I am sorry to see:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Feb 12, 2019.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In the test notes which usually means it will come to next patch on live:

"The Broken Mirror and Empires of Kunark are now free to play on Live, non-progression servers."

Why do they give out so much free stuff? People need to pay for something to keep this game afloat. Or is this a last hurrah before the sky falls?
  2. Aurastrider Augur

The only logical reasoning I can think of is with autogrant being in TDS and TDS being ftp someone can just level to 105, spend one krono or buy a one month sub and they are maxed out in terms of tfp. Now these people might want to farm their AA's through EOK which will result in a couple more months of sub time out of them?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. niente Developer

Test/Live have the same free to play settings now. They should continue to match free expansions in the future.*
    The idea currently is to let the previous level cap worth of expansions be free to play. i.e. The level cap now is 110, free to play can get you to 105.

*Unless the policy on this changes, which is certainly possible. (In fact, it changing resulted in these expansions being unlocked at all).

Edit: Also want to note that this is in the Test patch notes, but it really only applies to Live and will happen next week.
  4. a_librarian Augur

Great change, F2P models work better with a smaller gap between free and paid content imo. Let people get closer to the active expansion zones and socialize with people to motivate them to buy in to the cutting edge content.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Barton like this.
  5. Ceffener Augur

I’m not going to lie, announcing this would have saved me $120 last month lol. I think it’s a decent change, still need to sub to really play, and you’ll buy the new expansion if you catch up.
  6. kizant Augur

It's better for the game if F2P isn't too far behind. Good change.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

Well I hope live does get these changes.
    my normal group does not have a tracker and I use a FTP tracker.
  8. svann Augur

I think this is normal. Dont they always open up new expacs to freeples at anniv?
  9. Old_Timer Journeyman

This is fantastic news, thanks devs!
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

No the free expac opens normally when the new Expac comes out.
    I remember zoning into COTF the same day new ?? Expac came out on my FTP toon.

Anniv I am waiting for is for TBM raids to be unlocked except for the requester being flagged only and that happens normally around the anniv.

its going to make it a lot easier for open raids for the Eyes /ach not having to flag peeps.
  11. Risiko Augur

This is great news! I am very happy with this one. Thanks DBG!