Ranger head shot has ruined the class

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Frisko, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Kolani Augur

Hey Frisko, with all your talking about other people not understanding your statement, it seems that you didn't understand mine. I was asking which TLP you were on to see if you were making a fundamental gearing mistake in using Headshot. As soon as bows with heroic dexterity are available, you need to ditch the traditional "op headshot" bows immediately. Headshot is more powerful and useful than it's ever been right now. If you're not getting headshots frequently, you need to stack more hdex to increase the rate at which it goes off.
  2. Thraine Augur

Well i dont enjoy the nerfing process but one thing i can say is, ive been playing the game since 1998 and i have seen many nerfs, some good some bad.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Considering the headshot change was 5 years ago almost to the date and it is at the best incarnation now I dont see any reason to complain. There was an issue on TLP with certain ranks really sucking but that was addressed recently. Maybe they missed the rank that you are currently on?
  4. callius Journeyman

Nah, the issue was the nerf wasnt present ont he first 4 levels or so, So before TSS HS was still pretty awesome. One of the best ways to XP in Luclin. People moaned, when Phinigel hit TSS that HS sucked now, they realised they hadn't changed the first 4 levels, so they retroactively nerfed them.
    Also remember lower levels do not have the same level cap as live servers, aka 1 below current, So lower levels you can only HS light blue mobs and as such the new like 1% proc rate makes it pointless.
    Never liked using it much, even when it hit all mobs and HOA hit all your mobs, oh joys of massacring spiders in those DoDH missions.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Oh I play ranger alright. My first class back when the game came out and I am still playing one at end game. There is nothing wrong with how headshot works.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Wow, really? The whole world?

Everything you’re saying seems so valid now!
    Belexes likes this.
  7. p2aa Augur

No.
    Andarriel, Belexes and Moldar like this.
  8. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

Wondering if you had some kind of special server access cuz Rallos Zek launched on 03/16/1999. Did you celebrate your 20 years of EverQuest last year? 21 years playing the game you should have the advantage to know that a nerf always limits game play while a buff enhances/improves gameplay.
  9. Fluid Augur

hehe, Walter was the last character I created and it was just so I could reserve the name.

FWIW, I think the first ~50k(?) CD batch was released in March, I snoozed, I lose. I didn't get in until the second batch hit the shelves ~a month later. Let me point out that that means less then nothing. I split my time between characters so even my most played characters only get 1/8 or less the play someone that dedicates their effort into a single class. If someone has played a Shaman or Bard for a year straight, they probably know 10X what I do about the class.

That being said, I did enjoy the way head shot went off before the change. Seemed like it reduced the leveling time by maybe 20% overall so I can see why it had to be changed. It was just too good to live.
    Pirlo likes this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I especially love the 1998 part, for a game that came out in 1999.
  11. skattabrainz Augur

He downloaded it off Steam in 1998
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

What a noob! I DL'd EQ off GOG in '97.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Perhaps the old boy was in alpha and beta? Not that I see how that is important in the 2019, but meh.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We're just being dumb. Stupid troll internet humor ;)
    Tarvas likes this.
  15. KingBIng New Member

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but isin't HS just a bonus? Like obviously it wouldn't be too cool if rangers could just one shot everything that's lower level then them. And each rank only closes the gap in level required to be HSed correct.

*NM I read through some other sites/forms and figured it out!
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I heard weaponshield was gud.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If there were no live servers and only tlp servers eq would be dead.

Andarriel
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Interesting. On live we did a raid earlier tonight where I had to tell all the rangers/rogues/zerkers to do nothing. If your dps is possibly too high for a raid maybe it does too much damage. (no, I'm not asking for a nerf, just providing perspective)
  19. Brohg Augur

Once after RoS release made us 110 we went back to The Kar`Zok event for some achievements for that year's apps, and "oopsed" the boss right to 90ish so we had to restart. It was Headshots & Assassinates.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

For reference when they nerfed ranks 1-4 of Headshot on TLPs they effectively deleted it from the game. It's no longer ever in the use a fast bow state and you can't get enough hDex till like the level 85+ expansions to make it relevant for soloing. Went from like 4-5 PPM to 1 Proc about every 2 mins. You will legit kill things twice as fast by just running up to them and meleeing. It's actually just a waste of AAs which is sad considering it's one of the biggest draws too playing the class and it wasn't even good to begin with.