I'll be on Mangler. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Brunlin Augur

Yea I dont like live. Thats why I play on TLPS or Im playing something modern
  2. Stagentti Augur

If you start late and/or don't keep up you'll be spending a lot of time solo so it's not necessarily horrible advice.
  3. Stagentti Augur

Never understood this logic by people who like Selos.

Don't like Live but want a server that rushes to Live...? Are you just going to quit at that point?
  4. Ceffener Augur

All 3 groups you might be able to find is not a concern? And good luck doing that on FV finding non maxed groups without turning on auto AA for months of grinding.

But yes when someone is boxing crap or their merc is owning mid level zones...they will let someone with no AA or gear in.

Or you are happy being level 100 with no gear or AA and having other people carry you while you do an insignificant amount of DPS and could never Tank. (Hence I said contribute, friends will PL/Carry people).

I mean if it wasn’t a problem at all, we wouldn’t have auto grant AA and heroic characters. Even DBG admits catching up to the top heavy user base, especially AA isn’t going to happen by grinding.

With 1 month unlocks and calling it “casual”, if you left auto AA on...now that would cut out a lot of the grind and at least let people focus on the other aspects of the game.
  5. Sethiroth Augur

You mean there will be 15 people instead of 10?

Jokes aside, if they don’t change it, I hope you’re right, but I doubt it. Not that I’ll get the chance to be proven wrong because I certainly won’t be playing on it.
  6. EEpromm Lorekeeper

The server announcement as it stands caused me to go looking for something else. Was pleasantly surprised to find that LOTRO just fired up progression servers. Enjoying that and will see if the new eq server plans change. If they make them more appealing to me I may play both games. :) Just wish I could use kronos and dbc to pay for my LOTRO account since dbg is now publishing both games.
  7. Helloitsme New Member

From what I heard the EU and asian/aussie community will stay on Coirnav.
  8. Elyani Augur

TLP servers have a lot more people, more active community. You are not going to find a well put together guild that wants to creep through EQ content on live. You are not going to find populated newbie zones on Live.

It's not about rushing through content. It's not about how quickly it will reach live server status. It's not about what expansion it will or will not reach. It's about having people around in the game and, for many of us, experiencing expansions we have not actually seen while they are "current" content. You do not get that on live. The entire "Go play on live then" argument actually makes no sense. Even most boxers are in a guild and whether they box 2 or 6 characters are only playing 1-2 chars for raids. They still socialize, they still get together to do key quests, they still group up with guild mates and friends for an expansion level rush.

Whether people like the fast pace, want boxing allowed, want this or want that - the experience on a TLP is vastly different from anything you'll ever get on live.

The closest you'll ever get to a decently populated newbie zone on a live server is by doing the tutorial on FV. Then, you're on your own. On a live server, it takes me roughly 1 day to PL 6 chars to 90 (for others, it might even be quicker). And that is why you'll never see a populated newbie zone, or, really, any other zone on a live server.

I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand. It's 100pct different. Period. And using this same logic, if you really want to run around through the game in lower level zones without running into a group of boxed characters camping all the good spawns, then go play on LIVE, because you can have any spawn/camp/mob you want, no one is contesting them. :p BUT, you want a different experience, right? You want a populated server with people in newbie zones and other zones and guilds that are crawling through each expansion.

Exactly. We all want the same thing, but we also play differently and experience things differently.
  9. Stagentti Augur

You really could have summarized all that in like...2 paragraphs.

"It's not about what expansion it will or will not reach."

A lot (didn't say majority, just a lot) of people have said they like Selos so they can get to the newer expacs (which you could take to mean Live and has in some instances).

You're concern isn't the expac it ends up at. Clarified. Makes sense.

Didn't need the defensive rant based on things I never said. For instance - I never said "go play live then". Plus all the other BS.
  10. Elyani Augur

Perhaps not, but it's the same damn argument over and over again. Whenever someone mentions Live versus TLP and why people choose TLP over Live - it's basically always pointing in the same direction. You said you never understood it, so I explained it. Then you are upset that I explained it. Can't win. :)

I don't know how to sum things up in a couple of sentences. Sad fact. I hate it more than you do, believe me. I think I am only beaten by Warzone's posts regarding length!
  11. Jadefox Augur

Pay attention to the authors.
    Many are most likely racing.
    So yes, once the race is over, they'll move to the next place - or back home, whatever server that is.

--Jade is allergic to constant left-turns
  12. Thewiz Augur

I will be there.
  13. Brunlin Augur

I see what you did there, I agree with your point some, but I am pointing out that I am not playing on Selos but on Mangler. It doesnt detract from your point but I did want to clarify this, since you quoted me.
  14. Vizier Augur

Emp Crush!
    Ishbu likes this.
  15. Zabshakies New Member

Me, my wife, and even my mom are going to be returning to the game on mangler. Seems like a grindy, miserable time so it should hit the nostalgia just right. Havnt played since GoD so it should be interesting
  16. Smakk Journeyman

No thank you. Slow exp is not for me, throw in massive exp loss after a death, and that seals the deal.
    Barton likes this.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

#Classic
  18. a_librarian Augur

I am really curious where the kronolords and bots will flock to. Mangler is a clear choice because of the classic start, but a potentially lower population and no focus effects will reduce the amount of cash they can extract from the game's pre Luclin eras.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

The easiest pickings are in classic where the group gear is disproportionately strong relative to raid gear. Additionally, krono lords need primarily non-raid players. (Right now selo is very much a hardcore raid server, so these people are more likely to loot their gear than needing to buy inferior group gear.)

And powerlevel sellers obviously need slow exp.

So, my bet is the best krono will be had on a classic TLP and slower exp is better (for them).

That being said, if the population is abysmally low, they will probably go to the higher pop server. At the end of the day, krono lords really just need numbers and they'll find something to sell.
  20. ch0rny Elder

A good few of the asian population, at least China, Malaysia and Singapore, are looking at moving to Mangler. I actually live in China and am in the QQ chat groups for Live, Corinav and Agnarr. 45 of the 59 in the Corinav group have already said they will go to Mangler, and interest has been expressed in the others. Maybe not a mass migration, but enough for a guild in the time-zone.