Don't change Selos, or maybe even Mangler too

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by zenless, Feb 18, 2019.

1. zenless Journeyman

I get it, everyone didn't get what they wanted. That will never be the case. To many people have different interpretations of how a top server should be.

The way they are laid out, pleanty of people are excited for selos as announced. It will be different, it will be fun.

I even see a lot of people saying Mangler is fine the way it is, that it will be p99-"esque". Lots disagree sure. But it sounds like it even has it's niche.

I know a lot of people want longer unlocks, fv loot or faster experience. Those would be fun iterations for sure.

If you missed all the 3 month unlocks that started at classic, I'm sorry. They were fun and I'm sure there will be more. A lot of people that didn't miss those, would not enjoy 3 month unlocks through the classic Trinity at faster experience. It would mean mind numbing waits for more content.

I for one, would love fv loot, but the added chance for rares and nameds sounds like it will be kinda comparable. Not the same, but fun. I dont raid at all, because I'm a version of "casual". So I'll miss out on those items as opposed to if there was fv loot, but that's ok. It will be fun.

I know we didn't need anymore posts. But I didn't want DBG to think only the squeaky wheels needed greased. Lots of us are happy with what you have planned. Thanks!
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

Super stoked for Selo's as is. I know of at least 6 accounts that wont be coming back if they increase the lockouts to drastically.

I could live with a minor unlock increase, like 6-8 weeks, any longer kills it for me.

I have done the 3+ month thing 3 or is it 4 times now, I am ready for something different.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

What's wrong with Mangler?

[IMG]
    Koshk likes this.
  4. zenless Journeyman

Precisely, something different.
    I could do 6 weeks, but with the added xp rate, I think 1 month will be fine. 2-3 will be detrimental
  5. zenless Journeyman

6. Magic Augur

If Mangler will have FV (free-trade) i will play there with current rules :)

Better exp will be wonderful, but FV is more important for me.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

If any AOC TLP gets FV loot, it will pretty much attract every casual and then some.
  8. snailish Augur

"Lots say Mangler will be fine">>> what forums are you reading?

Selos is the one people are excited about. It just had the mistake of having the label "Ultracasual" put on it.

Mangler as-is appeals to almost no one. It isn't classicist pure enough to realistically tempt P99 players (come pay for something less pure) and that probably isn't a direction to dedicate big resources into anyways.

Mangler without slow XP and death penalty increase in appeal. Mangler with longer unlocks truly becomes the "go slow in the eras" destination. It will still be a small niche server --but at least the niche would be clear and serve a few different player styles.