Casters -vs- Melee/Hybrid/Tank....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saer-tse-tao, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

I am wondering if anyone else feels as if casters are largely ignored when it comes to items, stat bonuses and functionality. It seems as if the only attention paid to caster classes is to:
    1. Reduce a classes effectiveness to "balance" the game
    2. Fix what they did on #1
    3. Or claim #1 did not really happen that way (I have read this 3x on these forums btw)
    I will say the new chase items and their aug potential have been a nice addition to shoot for. Unfortunately other things were ignored. Why would I consider the Tier 2 raid weapon better when it has a lower dmg proc than RoS since the patch "fixed" it?
    Disgruntled enchanter.....
  2. Ninelder Augur

Try being a priest, our best primary is still a group item from TDS.
  3. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

I guess I just do not understand why fixing herioc stats for casters (and Priests) is completely ignored. That could have been one outlet to make new gear matter.

Currently it seems everything cycles on the next 5 levels. Rarely anything new just a rehash of the last 5 spells and the need to ensure your focus items cover the new levels and if you are fortunate enough to raid getting the rank 3 versions.....
  4. Sagarmatha Augur

5. Cadira Augur

I'm curious, what is this primary I don't know about?!
    Pirlo, Ambition and Brohg like this.
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

Steps to make caster itemization feel more impactful:

1) Make Heroic Intelligence/Wisdom add Spell Damage

2) Make Spell Damage not useless.

This game-changing design document has been brought to you by Patch Day (TM).
    Benzarden, Pirlo, Tatanka and 3 others like this.
  7. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Got you are a genius! If only the rest of the EQ community was as thoughtful.

Also, what does QQ mean FFS? ;)
  8. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Also, that parse is amazing.
  9. Wyntyr Journeyman

I'm also interested to know what this primary item is.
    Pirlo, Ambition and Cadira like this.
  10. Cadira Augur

I looked on eqresource at all of the group weapons available to priests in tds and didn't notice anything special stick out.

The only thing remotely unique was a group heal proc for 150hp. Doubt it would even critical for 1k. Can't remember if it was off of detrimental or beneficial spells, but I assume beneficial.
    Pirlo likes this.
  11. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

As a shaman I'm really curious what this is as well. What item did I miss?

I'm using Skywrack because I'm don't think the TBL T3 TS mace is much better and I like the look of the chase.
    PCSS and Pirlo like this.
  12. Ninelder Augur

13. Tucoh Augur

Agree with this. I'm not sure how they would balance it, but it seems really simple to add it in.
  14. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I guess I'm confused.

Aren't Conflagrant and Secret Dawn Censors the upgrade of the Siren's Mace?

Chamberlain's Sap is the dropped group version of the Conflagrant Censor and I don't have a clue what the TBL version is called or if it even exists.

I don't know off the top of my head about the aug but I'm pretty sure the those are what you're looking for as far as one-handers.
  15. sauron3030 Elder

Try being a necro, our best primary is still a item from 2004
    Pirlo and Boze like this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So for Heroic stats, I believe all of these are still accurate. It’s surprisingly hard to find somewhere that has the real numbers of the contributions each Heroic stat adds per point and per plateau value.

Heroic Stamina - Raw HP increase, every 25 is 1 HP Regen Cap. Mod2 contributions go to Shielding and Stun Resist.

Heroic Agility - Raw AC increase, every 25 is 1% Dodge increase. Mod2 contributions go to Avoidance and Strikethrough.

Heroic Dexterity - Increase special killshot attack frequency, every 25 is 1% Parry/Block and Riposte increase. Also every 120 Dex adds 1% Melee Crit rate. Mod2 contributions go to Combat Effects and Accuracy.

Heroic Strength - Raw Endurance increase, every 10 is +1 Damage to the end of Melee attacks, every 25 is 1 End Regen Cap. Mod2 contributions go to Damage Shield/Damage Shield Mitigation.

Heroic Wisdom/Intelligence - Raw Mana increase, every 25 is 1 Mana Regen Cap. Mod2 contributions go to Spell Shielding and DoT Shielding.

———————-

Basically Heroic Dex adds Melee Damage potential in the form of Combat Effects/Accuracy overcap values and Melee critical increase. Also it increases your Defensive potential in the form of Parry/Block chance.

Heroic Agility adds Defensive potential in the form of Avoidance overcap values, Dodge chance increase, and raw AC Avoidance value increase. Also it increases your Melee Damage potential in the form of Strikethrough overcap values.

Heroic Stamina adds Defensive potential in the form of Shielding overcap values.

Heroic Strength adds Melee Damage potential in the form of raw Damage added to each attack.

————————-

Now granted. Some of these are extremely minor in the grand scheme of things like Heroic Strength contribution. Also in some cases due to mob Heroic Strikethrough values these Defensive benefits may not apply.

But the point is Heroic Intelligence and Wisdom don’t increase your Healing or Caster Damage potential at all. Easiest fixes:

Heroic Wisdom - Every Point adds X Healing Amount and Y Clairvoyance. Every 150~ points increase your Critical Heal and Critical HoT rate by 1%. Every 500-1000 points increase your Twinheal rate by 1%.

Heroic Intellgence - Every point adds X Spell Damage and Y Clairvoyance. Every 150~ points increase your Critical Nuke and Critical DoT rate by 1%. Every 500-1000 points increase your Twincast rate by 1%.

Something like this would make it so that Casters and priests who focus in these Heroics can improve their primary role effectiveness. Currently these heroic stats simply allow them to endure slightly longer due to larger mana pools / Mana Regen (the later being absolutely trivial amounts in current gear).
  17. kizant Augur

Having one less thing to upgrade is a good thing. Especially when what you have is already extremely good.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

I was debating that too.. Quiet Queef's? Quest Questions? Quick Quarters?
    I mean I get that FFS is For Franklin (Teek's) Sake.. but ya I'm confused too.

OnTopic:
    I'd agree.. caster items seem uninspiring, but then again, melee and hybrid upgrades are pretty cookie cutter too. I'm guessing its tough to come up with something compelling, but not overpowered.
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  19. Mookus Augur

I am tired of ac.heroic stats, affecting melee/tanks better than if affects casters. Same with hero's vitatlity AAs from progression.

Is there a caster item I should be going for that does more than just increase my total manapool and health a little bit more?
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  20. Cadira Augur

In that case, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128711
    Is better but good luck acquiring it.

I'd argue the stat upgrades and mana return on current weapons are probably the best way to go, making you less of a liability and helping to consume less mana now that we use more with this expat but thas just me.

That group heal will do no more than a drop in the ocean on current tanks hp pools and will mostly land as over healing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.