FV Loot and Non Truebox TLP are a SURE THING next year

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by a_librarian, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a_librarian Augur

Change my mind
    Torezz likes this.
  2. Master Kahleem Augur

You're bad at life.

/thread
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  3. PwnQuest Augur

I would put the odds of a non-truebox server at nearly 0% (if you want to multibox an army, go play live EQ), FV I could see as an alternative ruleset as many people have loudly requested it for years now.
    Artaserse2 likes this.
  4. Cezz Journeyman

Meh, too little too late. Truebox is fine, FV Loot would have been the most popular EQ server of all time. Squandered hype.
  5. Ehrz Journeyman

Dbg had the best chance ever to drop truebox or add fv at any time and they didn't odds are they never will at this point
  6. Artaserse2 Elder

A Full FV Rule set or RP TLP is definitely a possibility given the long term success of the FV server on Live. And many people support this.

However, I agree with PwnQuest with regard to a non-true box server. After all the problems on Ragefire & the near total collapse of Lockjaw it is unlikely that DBG will risk such an outcome again.

True Box is now the Standard.
  7. Torezz Lorekeeper

All of those issues would be fixed by AoC. If Ragefire had AoC back then, none of that fighting would have happened.
  8. Stagentti Augur

Maybe. Maybe not.

It's still clear that DBG isn't interested in taking the risk though. No sign of that changing.
    Artaserse2 likes this.
  9. PwnQuest Augur

There's no upside to going non-truebox for Daybreak. It just invites people to abuse multiboxing dozens of characters using third party programs.
  10. Torezz Lorekeeper

Um, the clear upside to this is allowing more subscriptions per person. And that means more money from mounts, kronos, appearance items, etc.
  11. PwnQuest Augur

More subs per person yes, but the overall playerbase on this hypothetical non-truebox server would be dramatically smaller than recent TLPs, and therefore bring them less money.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No.
    SweetLaxTho, Harris77, Jezzie and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.