A week and a half to come to a decision about these servers? Good grief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Templeton Augur

Honestly, and yeah I am ready for the "entitled noob" and "nobody owes you squat" and all those other predictable responses as people white knight and run cover for DBG, how can it take this long to have a cup of coffee, go through the responses, have a chat, and make a decision and post it?

I suspect that it's more to do with whether they should swallow pride and admit they got it wrong than what model server to offer.

I just don't get what's to be gained by stretching it out like this... It's just making the decision making process out there look even more awkward and ineffectual.

Just keep selo as it is and make Mangler a faster xp/ normal drop 3-4 month unlock server, or keep Mangler as it is and make it F2P with boosted xp from a sub to mitigate the slower xp to bring the pop up (plenty will come to a F2P server for a fresh start, no matter the xp rate, even just to try it).

The choices are honestly that simple. A 15 minute chat should be enough to nail it.
  2. Dilf Augur

Good grief bro, we need to keep adding more threads to this forum until they give us what we want!
  3. Templeton Augur

You know the best way to stop them? Make a decision and change the topic.
  4. Ceffener Augur

What level of management has to approve the change? That heavily changes how long things can take in corporate world.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. Templeton Augur

Who even cares, tbh? Get them on skype and get on with it. These servers represent a decent chunk of new revenue for DBG.
  6. Bolten_DA Augur

Everyone including Daybreak is frustrated. I'm sure we will have something in stone by the end of Monday.
  7. Ceffener Augur

Let me just tell me call up my management chain 3 levels, tell them to get their on Skype because people on the forums think the idea they approved (possibly even came up with) is stupid.

Yeah...peons at the bottom do enjoy getting paid.

Honestly, how often do you directly tell your boss or bosses boss they are an idiot? Might think it daily, but saying it takes time and careful planning.
    Chatoyan, andross77, Elskidor and 2 others like this.
  8. Torezz Lorekeeper

I think if its this hard for a company to figure out how to make corrections, it means they didn't know what they were doing in the first place, therefore no idea what went wrong, and still yet have no idea what they could do to make it better.

Yet for the past 5 years we've been spelling it out for them.

I'll give you a hand Daybreak- The first place you went wrong was deciding for yourselves what the servers should be. You can fix this by casting a vote. RIGHT NOW.

This is the best, and only proper course of action.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

It has been 3 whole days since they made the announcement. The community responded and they are taking note. You cant even play in any of the servers they spin up for another month so slow your roll. Its better they take note of things that the community wants and can implement before launch than to just rush things and have even more community outcry. There will always be some that are displeased with anything they come up with but if they can at least target the masses I would consider that a win. There really is no rush for a response considering you are still going to have to wait to play on the darn servers.
    snailish and Grogak like this.
  10. Torezz Lorekeeper

And a proper vote process would be each and every rule in its own vote.

Free trade, yes or no?
    Aoc: Yes or No?
    Truebox: Yes or no?
    Staring expansion: A: classic, B: Kunark, C: Velious, D: Luclin.
    Expansion schedule: A: 1 month, B: 2 months, c: 3 months, d, 4 months, e: 6 months.
    Exp rate: A: like Live, b: like Agnarr, C. like phinny, D: like Ragefire, E: like Test
    plus anything else people have been asking for in the chats.

Add it ALL and we'll make a vote on each of these individually. With that nobody could say who the unheard majority and minority is. It would be clear as day in a fair vote and nobody could dispute daybreak for that since its our voice.
  11. Templeton Augur

Yeah, I think this is maybe the core of it.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We would prefer not to make a hasty decision that's not best. Definitely understand everyone wanting to know asap, though.
    SweetLaxTho, Jezzie, snailish and 3 others like this.
  13. Torezz Lorekeeper

Well Mepps, Daybreak could do no wrong by putting up a vote for this. A good vote would only help speed up your discussions as to what to do.
    Brunlin likes this.
  14. Bolten_DA Augur

This is a polite way of saying shut the #$12@! up. The update is coming next week so lets keep our pants on.
    Tankz likes this.
  15. a_librarian Augur

A vote would be such a huge hilarious mess, dear lord
    Iyacc, snailish, Grogak and 1 other person like this.
  16. Templeton Augur

Fair comment, and I appreciate the clear response, but there is not making a hasty decision, and then a week and a half to make a 15-30min decision...

The customer opinions are clear, the viable decisions to move forward are pretty limited. Pull that pin and let's change the topic of conversation :p
  17. a_librarian Augur

Nope
    Grogak likes this.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think it is fair to say there are a lot of different opinions and a lot of different options. We want to consider them all. Also, votes can be useful, but especially for controversial topics can be gamed if we're not super careful.
    SweetLaxTho, Kywen, ch0rny and 9 others like this.
  19. Master Kahleem Augur

Formatted, and removed the exp rate vote option. A LOT of people really REALLY like the Selos exp as is, but maybe do something like a vote for Mangler? Dunno
  20. Templeton Augur

They are to me. I have heard and understand the spectrum of opinions. They aren't all reasonable or viable, but they are def clear.

No server will make everyone happy, but the compromise server set up would look like the one in the OP.

TBH, it's hard to think what else they could offer without 1) pissing off the raid bros that have already emotionally invested in the idea of Selo, and 2) not having Mangler as a dead server because of super slow xp.