. Ceffener Augur

Guessing “become standard live server”, currently means it will become a standard live server.

But they have over 2 years to change their mind.
    Barton likes this.
  3. Fiugvktffkhgvkkh New Member

Any word if the race/class xp penalties will exist on Mangler or Selo?
  4. Brunlin Augur

Just remember if you play on Ragefire currently that its rate is slightly faster than its launch because of Gates of Discord.
  5. taliefer Augur

there are no race or class penalties or bonuses any longer
  6. Coppercoz Augur

Seems somehow wrong if Selo's doesn't end up at least as fast as FV. :)
  7. Aziuno Augur

I am sure it has been asked and answered before, but why isn't there more transparency when stating exp?

You can do something as easy as live is exp 1.0
    If something is 50% faster, its 1.5 exp, etc.

It makes it a lot easier to understand, transparency isn't a bad thing.
  8. TimeBreak Elder

So all these questions about Phinny, Ragefire, Agnarr, etc.
    Lots of these servers have gotten xp bumps when certain expansions open and I think Roxxly was stating what current xp rates are on those servers which isn't what the original question was.

XP slowest......to fastest
    Original EQ
    Phinny/Coirnav (Phinny is faster now, but at launch it was same dog xp that Coirnav has now)
    Ragefire/Lockjaw/Agnarr *Mangler now fits here (All started with around the same xp, Ragefire/Lockjaw have gotten xp bumbs since launch)
    Live EQ Servers
    Firiona Vie
    Test

Combine/Sleeper were launched with Live xp, but that was 2006 and before TSS. Llive at that time was probably closer to Agnarr and not current live rates.
  9. Sethiroth Augur

I seriously doubt it. Selos exp is almost certainly set to be as fast as it’s dver going to get.
  10. Sethiroth Augur

It starts faster than live. It’s not liable to get any faster. Chances are they might make it slower to bring it back to live levels once it gets there though /shrug
  11. Gremin Augur

Yup was comparing when both where in classic.
    Brunlin likes this.
  12. Brolie Lorekeeper

I know people are saying that Ragefire has only had the bump from GoD but when DoDH launched it really seemed like the XP curve kicked into a new gear and feels even faster than in the Gates-DoN era.
    I have no real math to back this up other than seeing my AA going up at what seems like a faster rate.
  13. Protocol Dragon Defender

[IMG]

Selo will not even be 30% faster than Agnarr.
    Barton likes this.
  14. Korzu111 Elder

As someone who played Lockjaw/Ragefire and on Phinny when it started, I am happy with Mangler's rate.
  15. Kattria Minx Augur

Zek also has an EXP bonus. Near FV values, maybe lower.
  16. Sethiroth Augur

I’m clearly confused lol. It’s hard to keep on top of all the conflicting information.
  17. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

I don't get it.

The FAQ for Selo says 2x RF and slower than live.

It can't be both of those.

And since Roxxlyy just confirmed it slower than live, is it safe to say the 2x RF thing was a **** lie because it's no where near that fast.
  18. PwnQuest Augur

Math is hard. Maybe they meant Selos would be 50% faster than RF?
  19. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

Even if that was true, Selo would still be faster than live.

Ragefire is 30% slower than live
  20. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

Just to be clear here, if Selo is truly slower than live, that means Mangler and Selo have almost identical exp rates.

Selo might be 20% faster, that's it