Test Update 02/12/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 12, 2019.

1. svann Augur

Does that just mean Vanquisher, or does that include collections and hunter and etc?
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

At this time, it is ALL Burning Lands achievements.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Is this something you tested and experienced on the test server since yesterday?
  4. Brohg Augur

eh, I thought it was appropriate that the top level items matched requirement with the weapon augment conversion, but your call.

alternately, requiring the parallel TBL achievements to match the historical ones would have been good. Hunter TBL to go with old Hunters for hands, etc
  5. Natal Augur

Sometimes when you land you are instantly warped to the trial NPC ledge even though you have not fallen. I think that is what he is referring to. It is infrequent, but it does happen.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Yinla like this.
  6. Natal Augur

The only way to get type 19 augs is by raiding I think. There are group equivalents that are type 18/19 however, and group players could use those for evolved items with a type 19 slot.

The raid augs can't be used with the lower tier evolving items however.
  7. Natal Augur

Does that mean that we no longer have to do things like old hunter and collection achievements?
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Cannikin Elder

Is there going to be more detailed information on what exactly was changed with mercs? I hope besides just general stat boosts that you guys will be taking a look at merc logic, particularly healers, as there seems to be an inordinate number of situations where they seem to stop what they're doing and take several seconds to switch to doing something else at the expense of healing, e.g. trying to cure in the middle of a fight, multiple people taking even minor damage causing AI confusion and pauses upwards of 10 seconds as they try to decide who to heal, etc.

Example logic: if a mob is on the aggro list and someone is actively taking damage, always be healing, never try to cure, buff, or otherwise get stuck in a decision tree with pauses where it is not casting a heal (or anything else for that matter).
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Spellfire Augur

My cleric merc on Test gained about 20k hp/mana and lost about 500 ac.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Eeek thats not going to help it survive TBL AEs. (
  11. Jondalar Augur

This simply isn't true. You can get raid instances and farm augs from trash as a group.
    menown likes this.
  12. Ecchicon Elder

I'm confused on this as well. Have all the requirements been updated to TBL content, or is it only for the final evolve that ALL TBL must be completed?
  13. Zvenn Just an old monk

the TBL completionist is for going from level 5 to level 6, to get the first 5 levels the normal requirements would still apply
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  14. Ecchicon Elder

Got it. I agree with the above poster that thinks it would have been best if all the items were linked to TBL from both a design perspective and for general convinience, but I’m happy that Ngreth is having fun.

But it does seem to be the case that these items, when fully evolved, will last over [at least] two expansions, which is cool and something I think past chase/unique items should have done (Cresta’s is just one example).

Personally, I’d like to think I’ll get these things evolved, but it is a lot of work. I think the collection requirements on shoulders should have been limited to 2 expansions; everything since CotF is a real chore, but then again there are parallel rewards from collections so it isn’t all lost time.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Anyone know what the HME is on the level 5 items now?
  16. smash Augur

Sure you can do that, however if you do and your char is on account that raid you in trouble due to lockouts.....
  17. Hickers Elder

Roughly 9550 HME, so a small upgrade from level 4. A few more AC too. The main benefit is the switching of 2 of the aug slots to type 19, allowing the use of those lovely augs that have so far been rotting in bags!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Yes, except that it happens frequently.
  19. Tucoh Augur

Just to be clear, that's the nerfed version on test server?
  20. svann Augur

Not necessarily. It doesnt lock you on raid, just trash drops. So your guild has to make a decision as to which is more beneficial - looting from trash during raid or allowing individual groups to go do trash on their own time.
    menown likes this.