Selos 100% misses the point of being a casual server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by hoovadalewt, Feb 12, 2019.

1. hoovadalewt Elder

They have made the stupid mistake of thinking that casuals want faster expack unlocks... This is really dumb.

Casuals want faster xp, sure, better drop rates, sure, so they can gear up some alts, but making the expacks faster negates all that, because casuals still won't be able to gear up alts and still will feel like they can't log in enough to catch up.

All they have done is compress the game into a shorter time frame, which isn't more casual friendly at all.

Putting in basic mercs into a classic launch would have been 10x more casual friendly than what they came up with.

Fast xp + enhanced drops + no CRs + + basic mercs+ 3 month expack unlock started in classic would have been the perfect casual model

Selos completely misses the point and just clearly exists as a feeder into live server, rather than the celebration of EQs anniversary that it should be. They should have put this server off until at least next year
    Barton, Qucian, Risiko and 5 others like this.
  2. Ceffener Augur

That’s why it’s now a “fast progression” server.
    Brunlin likes this.
  3. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

Couldn't agree more... and I like the idea of basic mercs. It solves some of the boxing issue which again, supports the idea of casual players (many casuals box).
    hoovadalewt, Templeton and Tyrs like this.
  4. hoovadalewt Elder

Well, they promised an ultra casual one... they should have had their together when they made the announcement, rather than misleading people for all this time.
    Barton and Templeton like this.
  5. topplelv New Member

I am super disappointed with these servers. I was hoping to start up again and have a new home.
    hoovadalewt likes this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If you agree that casuals want faster xp and better drop rates, then you don't understand what 100% means. The title should be Selo misses 33% of the point.
    ch0rny, andross77 and Polekn like this.
  7. Trevalon Augur

This exactly, how is Daybreak SO tone deaf...I cannot even get over how bad this server is.
    Barton, hoovadalewt and Templeton like this.
  8. yerm Augur

Since when is completing every last side quest or filling out bis a casual thing?

Selos is the best tlp set up to date. Stop trying to ruin it like it's another lockjaw. Or at least "2 scoops 2 terms 2 month unlocks" meme it or something.
  9. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

Yup me too. Looks like I'm gonna have to stay on FV or RF.
    Templeton likes this.
  10. Lankie Augur

You can be casual and still raid and be one of the best geared on the server. Takes like 12 hours a week to raid, I wouldn't call that hardcore.
    hoovadalewt and Templeton like this.
  11. hoovadalewt Elder

Non planear BiS has always been a casual thing and perfectly achievable solo even
    Templeton likes this.
  12. FIsh Lips Augur

It is the MOST casual thing. Casuals can be perfectionists. They may want to pursue completion over competition. I would personally rather max out my gear each expansion (knowing full well I will replace 40% of it next expac), than be 1st at anything. I'd also like to max out my AAs, and do any and all quests that I like, and have all my skills maxed (including tradeskills). Not being able to do this is very depressing.

Being casual simply means limited playtime, no focus on competition. It does not mean we don't want to play the game, reap the rewards the game has to offer, or otherwise develop our characters.
    snailish, hoovadalewt and Templeton like this.
  13. Templeton Augur

I am so bummed with Selo... My only hope is that they listen to people and tone down Mangler to make it attractive.

I love the idea of three month unlocks, no small xp loss, and basic mercs for a casual server though. I have no interest in a feeder server that just blows me through content. I might as well just buy a heroic character on a live server with the money I will spend on subs getting to the same place with selo.

In fact, giving everyone enhanced heroic characters would have been a better 20th anniversary present than this.
    hoovadalewt likes this.
  14. yerm Augur

That is completely hardcore in definition. Low playtime sure but hardcore. Trying to be the best and max out stats and perfect your character is so opposite any sane definition of casual except this crazy "low playtime" catchall idea.

I think a lot of you may need to come to grips with the idea that you are hardcore players. Low playtime doesn't change that.
    ElaidaTL and Polekn like this.
  15. Templeton Augur

arguing about the definition of casual is completely missing the point.

whatever your personal definition is, this server will not help the low time player to have the room and time to get done. they are still going to feel pressured. the 1 month unlocks are just plain stupid.
    Sethiroth and hoovadalewt like this.
  16. Srsly New Member

Extend this to 2 or 3 months then it will be good. Totally misses the point with the current timeframes.
    Sethiroth, Tornat and hoovadalewt like this.
  17. code-zero Augur

I've said it before, people always say that they want long unlocks but I'm pretty sure that the data that Daybreak sees shows this to be a lie.
    Selo is going to give a lot of the people who have been retreading and burning out on the previous TLP servers a chance to see farther along and enjoy the game more. Maybe even stick around till the end for a change
  18. Templeton Augur

Code, you always seem to pop up to support the company line, on every subject.
    Barton likes this.
  19. Templeton Augur

exactly
    hoovadalewt likes this.
  20. Ceffener Augur

2 month lock and trioligy start would have been good. And remove keying, make boss fights the challenge not any other crap.
    Tornat likes this.