With the News of Mangler, Normalize XP on Coirnav or the Server Will Die

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tizim, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Tizim New Member

The announcement of the new rule changes for Mangler is going to destroy the new player population on coirnav. Which is bound to happen anyway, but give the current players on the server normal xp for the incentive to stay.

Very worried it's over for coirnav.
    Higgs Boson likes this.
  2. Jontrann Augur

Could of told you that a year ago.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You should be in the /bazaar taking advantage of the news instead of posting on the forums..... :D
  4. Renshu Augur

I think the exp rate went up on Phini when GoD launched.
  5. Higgs Boson New Member

What is the krono price in Coirnav after the news? I'm sure it skyrocketed lol
  6. a_librarian Augur

all the TLPs are disposable so don't get attached. Expect 1-2 more new TLPs next year to continue the cycle
  7. Numiko Augur

Phinny exp did jump with GoD and again when TSS launched, it now has the same exp rate as a live server.
    snailish, Renshu and Ngreth Thergn like this.
  8. a_librarian Augur

What we should be asking for is that they finally fix the insanely dumb expansion unlock timer for LDoN. Cut it down to one month already ffs, no server needs 6 months of PoP era
    BankheadHighway and Renshu like this.
  9. Rururu New Member

I concur, Coirnav will need something to keep it unique from Mangler, I'm not that worried about Selo, but at it's inception Mangler is a more attractive Phinny clone due to it's significantly increased EXP. Coirnav either needs better exp rates, a bit less time in LDON or it needs eventually transfers from Agnarr to Coirnav just prior to GoD.
  10. Darkhain Elder

Yes we desperatly need xp bonus on Coirnav, it makes no sense.
    Also agree, LDoN should only last 1 month.
  11. Helloitsme New Member

Yes please, we have the worst xp rate of all servers. It only profits RTM'ers, and scare every new players and even high lvl, because of this.
  12. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

LDoN being an additional three months has always been a business decision for DBG. They know that the 6-month PoP period for TLPs is agonizing, and they've always timed the release of new TLPs to this six-month period so that players abandon their old servers and race to the new ones.

Phinny - Agnarr
    Coirnav - Two new TLPs

It is their business strategy to sell potions and mounts and bags and all the other crap that new TLPers buy for themselves, hoping this server will be better than the last. Their business model isn't sustainable because people don't need to buy as much when expansions come out. But a new server? That's Cash Central.

They are never going to change LDoN to be part of PoP, which is what it should be. They want these servers to dwindle and die so you go to the new shiny they're popping out.
  13. Kahna Augur

What? Why, on earth, would anyone want to go to Mangler from Coirnav? Do classic-Luclin all over again when we just went through them? You will have to grind more to get 1-60 over the next 6 months then you will have to to go from 60-65 and get the AA you need before GoD, even with the exp differences. Anyone leaving Coirnav for Mangler is foolish, and shooting themselves in the foot. 1-50 and 50-60 took me 2 weeks each. 60-65 took 2 days. I've gotten all the AA I needed just farming Plane of Storm keys and spell parchments. Classic-Luclin is too fresh in Coirnavian's memories for Mangler to have a huge draw on the server, even with the exp boost.
  14. Higgs Boson New Member

I think OP was referring mostly to new players coming to the server. New/returning players are a must if a server is going to have any chance given the attrition rate of a 20 year old game.

So the question would be why would someone returning join Coirnav when they can join Mangler with an easier catching up time and way better exp?
    ardyes likes this.
  15. Kahna Augur

Meh, influx of new blood pretty much dies as soon as a server hits Kunark. People think it is "too late" and don't like starting if they missed the beginning. You get one or two folks here and there sure, but for the most part it's just a constant slow decline from what you started with. Most people who missed the Coirnav bus were just waiting around for the next one any way.
  16. Artaserse2 Elder

I don't think that there is going to be a huge outflow of people from Coirnav. People who have high level characters & are committed to the server will stay.

However, increasing the XP rates to Agnarr levels (or something similar) will help keep Coirnav competitive for those new people aren't up to doing the Classic Trilogy again, but who do not want to be on Selo with its 1 month unlocks.
  17. Hdizzle Augur

This is contrary to the quite vocal demand of starting a TLP outside of classic. I thought you trueboxers were all classic'd out? Now you wanna play it again cause the xp rate, or is it because the big guilds won't be on mangler?
  18. Crayon123 Augur

You would be wrong.
    ardyes and Hdizzle like this.
  19. Hdizzle Augur

Phinny merc'd ragefire, but we could box to make up for it. Maybe removing Truebox at the launch of a new TLP is the way to go? After a year the servers are past the part of the game everyone complains about boxing anyway. Once everyones key'd for PoP does anyone even care?
  20. Crayon123 Augur

It is. Liquidate your droppables for Kronos before its worth far less in a week.
    ardyes likes this.