A week and a half to come to a decision about these servers? Good grief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Feb 15, 2019.

1. hoovadalewt Elder

Yeah, snark aside, I do agree that the vote should have been limited to the server in question.

But, in that vote, I personally was playing that server and voted 6 and it felt pretty to to have my voice overruled like that. But, that's a different gripe for a different thread.

I do stand by that if the vote had gone just to the TLPs though that the result probably would have been the same, but we will never know so it's just a feeling. The louder voices wanting otherwise seemed to always be the raid bros and burnouts... Most casuals aren't even active on forums.
  2. hoovadalewt Elder

Losing hardcore levelers for a month while the next unlock arrives is better than losing casuals for good because they feel that they can't keep up/ get ready for the next unlock in time. Raid bros and hard levelers just tend to be louder on the forums etc. Casuals tend to to just leave.

4 months is optimal overall, from what I see.

But, I would compromise with 3 and not too loudly. I have a feeling asking for anything but 3 would realistically be a waste of breath anyhow, because DBG really only gives a about the loud raiders. So, I state a preference but get that a 3 month is acceptable.
    Torezz likes this.
  3. Nicolos Journeyman

I like the exp rate for Selos but would love to see a FV ruleset added. Also, I like the quick unlocks and prefer the 4-6 week option but would prefer a Velious start (EQ trilogy) that lasts initially longer then roll into the 4-6 unlocks.
    ForumBoss and Crayon123 like this.
  4. Jezzie Augur

I voted for the longer unlocks and it certainly wasn't by accidentally clicking on the top option.
    What happened was the server became a ghost town towards the end of the expansion. The tunnel was empty. Even though longer unlocks won the vote it seemed that there were more people waiting for the next expansion to unlock than people actually playing.
    Grouping dropped off and it was mostly a few of us soloing. It was a relief when the next expansion dropped just to see people on the server again.
  5. Lankie Augur

Maybe people didn't get bored, they just decided with 1 month left it wasn't worth completing anything that would be pointless next expansion.

So for example a 6 month unlock, people stop playing around month 5. 3 month unlock, people stop playing around month 2.

Hardcore raiders are never 'done' with raid gear, it takes like 1+ years to get fully geared out. They stop playing because the effort they put in will be soon a waste of time.

Why spend time grinding that raid gear when next expansion trash mobs drop an upgrade?

With 1 month unlock, the best option is to never play at all. Just keep waiting for next expansion...
  6. Iyacc Augur

This is somewhat how Agnarr was although probably not the extent. With AoC people don't realize how quick you can gear a reasonably sized raid force to be capable of hitting the next level of content. That last 3 to 4 weeks of each expansion was rough on the ones who wanted to keep going at the same pace if you lost a couple clerics and warriors and had to find alternate things to do or just cancel activities altogether.

This probably doesn't hit the people who don't raid consistently as hard, I get that. It still has an impact though all across the server and each expansion a small percentage of people just don't come back. You are basically hoping that new accounts can keep up with the leak and on Agnarr it didn't seem to.
  7. KPW99 Lorekeeper

I vote for 24 hour unlocks after content is beat
  8. Hawer Lorekeeper

Agree with this. I'm on the 2 month side, but the best server is one the most people will stick with, so 3 months seems fair to me.
    hoovadalewt likes this.
  9. Weebles Augur

I was replying to one person specifically who in this same thread has stated preferences as I mentioned. And I have seen several people across various forum posts requesting 6 month lockouts (or at minimum, arguing that 6 month lockouts are fine). Sorry that my statement of fact triggered you.
  10. Garwin Lorekeeper

Just in case this is actually being used for anything -

Type of player: Casual
    Free trade: Hell no
    Picks: Yes
    Aoc: Yes
    Truebox: Yes
    Staring expansion: Classic
    Expansion schedule: 12 weeks
    Exp rate: Agnarr
    Corpse Retrieval: No
    Maps enabled: Yes
    Focus effect items: Yes
    Soulbinders: Yes
    More Rare Spawns: Yes
    More Rare Loot Drops: No
    Ltldogg likes this.
  11. hoovadalewt Elder

1 guy then, like I said, because I don't believe a word you say just on your word after your attempts to troll here.

Like I say, the opinion of 1 is meaningless in a discussion like this. 2-4 month is by far the vast majority, so 3 is the optimum, like I also said.

You blathering on about 6 months to try and get a rise out of people is just worthless white noise.
    Templeton likes this.
  12. Sethiroth Augur

Well there’s definitely a theme there - longer unlocks. Nearly everyone who considers themselves casual want longer than 1 month unlocks. Personally I want 3 month unlocks on selos. I’d settle for 2 months, and I think anything longer than 4 months is too long.
  13. Crayon123 Augur

DKP
    Attendance %
    Hang out with your friends
    Help gear your guildies
    Hopefully you're having fun?
  14. Sethiroth Augur

This is Not really accurate though is it? Hardcore raiders want to be the best geared they can be in order to give them a head start in the next expansion. The better geared they are the easier it is to get the loot wagon rolling again in the next expansions raids. This is especially true of all the earlier expansions where the raid gear from the last expansion is generally much better than gear gained from grouping as you level.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't see it as voting more as a questionnaire to gain information as to what people want. Most questionnaires have a comments section or more information section.

The players are adding things at are important to them, that the frirst guy didn't think of or was concerned about
  16. Weebles Augur

I’m advocating against 6 month lockouts because they are a death sentence, and have been mentioned here and elsewhere (literally in this thread, if only for a portion of the server). You clearly agree, so why are you arguing with me, and why are you so upset about it?
  17. vazaelle_newb New Member

I'm going to just call myself a "Limited Player." Of course I would love to be max level, max AA's, BIS gear etc, but I know that with the time that I have to play this game, outside of my responsibilities as a husband/father/employee etc, is extremely limited. I can really only devote 10-15 hours per week at my absolute best. This is why I would call myself a Limited Player rather than Casual or Hardcore etc. I think this is an important distinction that should probably be made. While I would love to hammer out 15 hour grinding sessions again, life just won't allow that anymore. Any server that gives greatly increased xp rate is a win for me and people like myself.
  18. Nolrog Augur

I wish they would post the changes in rules so we can start complaining about them already.
    Sethiroth and chumpy like this.
  19. Templeton Augur

Just cause something is mentioned on the internet, it doesn't make it true. especially when it is mentioned by the same old TLP burnouts and raiders that clearly hate playing through classic and just want to get it out of the way asap and screw the casuals.

Why aren't you paying attention to the rebuttels?

And, dude, constantly claiming the other guy is 'triggered' or 'upset' is trash tier level debate. No one can take you seriously while you carry on with those troll tricks. stop it.
  20. Templeton Augur

This we are in agreement on.

This stretching out the decision is just creating more bad feeling across the board.