Little gem found in the Test patch notes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soliman, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Addikeys Elder

It is more likely that you are just guessing and have no idea. And, nope, it will now take dev time to fix the bug or the change will be left as is to the anger of those who it affects directly (ie those after the patch that will lose a chunk of past experience and the loss of future experience for those who may have chosen their race/class due to the bonus). Again, here's the bug thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-02-12-2019-new-bugs-only.254347/page-2#post-3748795
  2. Brohg Augur

As a raid tank, refilling my exp bar is a weekly exercise. I'll be sure to top off Tues so's to stay 110, refill Thu and be off to the races. I hope neither programmers nor developers waste time on something that'll only take an hour or two on the part of players to never be an issue again.
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Addikeys Elder

Regardless of what they (or you) do, it's unnecessary time wasted by every single person involved--players and devs. I cannot fathom why they won't learn from their mistakes and let fricken sleeping dogs lie.
  4. Prepared Lorekeeper

This explains why my warrior and rogue was leveling faster than my other characters. I'm glad they will be fixing this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They removed all of the race/class penalties a long time ago. They stated at the time that they were leaving the bonuses in. I don't know if races/classes which had had penalties suddenly gained XP when that change went in, though I don't remember it being discussed.
  6. Dzarn Developer

7. Addikeys Elder

8. Dewey Augur

The only thing that was stopping me from changing my race to a gnome for tinkering was the xp bonus.

I guess it's time to change.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Silly, totally unrelated question. For the "special" tradeskills (poison, alchemy, tinkering), if you change race/class AWAY, do you keep the tradeskill and skill points? Just curious.
  10. Kinadorm Augur

Why not just make poison crafting, tinkering, and alchemy available to all classes/races? Sort of like how research was opened up to everyone.
  11. Bobokin Augur

What is this, Star Wars Galaxies?