Will DBG make changes?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Whallowisp, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Whallowisp Journeyman

DBG is probably considering wether they should change the rulerets for the new progression servers. We have not really heard anything yet. So I ponder if they will make changes or that they calculate that many will upset if they do so. Which might make it more wise to do nothing.
    How will this end?
    Twong likes this.
  2. a_librarian Augur

I think yes, but they will be more minor than many are expecting. I expect both server concepts to stay intact because they probably had some business calculations behind them saying they would maximize their ROI. Selo's might get bumped to six week unlocks and Mangler might be bumped to Phinny/Coirnav xp rate.
    andross77 and Fhiele like this.
  3. Silver-Crow Augur

Wouldn't that just make Manglar Phinny 3.0?
  4. Daragoth Lorekeeper

I think if we do get any changes at all, the changes will be so small or so far in the wrong direction that Mangler would be better off launching as a new live server.
  5. Whallowisp Journeyman

I hope there will be some news tomorrow as someone wrote elsewhere...
  6. Ceffener Augur

XP/Lockout rates will probably shift around. Could have two “Selo” with different lockouts. But anyone expecting/asking anything outside of things they announced (locked server, FV loot, mercs, etc) will most likely be disappointed.
    Barton, andross77 and Fhiele like this.
  7. TheRedBandit Elder

At this point they should just kill off mangler and make selo 2 month unlocks. Or leave mangler slow and take away truebox so the bot armies can sell eachother krono.
    andross77 likes this.
  8. Mr Nobody Elder

They better make changes. Not listening to your custormers is not good buisness
    Pippi Langstrømpe and andross77 like this.
  9. malaki Augur

Mangler likely get slightly better, but will still be awful. Selos ruined because of people asking for 2319843209877243 month lockouts.
    Thalliius likes this.
  10. Greendav Lorekeeper

Hope they will change the Mangler rules concerning exp at least. Whatever i will already stay during classical time that is to say until velious.
  11. Whallowisp Journeyman

I hope they work more on Mangler and perhaps start it a week or two later, so we can start on fresh server twice.
    Twong likes this.
  12. Twong Journeyman

I agree... Some time between the servers is a good idea.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Jontrann Augur

Selos is fine, its a hardcore rushing server, leave it as is.

Best/Worst case scenario for mangler will be the exp rate. Will we get agnarr exp or coirnav exp? Only time will tell.
    snailish likes this.
  14. Kahna Augur

DBG has shown itself to be very reluctant to make changes to announced rule sets. They have done it in the past but only in rare instances. I am not going to hold my breath. Way I see it, the longer they delay the less likely there will be a change.
  15. Ahze Elder

Roxxlyy said on p 28 of the big thread -
    Just a very small update - there's still a lot of feedback coming in, and we're doing our best to filter and assess it. With that in mind, we won't have any major updates to share before the weekend, though we encourage everyone to continue their discussions here on the forums.
    I think some sort of changes can be expected.
    Pippi Langstrømpe likes this.
  16. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

I'm afraid that you are right.
  17. Twong Journeyman

"DBG will tell you nothing before next week. Except this I guess."

No news is better than statement that no changes will be made.. I guess :)
  18. yerm Augur

This is a company. They are going to operate one. Roxxly and/or other customer support types will compile feedback and provide summaries and ideas/suggestions for changes. The developers will attempt to convey the ease or difficulty of making these happen. Some sort of higher up or supervisor will attempt to address the unspoken or mistaken parts (the "you think you do but you don't" kind of critique of the CS-driven summaries).

They probably have a meeting this afternoon or on monday, guessing based off her "not before weekend" comment.

From here changes will need to be tweaks due to the timetable of 3/16. Mangler feature and/or adding stuff already proposed for selo to it is probably quite simple and so quite possible. Lockouts are likely easy to change. Pvp, fv loot, falsebox, etc I strongly believe are off the table for these servers. Even if they wanted to put them in (which I doubt) they won't commit to doing it with such short notice.

Expect only some xp rate and/or lockout timer changes, and MAYBE some selo features added to mangler like more rares. Or literally nothing until post launch pending observation of the outcome - which is what I would do in their shoes.
  19. Stagentti Augur

I think you're right unfortunately.

Mangler will only see changes with regards to easy things.

Essentially stuff they do during special events and holiday weekends:

Rare spawns and xp.

EDIT: all my posts are hitting awaiting moderator approval which is odd.
  20. yerm Augur

I got that too earlier. It may be the thread or it may be certain words trigger it?

Hopefully if my posts are being moderated they can do me a solid and correct my glaring mistakes because these forums are rough on mobile...