New Selos and Mangler Rule Sets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protagonist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Hateseeker Augur

If youre an actual casual guild that is raid capable and not trying to be hardcore and keep up with legit hardcore guilds then it wont matter. Expansions will open and true casual guilds will simply have to decide if they will move on before everyone is done or not. Although if the definition of done is fully equipping every member, even the hardcores wont manage that in 4 weeks. Not unless the lockouts are 24 hours so they can do all raids daily.
  2. Risiko Augur

I think there are a lot of people that wanted to play on Coirnav, but didn't because the experience rate was so bad there. Therefore, I believe the Mangler server could be a big hit honestly. Don't get me wrong though. Selo is going to be a busy server at start for sure.
  3. Trotts Journeyman

Mangler is Truebox, you realize that right? The 10+ raiding guilds on Ragefire aren't going anywhere lol.
  4. Candystore Augur

I dunno, casuals need people to group with and don't tend to have ready-made groups. Selos will be at lvl 70 cap in just a few months, I can't imagine it willl be that easy to keep up.

I remember how hard it was for casuals to keep up with AA in OOW, let alone doing it in 1/3th the time this time.

Trying to raid anything with such short unlocks is going to be insanely taxing on people too.

I imagine the lower level population will disappear very rapidly on Selos, maybe too fast for slower players.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  5. FIsh Lips Augur

I had assumed they'd just clone selos xp and do slower unlocks. Instead they do slowish xp and slow unlocks.

Yeah it's better than Coirnav, but everything else about this server is still a disappointment and a step in the wrong direction. Why do they even bother. It's not ultra casual, it's not hardcore, it's not interesting, it's just another server.
    skattabrainz and Sethiroth like this.
  6. Trevalon Augur

Mass boxing is dead on TLP servers. You guys lost after you destroyed RF/LJ and forced them to implement AOCs and launch subsequent TLPs to fix the mess Boxers created.

Your arrogance on RF/LJ and absolute destruction of EQ in general caused this.

You have no one to blame but yourself
    KevinC and Hirbow like this.
  7. Mashef Augur

Ragefire exp is not slowish exp. But its a flop for 20th anniversary. They did nothing fun.
  8. Mashef Augur

You are aware Ragefire is better than Agnarr right?
  9. Protagonist Tank

Ragefire xp is not remotely slow. Cloning Selo XP with that slow of unlocks would honestly probably be a mistake.
  10. Cezz Journeyman

I guess you guys probably made enough people happy to keep the lights on for a while longer. Thats nice.

But what happened to the DBG that instanced raids when it was said it couldnt be done? Where is the DBG that added server queues overnight when it was, again, said that it couldnt be done?

I dont believe the best *that* DBG could give us is 2 new standard boring ruleset TLP servers. Sounds like a lot of people are happy with this so, cool I guess. But this was supposed to be a big deal 20th anniversary event. Sounds pretty similar to what we got last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...
  11. Trotts Journeyman

The lack of AoC was the problem on Ragefire\LJ. And to the guy flaming 'boxers' it was like 2 people using mage armies in classic and kunark, not 'all boxers'.

It was still a show after MotM was introduced because we didn't have AoC's for the older content and the 3 largest guilds were racing for everything (they didn't even allow boxers in raids btw). It's fine now in DoDh onward so we'll just keep steadily increasing population while all these repetitive TrueBox servers keep dying out and asking for more.

Seriously Ragefire has to be the only TLP increasing it's population nearly 3 years in, think about that.
  12. Trevalon Augur

Good changes to Mangler! I and everyone I know will be there day 1!
  13. Atabishii Elder

With Mangler not having focus effects, there will be almost no point in making a necro/wizard until luclin. Casters already struggle to compete with melee on dmg, losing dot haste/spell haste/improved dmg etc crushes casters while melee aren't receiving any nerfs to compensate.
    Trevalon likes this.
  14. Groans Augur

Very bad i hace no reason to play on either server and i think others feel the same. No Fv loot even though countless members asked for it, slow xp rares with same unlocks. They gave us a nothingburger.
  15. Protagonist Tank

While it's impossible to know from our side, I'd be curious if it's increasing people playing or just increasing accounts.
  16. Almir Elder

Upon further reading, I'll be hitting up Mangler over Selo. Selo is a bit too quick for my lifestyle (got a lot of stuff coming up in the next 6 months) and Mangler being a Ragefire/Lockjaw clone with AOC from the start sounds really nice.
    Harris77 likes this.
  17. DarkIslandia New Member

Thank you DBG!!! Definitely will be rolling a toon on Mangler now. The progression speed and xp rates fit my everbusy life =)
  18. Thexian Journeyman

I agree, its more of the same. I've been on edge since Jan to come back and play but there isn't really anything there different to bring me back. Even with the accelerated XP, there just isn't enough to pull me back. Well, at least I can get my scheduled vacation back!
  19. Ceffener Augur

New 20th content is going on live.
  20. Trevalon Augur

I actually agree with this, it going to make playing casters not nearly as good and frankly raids are gonna be that much tougher (which may not be a bad thing, though despite people saying "everything is simple" some raids are pretty dang tough with MOTM - no Focus effects gonna make it that much harder).

I feel bad for anyone who was going to play a caster. Was gonna do a Necro again I think but now rethinking this because casters are gonna be meh at best.