Compilation of What Casual Players Want

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evade, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Umul Augur

Selo is the casual server Lol.

It checks literally every box on every list except the occasional no truebox and Fv loot. Literally everything everyone cried about for months is on Selo… except that unlock speed..

Selo with a bump to unlocks and Mangler with a bump XP.

Fairest and least amount of work for DBG.
  2. lord_paladine New Member

I'll play along

My idea of casual
    luclin launch (done with classic)
    decent solo xp- number 1 priority, this needs to be in line with live servers for those with limited time
    pop newbie armor quests in at launch
    mercs at launch
  3. Greendav Lorekeeper

Type of player: Casual
    Free trade: Prefer (without krono ;)
    Aoc: YES !!!
    Truebox: YES
    Staring expansion: CLASSIC
    Expansion schedule: 6 months
    Exp rate: x2
    Corpse Retrieval: YES
    Maps enabled: Don't care
    Revamped zones: NO (I understand this is not happening, just voting for my pref)
    Newb armor: don t care
    Focus effect items: don t care
    Soulbinders: Prefered
    More Rare Spawns: YES !!!

More Rare Loot Drops: YES !!!
    Ltldogg likes this.
  4. Pahppa Journeyman

Type of player: CASUAL
    Free trade: Don't care
    Aoc: YES
    Staring expansion: Doesnt matter
    Expansion schedule: 4 months
    Exp rate: As proposed for Selo
    Corpse Retrieval: No
    Maps enabled: Yes
    Revamped zones: Dont Care
    Newb armor: Yes
    Focus effect items: Yes
    Soulbinders: Yes
    More Rare Spawns: YES
    More Rare Loot Drops: YES
    Ltldogg likes this.
  5. Torezz Lorekeeper

Type of player: Completionist
    Free trade: yes
    Heirloom: Yes
    Aoc: Yes
    Truebox: No
    Staring expansion: Kunark
    Expansion schedule: 3 months firm for all
    Exp rate: Live
    Revamped zones: all revamped except bazaar.
    Newb armor: defiant armor enabled except for last 20 levels.
    Focus effect items: yes
    More Rare Spawns: normal spawn rate except special holiday events
    More Rare Loot Drops: standard drop rate
    Shorter or no group lockouts for quests/missions: standard lockouts for current content. Short lockouts for previous content
    Ltldogg likes this.
  6. Crayon123 Augur

Free trade: Yes
    Truebox: Yes
    Staring expansion: Velious
    Expansion schedule: 3 months each
    Exp rate: Agnarr / Selo Rate
    Revamped zones: Don't care
    Newb armor: Don't care
    Focus effect items: Don't care
    More Rare Spawns: Yes
    More Rare Loot Drops: Yes
    Ltldogg likes this.
  7. topple good idea generator

Thank you for compiling this information. I think what the community wants is fairly clear. There is a little variety due to everyone having their own taste but I think the important takeaways are:

- Classic or Kunark start - this is a TLP and a large portion of the TLP player-base appears to enjoy this content.

- Selo exp - I don't know if DBG realizes that people will buy exp pots no matter the experience rate on the server just to be as efficient as possible with their time. If the experience is slow then I'm only buying pots to level one character on the server, my main. If the experience is reasonable or fast, I'm buying pots for my main and will level multiple alts, each with pots to once again be efficient with my time. Additionally a fast experience rate on the server makes it much more likely that people will be inclined to join the server as time goes if them leveling alone isn't too terrible. This really is a win-win for the players and DBG as I see it.

- FV loot - I personally am for this but the responses from the players the past few days appear to be 50/50 so DBG can do what they want.

The question is if DBG is willing to make these changes. Let's hope they are willing to bring mangler or Selos to a place that people are happy with so we can have two successful launches and EQ lives another day.
  8. Crayon123 Augur

Evade, as a side note, if you have any experience with Google Docs or any of those sites that can generate Pie Charts... it would be interesting to see the data here compiled into a visual form and visible to the Devs and community.
  9. James Fumble New Member

Type of player: CASUAL (with focus on raiding)
    Free trade: YES
    AoC: YES
    Truebox: NO
    Staring expansion: Classic or Luclin
    Expansion schedule: 2-3 months for the big ones, 1 for the smaller
    Maps enabled: YES
    Revamped zones: --
    Newb armor: --
    Focus effect items: --
    Soulbinders: YES
    Mercs enabled at server launch: YES
    Easier raids with max 24 characters needed: YES
  10. Nazzu New Member

Type of player: Casual, hope to raid in era
    Heirloom: Yes
    Picks: Yes
    AOC: Yes
    Staring expansion: Kunark
    Expansion schedule: 2-3 months
    XP rate: Agnarr or better
    More Rare Spawns/More Rare Loot Drops: Yes/No or No/Yes (all for more loot, but would rather not go too extreme. Not a deal breaker at all though).
    Ltldogg likes this.
  11. Garwin Lorekeeper

Free trade: Hell no
    Staring expansion: Classic
    Expansion schedule: 3 months each
    Exp rate: Agnarr
    More Rare Spawns: Don't care
    More Rare Loot Drops: Don't care
    Ltldogg likes this.
  12. ShivanAngel Augur

Can I just say....

Selo's as is, dont change it?
  13. Liliun New Member

Type of Player: Casual
    Free Trade: Don't care
    AoC: Sure
    Start: Original preferred, but okay with kunark
    Expansion schedule: 12-16 week unlocks
    Exp: Just not stupid slow
    Corpse Retrieval: Don't care
    Maps: Yes
    Revamped zones: Sure
    Newb Armor: Don't care
    Focus items: Don't care
    More rare spawns: Yes
    More Rare loot drops: Don't care
  14. MarttinPH Augur

Me

Truebox: Hell No
    Staring expansion: Luclin
    Expansion schedule: One Month to Six Weeks
    Exp rate: Faster the better
    Maps enabled: This isn't an option
    Revamped zones: This isn't an option
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Just a quick look at your posting history it looks like you’re pretty hardcore dedicating tons of time to EQ. This thread is for casuals who only play a few hours per week. If im wrong then I apologize.
  16. Tymeless Augur

Free trade: Prefer it but not a deal breaker if I don't get it.
    Staring expansion: KUNARK
    Expansion schedule: 3 months for most expansions. 4 months PoP, 1 month LoY, 2 months DoN etc.
    Maps enabled: YES
    Revamped zones: NO but not a deal breaker
    Newb armor: NO
    Focus effect items: leave them as is unless you are going to balance things for casters in other ways.
    More Key drops to get rid of the tedious grind of keying for zones. There is no reason on a casual server to artificially block access to raid zones especially with AoC's. Hell if you remove keying components I'd be fine with 2 month or 2.5 month expansion unlocks.

additional note. Wouldn't mind them finding a way to introduce a way to have all classes and races available on launch of all tlp's create a city similiar to PoK that has access to all the newbie area's but you can't return to it after character creation. This would allow for people that will only play bezerkers or beastlords the ability to join in the fun of the launch of tlps.
  17. MarttinPH Augur

Well, everyone has different definitions of casual. In the last week I have made an inordinate amount of posts, but I have only played about 2 hours on Monday. I consider myself a casual player, and I believe that is all that is required.

I am glad that daybreak games doesn't have the same mentality as you. Otherwise I could only imagine a set of questions to answer "correctly" to your definition of casual or not be able to play on the casual server might be in order. I also missed in the first post any mention that only "casual people" can share their opinions.

I should notify the people play on Firiona Vie that they better be roleplaying or that server isn't for them.

They should also make sure that people that play on the hardcore servers login no less than 30 hours of week, and raid with the tenacity of requiring a pee jug are the only ones allowed to play on that server. Players that don't maintain that level of play will receive two warnings than barred from the server. Casual servers are for people that play for 10-15 minutes while waiting for their muffins to get out of the oven. You login more than an hour of day, your character gets perma-deleted.

My only guess is that you don't agree with my opinion and when through the trouble to go through my recent post history to validate any weird preconceived notions to negate my opinion. I noticed that you didn't take the same tenacity to look through others post history to confirm or deny if they are casual players based on either post count or content of prior posts.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  18. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Anyone can review your posts and see you are clearly more than a simple casual player. It’s not your post count, it’s the content in your posts that lead me to believe you’re hardcore player. If that’s the case then your opinion is not welcome here as this is strictly a compilation of what casual players want. You are more than welcome to make a compilation of what hardcore players want and I won’t inlude my 2 cents there. Also Selo is almost exactly what you want already so I’m at a loss as to why you’re here.

My guess is you don’t want casuals to get a server cause you know if we got one, most players would roll there (since casuals make up a majority of the player base) if casuals went to the casual server, that would only leave a small population of hardcore players on Selo. What’s the point of phat loot if you can’t show it off to a bunch of casual players? Am I right?

Again maybe you are just a casual player and if that’s the case, I’m sorry for misjudging you
  19. Tymeless Augur

What's the point in camping mobs and things if you can't have an economy of casuals to sell to. The hardcore are going to have the time to go out and fight each other over the loot that drops for themselves but then when they get extra's they will have noone to sell it to.
  20. BlargBlargBlarg New Member

This exactly.

Me:

Free trade: Don't care
    Aoc: Don't care
    Truebox: Don't care
    Staring expansion: CLASSIC
    Expansion schedule: 2 MONTHS PER EXPANSION
    Exp rate: ANYTHING FASTER THAN COIRNAV
    Corpse Retrieval: Don't care
    Maps enabled: Don't care
    Revamped zones: Don't care
    Soulbinders: Don't care
    More Rare Spawns: Don't care
    More Rare Loot Drops: Don't care

All I want is a decent xp rate, slower expansion unlocks, and to start in classic. I literally do not care about anything else. And if one more person tells me "yeah, you THINK you want slow unlocks until you're playing on the server" I'm going to lose it. Don't tell me what I want. I want to enjoy classic, and I want to enjoy every expansion afterwards. I will not get bored.
    Evade likes this.