Slow them unlocks on Selo!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by skattabrainz, Feb 12, 2019.

1. skattabrainz Augur

The Selo ruleset is actually kinda close to what i would like. I would have started it at velious not luclin, but that's the smaller of the 2 problems.

Casual, and 1 month expansions, don't jive.

Should be doubled at the least. Then you have yourself a server.

As was repeated earlier, Mangler seems more casual, and Selo more hardcore, the way they are now. I can see "stop and smell the pixels" players playing on Mangler and "In it for the server firsts" guilds migrating to selo.

Plzfix?
    Barton, Renshu and Crayon123 like this.
  2. yerm Augur

The "longer unlock" lobby is my least favorite group. Lockjaw is rolling over in its grave. Selos is perfect, 1 month was fine on Combine and this one is even easier, please do not ruin it.
    chumpy likes this.
  3. topplelv New Member

2 months minimum, or 1 month past content cleared.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  4. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

there are plenty of servers with 2-3 month lockouts currently that you can play on (and im sure most already played on them, and quit anyway)

1 month hasnt been done since combine/sleeper, and its basically the only thing daybreak got right with these 2 abortions of servers
  5. Trevalon Augur

Combne Sleeper was absolutely terrible with1 month unlocks, worst servers ever. Me and my friends wont be playing EQ this time around with these terrible rules
    Crayon123 likes this.
  6. Groans Augur

How is this ultra casual? I dont understand how you can think forcing people to rush through expansions in 1 month with keying and flagging still in place how this is in any way shape or form casual.

Still hedhing the xp factor... how is less than live xp rates ultra we wanna sell more potions casual? Up the xp slow the expansion to 3 to 6 month unlocks ffs.

Sounds like the hardcore server, seriously this is such a dissappointment sounds like us deplorable casauls are still viewed as the enemy.
    snailish likes this.
  7. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

casual peasants will always be the enemy
  8. QuasiGnome Journeyman

Friends and I are casual which will include breaks of several weeks for us. With all the raiding you will have to do to stay with current content we could never keep up, even with faster xp. Not gonna play another TLP just to fall behind again and have to quit it.

Everything else sounds great for casuals but the 4 week unlocks. Not even gonna try it.
    snailish and Crayon123 like this.
  9. Crayon123 Augur

Seriously, Selo's sounds GREAT but the unlocks needs to be changed to 2 months!
  10. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

casuals are welcome to play on mangler server with the slower 12 week expansion launches, or play one of the many other tlp servers with 2-3+ month unlocks
  11. Vengaz New Member

Totally agree. Slow the unlocks on Selos. Needs to be 2 months minimum.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  12. QuasiGnome Journeyman

Why wouldn't casual = casual pace as well? Doesn't make sense. Would LOVE time to level multiple characters and camp gear for each expansion to really enjoy it before the next one comes. /boggle
    Harris77 and Crayon123 like this.
  13. Crayon123 Augur

Mangler will not have any sort of community, its DOA. Watch the forums and guild recruitment in the coming weeks, it will be all Selo's - I'd bet money on it.
  14. Numiko Augur

Unless they unlock raid zones and remove need for keys and flags totally, no one will be finishing expansions and be geared up enough to take on the next one in just a month. Especially the TSS and up expansions

Its not what i would call a casual pace... more like lets see who is going to burn out the fastest.
    Renshu and snailish like this.
  15. snailish Augur

If Selos rule set appeals to you that is great. Say hi to Quill --after all it is pretty much the server he's been lobbying hard for.

Equating what Selos ruleset is now stated to be is somehow "ultra casual" shows misunderstanding if not contempt for what it means to play casually... that is, to have limited playtime in a given timeframe.

The current 1 month unlock will be enough time for dedicated hardcore players to fully gear up and farm in the high XP/gear/etc. environment... probably even level some alts and farm some loot.

I'll be very curious to see what kind of casual population bothers with the server at all, and remains in 6 months when level 70 OoW (assuming 1 month Luclin-PoP-LoY-LDoN-GoD-OoW) becomes quite the leveling mountain to climb --unless the XP rate completely trivializes leveling.
  16. Lankie Augur

You can't even gear up in 3 months, so no idea wtf this 1 month unlock is about.

Should be 4 months really.
    QuasiGnome likes this.
  17. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

snailish i have no idea what any of that is supposed to mean, but ok bro
    yerm likes this.
  18. Duhbeast Augur

Why would casuals care about getting everything done or filling every slot with the best choice? Take it easy and cruise along as it comes m8.
    chumpy likes this.
  19. QuasiGnome Journeyman

Mostly because cruising along doesn't allow you to keep up with the unlocking content. Once you're behind the content that is unlocking you might as well be playing on a Live server and save the subscription/krono
    Crayon123 likes this.
  20. Crayon123 Augur

This server sounds excellent to experience all EQ has to offer in its more recent expansions with less guild attrition, however as the above poster noted, as soon as you fall behind the keying curve and can't raid meaningful content - it becomes akin to any other Live server.