How many people want 2 month unlocks on Selo?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bolten_DA, Feb 12, 2019.

1. TLP Addict Augur

6 week unlocks...

[IMG]
    Haeldar, FubarEQ, Thalliius and 2 others like this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Unlock it all.

#FreeTheExpo
  3. Brunlin Augur

I have posted earlier on this thread but since than my thought process on this has completely changed. I would now love to see 8 week unlocks but i think 6 weeks would be a great compromise.

If they added 2 weeks to everything on how it unlocks now, we would start in SOL and have 8 weeks until POP and than through POP, LOY, and LDON we would have 4 and half months, afterwards it would be close to 45 (42 aprox)day unlocks instead of the normal 90 which is still twice as fast.

We would have a small delay bubble through start and POP but that would allow a casual raiding guild to do a lot of the classic and expacs before we move out of pop and continue at a very fast pace.
    Hawer likes this.
  4. yerm Augur

Nobody should be forced to compromise. If you want a slower server go yammer about mangler.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

If this was a single player game, sure no need to compromise. It is not, so yes a compromise is a good idea
  6. TimeBreak Elder

I've actually felt the same, but due to the 3 people so actively against any change I've felt I had to stick to the 2 month compromise. I still think 8 weeks is perfect, but any adjustment to the 1 month is still better.
    Brunlin likes this.
  7. Thalliius Augur

I was being more sarcastic in a feeble attempt to be a comedian

I’ve actually been making a conscious effort to try and be less of an A-Hole in my posts after some of the heated TLP exchanges
  8. Stapes New Member

As a casual (adult with a job, kids, and limited playtime), there is no way I could ever keep up with one month unlocks. As it stands, this server is a non-starter for me solely due to its unlock schedule. Agnarr was perfect for for casuals like me as we were able to get max level at our own speed then spend our playtime raiding with a guild or hanging out with the friends we made not worrying about sacrificing sleep and real life relationships just to keep up with them. The obvious downside of Agnarr however is that it is permanently locked in PoP. Everquest is the game I grew up playing and my favorite game of all time. As someone that never got to see much beyond PoP, I was really hoping that the new "ultra-casual" server would be something that actually let casual players like me experience all of the content EQ has to offer including raiding without having to put in tons of hours each week. To cater to casuals like me, they need to make the server unlocks at least 3 months. I understand that hardcore players that rush to max level the first week would likely get bored with 3 month unlocks but this server wasn't supposed to be for hardcore players anyways.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  9. Sethiroth Augur

Exactly this.
  10. malaki Augur

The compromise is that there's 2 separate servers already.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

I respect your opinion mine is that Mangler is a joke so no 2 servers is not a compromise.
  12. malaki Augur

So it's better to have to change 2 servers dramatically rather than 1 because of some arbitrary label that was placed on it?
  13. Ltldogg Augur

To me, Selos is not a casual server. I want a real casual server that starts on either Classic or Kunark with 3-4 months between expansion unlocks.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

Changing 1 month unlocks to 2 month unlocks is not dramatic change imo
  15. malaki Augur

Plenty of people disagree with this and think the unlock timer is the single most important aspect of these new tlps.
    Renshu and Thalliius like this.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

Well plenty of others also want 2 month unlocks so I guess we will see what the Devs decide
    Sethiroth likes this.
  17. Sethiroth Augur

And then you have the people who the server was actually supposed to be designed for completely disagreeing because the timer is the only terrible decision with this rule set.

At the end of the day, daybreak are slapping the face of probably around 50% of their playerbase by not changing the timer to something that’s actually fits the bill of casual.

If they leave the casual server in this state and the hard core players take it over, then no one will trust this company again

A company can’t get away with promising things, then not delivering.
    Barton likes this.
  18. malaki Augur

so change the unlock on mangler to 2 months and up the xp on it or whatever. people actually like the selos ruleset. people all asking for 50 different things seems like it just leads to both servers being awful instead of just 1.
  19. KPW99 Lorekeeper

Literally double
    Mestops12 and malaki like this.
  20. ShivanAngel Augur

I would be just fine with 6 weeks, 2 months is pushing it but I would still play.

Any longer then that and im wouldnt come back. I have done the 3 month unlock thing ad nauseum, time for somethin new!
    Renshu and chumpy like this.