Phinigel - classes

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sototh, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Sototh New Member

Good day

I reinstalled EQ after a dozen years.
    I think for me it would fit best to play on Phinigel.
    Now I wonder which classes are most sought after, as
    I would like to group and maybe even raid with time.

Would appreciate a short answer.

Thank you
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

3. Silver-Crow Augur

It really depends on what you want to do in the long term Sototh

Raiding guilds always like Clerics, Bards and sometimes shammy/chanters/DPS. Avoid tanking classes as they have a high gear requirement before they're useful. Most guilds are closed to monks too as there's a gazillion of them.

Group game is a different matter, play what you like. Just be aware though that there aren't many pugs outwith guild groups at the moment, so get yourself hooked up as soon as you can and you'll have no problems finding groups.

Check out www.phinnyprogress.com for a list of the current raid guilds, and what classes they have open. To be honest most will welcome you as a 'friends and family' rank while you level up, and work towards a raid spot.

Welcome to Phinny :)
  4. Cydonia Elder

On a separate note, as someone considering coming back and starting fresh on phini:

What are considered the best 2 box + merc setups for levelling to max currently?
  5. Ulain Journeyman

https://phinnyprogress.com/

A list of guilds and their websites, which in turn many list what they currently need. Bsts, Bards, Clerics and Shamen usually top the lists.

For grouping, my experience has been that people aren't too picky, especially since mercs fill in several gaps. The one thing I've learned over the years is to play what YOU want, not what is needed, you'll have more fun that way.

If you're just looking for a guild to hang out in that occasionally raids, <Phoenix Emerging> has some really cool people in it.