TEST needs a reset please

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bobokatt07, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

All instances, GH's etc are not working. Thanks
  2. xxGriff Augur

I had hoped (assumed) Test would get a bounce when the "locked" issue was resolved (yesterday) but , we again have a weekend with NO instances, no GH's. This issue of instances becoming unusable @ 7 days up time is a significant negative on the game.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

I 100% disagree, I don't mind because it's happening on TEST, and not LIVE. Test is supposed to be buggy when the Devs test things so Live is less buggy when they want to experiment or roll out patches.

Your problems on TEST (which is free) means fewer problems for the overwhelming majority of players on the real servers. The "cost" of test server's "All Access" feature set & Veteran Rewards are the random bugs that might occur as the Devs try things out before going live. Play on the Live servers if you want to avoid the issues like this?
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

Except its not a random bug or issue like that. This is an on-going issue of 2+ years. And as more and more content gets instance - aka smoke trials - it becomes a nightmare. If it becomes unplayable people wont test bugs for much longer. And its approaching unplayable with no instances for 2 weeks out of 4.

Simply put it's not a bug but a hardware/memory issue that haven't fixed. Live has the hardware to power thru it test does not. But sure I'm sure if people like myself who bought 6 expansions this past week for TBL all quit, that would help keep the live servers running also....
    xxGriff and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. So Happy Augur

All this issue does is stop people from testing anything instance related. It has nothing to do with Live or whats sent to live. You are usually pretty logical Kermit but in this case you are ignorant of the situation. It has been going on for as long as I've played on test. No matter what build or patch they add, instances start getting wonky at the 6-8 day mark and quickly become broken. It has something to do with Test server and is not applicable to live in any way shape or form. A server reset fixes it for another 6 to 8 days and so on.
  6. Drathese New Member

I personally would be satisfied with a weekly reset into the programming, reboot regularly on a particularly slow time (Sunday night overnight for example) That would most certainly alleviate the issues of instances not working. It will not fix the problem, I get that, but it will more readily ensure that instances work almost religiously till the next 7th day reboot.
    xxGriff and So Happy like this.
  7. So Happy Augur

A weekly reboot has been asked for several times but ignored by the Dev staff. I like your idea of automating it. Maybe someone who counts will see this and follow up.
  8. Floppykick New Member

Again let me start by thanking all you wonderful folks who keep this game up and running for us!!! I would also like to say that I completely agree with all these comments...the consistent downtime of the instances on test does impact the ability to fully test the game and help fix things for our great game! I know it would take a lot of resources to find the problem and fix it completely and I am sure you all are looking into that as well...but in the mean time is there anyway we can get an automated reset after 7ish days uptime? I know this is just a bandaid but this would def make the test community very happy. Thanks again for your continued hard work and support of the greatest game on the planet!!! Keep up the great work and have a wonderful day my friends!!! :)
  9. So Happy Augur

You are always so nice Floppy, in game and on the board. I wish I had your patience and could emulate your attitude.
  10. xxGriff Augur

So, any news on this issue? The community would appreciate some feedback, and as Floppy said, Thank you for all your work and efforts! we just would like some remedy for instances going unusable post 7 days up time.

(<-- notice the All Access? I dont expect anything for "free". I pay because i am more than happy to subscribe and pay for a game i enjoy. I simply enjoy the community on Test, and have no desire to play on any live server.)
    Xsidios, So Happy and Floppykick like this.
  11. Kompacte_of_Test Journeyman

Agree completely with Floppy, Drat & Griff...while I am not all access, I purchase expansions and spend more in the marketplace than I can tell my wife about! The popular talking point that Test players are freeloaders is wildly incorrect...most of us have paid for multiple expansions and many, many (like Griff) are all access. We just prefer the community on Test, have made friends there, and invested our time and money into the server. We spend money on kronos on Firiona Vie to buy gear to copy to Test, and understand that part of the experience is going to be dealing with and helping resolve bugs. As Vaeeldar said, this is a regular occurrence & is not some random bug that can be fixed and forgotten. I support the call for a regular, automated reset, if such a thing is possible. And as the others have said, we appreciate your hard work on the behalf of this game that most of us have been playing for 20 years now, and want to do everything we can to make Test, and the rest of EQ, as great an experience as it has been for us! :D
    xxGriff and So Happy like this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

What he said
    xxGriff and Kompacte_of_Test like this.
  13. So Happy Augur

Even I purchased RoS on 4 accounts. When DB gets around to opening RoS up for my others, I'll likely purchase TBL on a couple accounts. The argument that Test players are freeloaders is ridiculous.
  14. KermittheFroglok Augur

Who has made the argument that Test players are "freeloaders"? The main point or viewpoint I have is that Test exists as a feedback tool to Developers and shouldn't be used to evaluate the game as a whole. Since it's a feedback tool for the Devs I think it's fair to think they should be allowed to prioritize reboots/maintenance on Test relative to their competing priorities or needs.

Live should be the focus, if they want patch feedback then it makes sense to try rebooting Test more, but I think Devs should be the ones determining whether or not Test's state is impacting the quality/quantity of feedback enough to merit prioritizing the fix. We don't know their budgets or resource constraints.

At the end of the day I agree Test plays a very important role, I just don't think it's fair for us to be critical of the Devs with regards to a tool that's designed to help them help us. I don't mind that Test has known issues as long as Live continues to be maintained and stable. Again, test isn't a paid feature, it's a free opportunity meant help the Devs.
  15. So Happy Augur

It was mentioned as a talking point in kompacte's post, I was mostly just agreeing with the sentiment.
  16. xxGriff Augur

I think you miss the point and have veered on into a tangent. there is no us vs them, or Live vs Test. The fact is Test has a unique and loyal player pool. Many do split their time between Live and Test, and some play solely on Test.

the issue at hand and being raised to open a dialog about possible solutions is that after 7 days up time Test instances do not work. this is and has been an issue for years, and we would like to have it addressed. Either thru remedy on the back end, or a scheduled weekly restart, as the 7 day timer is when this issues arises.

No one has demanded, or thrown a tantrum, we have always sought to discuss and work with the Devs and DBG to find a solution that is amenable to us all. We are here to assist in testing and working with the Devs (who imo are and have been attentive and take notice of our feedback and reporting, quickly so Live is not impacted adversely). it is not an unreasonable request to have the same stability with instances regardless of up time just as Live servers do. this is not an either/or proposition. it is a community simply asking for a remedy to an issue that makes things difficult to constantly work around. instances are integral to the game, and have been for a considerable time.

We would like to find a solution, and implement that solution to resolve an inability to access instanced zones, missions, raids etc, etc. once the server has reached (exceeded) 7 days up time.

BTW, I am only relaying the common feeling from the Test community as I have gleaned thru my discussions with fellow denizens, and if any Test players want to add to or, augment, please do so :)