Make Bards better

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skalde, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Skalde Elder

Lets talk about bards. Why do we constantly get stagnated behind and no improvements other than to be afk boxes? We have the ability to use disciplines but yet year after year they continue to never add any to boost our dps or survivability. Bards are a dying class and they are mediocre at pulling now , especially with the crazy mez resists in TBL. Can we at least get them a dps boost or some more tools to make them useful and desirable other than for melee dps groups in raids (or occasional Necro). There's so much potential and things that can be added to make them somewhat a decent class but devs continue to push them aside like a red headed stepchild. /Rant off
    Raveno Puppykicker likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I laughed out loud at work.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Bards do nuts personal DPS, 5s alliance refresh is a riot and Boastful/Vang shout in groups should put you right up there by itself. I look on my parser some events and audibly swear at Sirene

At any rate, they're still one of the most desired classes. Swarm pet DPS with bard aura is crazy, they add huge adps to everyone and with the way priests/tanks can DPS nowadays there's no reason not to try and put one in every single group
  4. Whulfgar Augur

What's your bards name ?
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Bards are still probably the best pullers in the game.

I mostly just box my bard anymore but he still autoattacks for 100k DPS, on top of whatever he's giving to the rest of the group.
  6. Sancus Augur

On that note, a shameless plug: RoI is recruiting bards. PST.
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Nonononono

SR is recruiting Bards, pick us, we have family BBQs on Saturdays
  8. Tucoh Augur

Bards are so hot right now.

But I agree with myself from last year.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/bard-stuff-ideas-for-next-expansion.251416/

9. Skalde Elder

Monks got instant cast AE mez and distant strike breaks mezzes without getting summoned /shrug. Alot more effortless than trying to get mezzes to land in TBL.
  10. Skalde Elder

Alliance only matters in raids, and even then it's not putting bards way up there and uses alot of mana and bards have virtually no mana recovery tools as it is even with mod rods. Boastful/Vang uses a ton of endurance and we run out pretty fast in a good group not having breather like every other melee/hybrid/tank. On top of that it takes 18s-21s depending on server tic for them to doom.
  11. Pirlo Augur

Can you elaborate please?
    Do you have 2 raid weapons?
    Are you singing dots in your Melody?

Mine is group geared and only doing 40k dps with a wurmslayer and tradeskill tbl item.

:oops:
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Just using 2 TBL Secret Dawn weapons. No dots or nukes in melody. Does usually have Shaman Roar. 100k may be slight exaggeration but I do see that number fairly often outside of burns. Definitely average 75-100k. Adding Jonthan's Mightful Caretaker song to your melody is a huge boost if you don't have it already
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

Slippry, Pirlo and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yeah I skipped over the Wurmslayer part. It is not a great DPS weapon.
  15. Pirlo Augur

LOL Brohg

Thanks for the info
    I'll do some tweaking:cool:
  16. Derd Augur

I'd have to parse again, but the parses I did with Jonathon's vs Warmarch came back with warmarch winning out.
  17. Skalde Elder

On a dummy rk3 jonathon's comes out above warmarch but I would think the 1k attack gain from warmarch helps more on a raid boss but hard to say.
  18. Brohg Augur

are you equipping proc augs, Derd? or plain +dmg ones? Immortal Gem of Stone is both, but before that becomes available, any of Venomous Tear - Siren's Demise - Sigil of Thokk - Blood Draining Spike will out perform plain +dmg augs for bards (and beastlords), both on auto attack and especially comboed with proc rate boosters Fierce Eye or Shm Third Spire or Jonthan or Flurry of Notes, and with crit rate boosters Vesagran or Fierce Eye or Rng Auspice of Hunters

Arcane Ballad on? Suffering is proc-limited requiring refreshes, so frequently folks omit it from parses, but Arcane isn't.

Night's Endless Terror, Jann's Light, Frightful Aura, Mana Infusion, Spirit of Undeath, Dissident Roar, Spider's Bite? All procs
  19. Brohg Augur

quick 10 min check vs 5012 AC dummy, War March 6k dps gain over autoattack, Jonthan ~14k higher than War March. Weapons/Jann/Arcane only, no temporary stuff. 5012 maybe last year's number for raid AC after debuffs? but not a marshmallow
  20. haaaalp Augur

Bards are fine. It sounds like you stink at playing one!
    Cailen and Slippry like this.