Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krezzy Augur

Slower XP is not hardcore. That just drives more players to disruptive AE leveling services.

Increasing mob level by 5% or so would be much better.
    chumpy, Risiko and Jezzie like this.
  2. Umul Augur

EOK-ROS-TBL are all pretty good expansions with interesting content if you've never played them. I can reason they want these TLP's to be at live ASAP so they can sell you all expansions. It must kill them how many TLP players don't buy or play the expansions. Expansions are probably their biggest expense in a given year outside of maybe labor? Selo's will be fun, I wish I had the time to play it but I've already played live to 110, its fun.

I was lookin forward to chilling in classic or playing something truly unique and challenging. They didn't hit either. Maybe they'll revisit.

-Forumwarrior_63
  3. Thalliius Augur

Lol nobody will ever agree, that is a fool’s errand

Most people don’t even know what they want, or they have a very specific list of their own personal requirements and are just throwing a tantrum that one of the servers isn’t EXACTLY the way they want it

They could release 100 servers with all kinds of different combinations of rulesets and you’d still have people here complaining and threatening to take their 500 friends to WoW Classic
    EEpromm likes this.
  4. Stagentti Augur

Nice try...but no.

Mangler ruleset is trash. That's what people are complaining about. 100% trash.
    Polekn likes this.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Yeah, all casuals don’t care that they are many expansions behind 99% of the playerbase. Let’s just have 1 server, the casual servers are live!

Or you know, actually make a server that casuals can play with each other and not just themselves.
  6. Silinius Augur

I'm seeing multiple replies to other players on this thread around why people believe others opinions aren't valid or won't work.

If this thread is to continue as a place for people to provide constructive (key word) feedback, it's probably more efficient to just leave your preferred server rulesets and move on. The back and forth about why something won't work isn't that helpful to the cause of getting these rule sets changed.
  7. Thalliius Augur

Sounds like your friends missed the boat on the previous dozen TLPs that DBG released with Classic starts. Doesn’t sound like your group of friends would really be the type to stick around long term anyways

If DBG was smart they would remove the XP penalty from Mangler and that would solve a ton of problems. Then all the Masochistic die hards that want to relive clsssic over again will have their server. Why do they not get it that people don’t want to level slowly, whether they identify as hardcore or not, EQ is already a very time consuming game as is so why add additional arbitrary penalties to it

I think if Mangler has regular. XP, lots would stop complaining and go there. People trying to suggest that both servers should be classic and that’s what “we” want is just BS... give it up. 2 new servers, 1 is classic for the Try hards and masochists, the other is Luclin for better leveling zones and ease of travel, along with the Bazaar right at the start

Selos is nearly perfect and it’s unique, it’s not the same cookie cutter TLP they’ve released a dozen times.
  8. Fumi-chan Augur

While I don't have a horse in this race, I do care about the longevity of this game. My hope is that DBG focuses their attention on making Mangler better, because Selo will work fine with its current ruleset. It's a matter of rebranding what was announced; make Selo the hardcore server, Mangler the casual server.

Very little effort would be required to make this change, outside of admitting a gaff with the announcement and modifying your message. Simply crank up the XP rates on Mangler to be same as Lockjaw/Ragefire. Yes it's essentially another Phinny clone but it won't have the terrible XP rates that were regularly complained about. That will draw a lot of casuals including newer players who want a slower paced unlock schedule without the monotonous grind.
    Risiko and Polekn like this.
  9. Ceffener Augur

Can someone list the “dozen TLPs” that started at classic. Best I can come up with is 6 over 6 years, 3 of which was only supposed to be 1 server and 1 being a special locked server.
    Risiko and Wildfires like this.
  10. Stagentti Augur

Lol try hards.

Selos has 1 month unlocks. But yeah...people trying to level, get geared, get keyed, raid and keep up before future expansions get too far away from them TOTALLY aren't try hards.

It's the people who want to go slow and start on Classic.
  11. Critt Augur

These rule sets are a clear indication of what’s wrong with the development team... they clearly are not playing this game in any meaningful way or they would understand why mangler isn’t hardcore and why 1 month unlocks on selo make no sense at all..
  12. Thalliius Augur

Lol you think 99% of the population are Try Hards that will keep up with the unlocks and do everything in era?

Is that a joke?

The outlier groups will be the 2 or 3 Try Hard guilds ( I refuse to acknowledge any of these jokers as Hardcore) that have convinced themselves that this is a race. That will be like 5% or less of the population.
    Grogak likes this.
  13. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

A mangler fix is easy. Increase xp to Agnar-like and implement FV style loot rules. The xp change would be a trivial change on DBG's part and alone would at least put out the dumpster fire that is Mangler right now. Implementing FV style loot rules would really increase the player base there but I do not know how hard that change would be on DBG resource wise. I do hope for both though. :)
  14. Thalliius Augur

Yea I call them Try Hards because Hardcore doesn’t fit the description when you see them screaming for faster XP, faster unlocks, higher drop rates, more rare spawns, etc... basically demanding everything that makes the game easier for them to just No Life raid this game as if that is the only way to play

It doesn’t matter what server you give them. It’s a mentality where they think the game is about “winning” a race that most everyone else isn’t even participating in. They’re trying to take a casual server and demand it fit into their extreme Try Hard world
    Pippi Langstrømpe and Grogak like this.
  15. Stagentti Augur

Hahaha. Wow. Just...wow.

The people asking to start in classic haven't been screaming for faster unlocks...they're complaining now about the prospect of one month.

They weren't screaming for more rare spawns. They weren't screaming for higher drop rates.

Please point me to a thread where a group of people wanting a classic start were asking for that? I'll wait.

Please also point out where people wanting a classic start and slower unlocks have been super concerned about raids? I'll wait.

It's about winning a race? You're describing the hardcore people who did not want a classic start and wanted faster unlocks...aka Selos.

Your whole post is hilarious.
    Risiko and Renshu like this.
  16. Ceffener Augur

Go play on any current server and tell me how the grouping is at low-mid levels.
  17. Evade Augur

Casuals with their 10 hours of play per week do not burn out like that. You’re basing this on your own play style which this server was never created for
  18. Dmitry Elder

As it stands, is there any type of player that goes to Mangler? Racing guilds go to Selos for the challenge of content clears and faster expansions. All the other guilds go for the better lockout timers meaning they can get all the content clear in a month. Casuals go cause the exp is better on Selos. Anyone still just looking at the game to come back for the 20th will choose the populated server that is easy.
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I just want to throw it out there that Selo's is 90% correct and I do agree that the Expansion unlocks between servers seems to be flipped the wrong way. Casual should have the long expac locks and Mangler should have the faster unlocks.

Evidence that this is the case is that the Hardcore TLP guilds are all going to Selo's evidenced by the recruitment posts. The server will be over populated and the Mangler Server will suffer. If you really want to give both servers a chance you would flip flop the locks.
  20. Risiko Augur

Some interesting stuff going on twitter @EqNewsAndPolls right now. Just saying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.