Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thalliius Augur

People will still be running guilds like a business, they just won't get to lock down the content like we were doing in Fire and Fury on FV.

It will still create a fervor of GREED that would have to be dealt with. Its not just raid gear, they would still be farming all of the hot spots in each expansion for group content, and just like on Coirnav, sure there is a new pick that opens once in awhile (but doesnt always stay open), but there are AoE powerlevelers and people camping spawns across multiple picks too

The fact that there were no AoCs made it a nightmare, but even with AoCs just the general type of people it would attract who would all be trying to cash in would make it a pretty crappy environment while everyone jockeys for position and market share

Long term it wouldn't work out for RMT'ers, but it would be a total ****storm for awhile
  2. vylo Augur

You mean ghost town phinny 3.0 server.
    Umul likes this.
  3. Ceffener Augur

Given that most of classic is tradeable anyway. FV ruleset sounds like it would be exactly the same amount of RMT we have on servers now and on Selo things will be moving too fast for that. Biggest advantage I see would be guildies passing around loot when they get upgrades.

But asking for changes outside of things they listed seems pretty stupid at this point. We need to get Mangler as a casual server...FV loot seems pretty out of the cards DBG has shown.
    Sennik Jevest likes this.
  4. Umul Augur

If they don't fix it, yup.

DBG, own it and either make it legit "challenging" (your words) or 180 and go casual.
  5. Roxxlyy Augur

Just a very small update - there's still a lot of feedback coming in, and we're doing our best to filter and assess it. With that in mind, we won't have any major updates to share before the weekend, though we encourage everyone to continue their discussions here on the forums.
    Jadefox, jeskola, Brunlin and 8 others like this.
  6. Ceffener Augur

Did someone in the office write a counter for how many times people are clicking refresh????!
  7. Umul Augur

Thanks Roxx,

Acknowledgment goes a long way.
    Tankz likes this.
  8. Stagentti Augur

Roxxlyy - you enter the Thunderdome every time you post and that mist really be miserable but we appreciate your posts the last couple of days.

Thanks for acknowledging what's going on even if you can't control the outcome.

Folks appreciate it.
  9. vylo Augur

Selo's is close, consider the following:

1. Classic start, with 1 month expansions, this would be fine
    2. FV ruleset

Mangler is a hot mess. IDK who is even going to play on there.
    chumpy likes this.
  10. Ceffener Augur

Sometimes wish we could have a polling feature on the forums and settle some of the trolling that way. Though with the ability to create accounts it’s hard to filter our real feedback vs troll sometimes.
  11. Xandollf New Member

The more I think about it, the more I think I might like Selo's. My initial thoughts were the same WTF rage most people had. It felt like a sucker punch. I think they may have accidentally gotten something right here though. I will be particularly interested in seeing the raid paths people take at the start since it's a completely new starting situation. I'm sure much of Kunark can be skipped if not all of it, what about Velious? I'm sure there are a few who will make an attempt to farm out ST before the awakening.

Mangler flat out sucks. Basically they should copy Selo's rules and just give it somewhere between 2-4 month unlocks but start in Classic. There is your casual server that has yet to be delivered. Throw in FV loot if that give it enough spin, not really sure I care one way or the other on that.
    Barton, topplelv, Thalliius and 2 others like this.
  12. Ceffener Augur

Honestly Selo has too many people excited already. It probably shouldn’t be touched.
    Thalliius and Umul like this.
  13. Stagentti Augur

I think at this point the consensus is to leave Selos as is and destroy and rebuild Mangler
    Umul likes this.
  14. Elskidor Augur

Selo works as is. FV trade would be killer but maybe Mangler would benefit most from that. It needs some love.
  15. vylo Augur

I can agree with Selos being good. Manger doesn't just need some love, it needs to be nuked from orbit and replaced with something that anyone would want.
  16. Locnar Journeyman

Mangler needs far more to make it "hardcore" than slower xp.

It needs corpse runs.

What it really needs to be is a combination of Fironia Vie and Sullon zek, with corpse runs, one toon per account, and without maps.
  17. Umul Augur

Removing QoL features doesn't make it a Challenge server. I think they nailed their hardcore server with Selo. Who cares if its by accident. Mangler is a good candidate to be a casual server, I don't think much is being asked for and they did advertise an Ultra Casual server.

While I understand the logic of quickened timers, spawn rates etc etc being "casual". The unlock speed makes it a hardcore server. *hint hint daybreak
  18. Bracken New Member

Yea, seems like you would make just about everyone happy if you keep selo as is, copy it over to mangler and keep 3 month unlocks starting in classic.
  19. Guzzle Augur

Looks like my theory (that keeps getting censored btw) that this was all an elaborated plan to keep hype going and find a way to keep exp pot sales flowing in Coirnav before exp gets far easier is valid.

Good choice.
    Tankz likes this.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

It will be interesting to see how the 1 month unlocks play out on some of the later expansions like ROF. In general I wonder how many guilds are truly hardcore enough to progress to live and what strategies they are considering. Do you guild focus on current expansion group content with maybe 1 week tops to complete while also raiding 7 nights a week doing current unlocked content plus trying to knock out anything undone from the previous expansions. The true hardcore is going to push to the end and get it all done imo. How many are really this hardcore is the question.
    Renshu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.