DBG afraid to compete with P99?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dmccollum, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Templeton Augur

Just you guess then? ok

But, what you are counting are characters anyhow, not players
  2. Templeton Augur

yeah, I snip sarcastic white noise. Sos
  3. Templeton Augur

Look, P99 are unique player accounts, even FVs numbers are super inflated by boxed accounts. Are you guys really going to debate that FV has a higher player pop than P99?
  4. Stagentti Augur

Are you really going to keep acting like DBG will pull in a massive amount of people to PAY for a server they currently get for free?
  5. Tankz Lorekeeper

Tried that argument.. He thinks its possible.. I would suggest not giving the troll anymore food =)
  6. Ceffener Augur

Yes
  7. Templeton Augur

Yes, I have answered this already. Please try to not ask redundant questions
  8. Templeton Augur

Even by your own figures of boxed accounts, you are clearly going to lose. If you had a reasonable answer to my point you would have posted more than a stubborn yes.
  9. Ceffener Augur

What exactly am I going to lose? No one has published sub counts, you want to say P99 has more, I say FV has more. Wooo
    Tankz likes this.
  10. Templeton Augur

dude, you offered up some what you claimed were stats before of characters in the world on FV and used them as a base to try to extrapolate server numbers. They have only stopped being used by you because I pointed out that they are character numbers, not player numbers, while the P99 stats are player numbers, and so you are now acting like they don't matter.

I am using your own 'stats' lol.

Like I say, you are just being stubborn and switching positions now to save face, rather than just admit I have made a good point.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Why do I care about player number. $ number is the one that matters.

P99 has 0 paying players.

And still think there are more “players” on FV.
  12. Templeton Augur

lol, now you switch positions again, rather than just admit I have made a good point, like an adult would.

Look, you obviously care, because you chimed in (which I bet you regret at this point)

The whole point of me talking about P99 is to talk about potential customer that are being currently lost due to not selling them a server that most would pay for. The point is that simple. it's you guys that started to get into the weeds about FV etc. The fact is that P99 has 1600-2000 concurrent players on average that are being missed by DBG. These players are typically older and have disposable income, but play P99 simply because they don't like RMT in their faces all day and boxing. DBG are missing out on a ton of cash each month because they refuse to serve that player base.

That 1600-2000 concurrent probably gives P99 an active player base of 10k, btw, and that is probably being conservative.
  13. Stagentti Augur

Why would hundreds of people pay to play on a server that they currently play on for free?

You think it's worthwhile for DBG to undo all the QoL stuff to mimic p99?
  14. Ceffener Augur

Or the fact that TLP is not a recreation of EQ classic that requires a complete rewrite of things that the P99 people have been working on for years. But yeah, it’s just Krono.
  15. Greendav Lorekeeper

Up for a P99 project (with aoc=)

I will probably stay on tha
  16. Greendav Lorekeeper

Up for a P99 project (with aoc=)

I will probably stay on that kind of server for several years !
  17. Kbotic New Member

There are a lot of people on p1999 that would make the switch for various, but very significant, reasons:

P1999 end game is bloated with something like 6 ToV raid guilds.
    Corruption, supposed or real, among the devs.
    Looking for a faster exp rate, it only but a little.
    Some QoL changes. A number of people are in love with classic/kunark/velious but not so much everything else from those eras.

However, krono and being able to buy exp/regen potions are a massive turn off to that crowd and I can't see Daybreak breaking with either as well as competing with p1999 (whoops!). So I don't see it happening.
  18. Stagentti Augur

Most would pay for? Typically older? Have disposable income? Only play p99 cause they don't like RMT and boxing?

Any data to back that up?

Or is that just your opinion without hard data...?

Kinda like his opinion FV has more players without having the hard data to back it up. But let me guess - totally fine for your argument.
    Tankz likes this.
  19. Templeton Augur

I get that you wanna white knight for him Vs the nasty P99 guy, but it's not the same thing dude. You can see that, right? I mean, assuming that you aren't just a sock puppet account of his. Not sure.

Look, I fully admit that i am bringing just anecdotal evidence to this, except for the impressive P99 server stat numbers, but that anecdotal evidence does come from overwhelming personal experiences in the community over 10 years. Now... You are free to disregard that, I don't mind, but it is what what it is. But, the only reason to disregard it would be out of some stubborn refusal to admit that there is a market for a non krono server though.... Not sure why anyone but RMTers are emotionally invested enough to do that.

But, yeah, DBG is missing out on a pile of potential players because they don't offer a no box no krono server.

even outside of the active P99 players, so many resting P99 players and ex P99 players want a fresh start classic server that it isn't even funny. If DBG got it right and looked past short term greed, they would have a hit on their hands
  20. Templeton Augur

Let me emphasis the difference between what Ceffener did and what i did, to remove confusion.

Ceff used active character numbers in world to try and extrapolate FV's pop.

I used hard figures as given by P99 (they still have player numbers next to the server).

I pointed out that the FV figures were still lower than P99s and, anyhow, were character numbers not player numbers.

Pop is defined by player numbers, not by the number of boxes logged in.

Therefore, clearly P99 has a higher pop than FV.