Selo - will people be able to hit max level in 1 month playing casually?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by orionfox, Feb 12, 2019.

1. orionfox Lorekeeper

I ask because I was hyped to come back and get in on the ground floor of a TLP for once. I havent played anything more than casually since Luclin (I have been a WoW guy -ok to laugh at me). but I did the year long sub a few years ago and tried Agnarr. I never got past my 30s.

I just dont see how anyone but a hardcore player could get to max level in a month.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

You will be able to hit max level, sure. The XP will be fast. Being able to key, raid and camp the content you want all inside of a month? Especially with multiple toons? Not likely.
  3. code-zero Augur

Have you ever leveled up in Luclin zones? You can level so fast that you need to slow down to get your skills caught up again
  4. orionfox Lorekeeper

No I havent done the Luclin Zones. I have done live and the streamlined leveling and got to 60s kinda quick
  5. Lankie Augur

Hitting max level isn't the 'completion' event for an expansion.

• Hit max level
    • Grind AA's
    • Farm flagging items / quests / etc for raids.
    • Farm raids enough times to gear up for next expansion (approx 20 end raid clears)
    Takes a casual maybe 6 months to do this.
    Renshu and Jontrann like this.
  6. orionfox Lorekeeper

This is part of the issue I had on Live. I played EQ before there were AAs and maybe never got to endgame when they were there. I got a fair amount of leveling done in Kunark and Velious, but left in the beginning of Luclin.

I only ever raided in other games so my exp is limited in EQ.
  7. code-zero Augur

Starting in Luclin max level will be 65 and it's going to stay at 65 through GoD, that's 4 months at 65. there's going to be 4 more months at level 70 after OoW releases. (if I've counted my expansions correctly that is
    Crayon123 and orionfox like this.
  8. topplelv New Member

Luclin will have a max level of 60.
    orionfox likes this.
  9. orionfox Lorekeeper

Stupid question, but will leveling armor quests like Armor of Ro still be valid? Or will the starting gear far out gear those?

I never was able to earn those complete sets and was something I still wanted to do while they were relevant.
  10. Numiko Augur

Maybe if they have defiant gear, Mercs and live version Auto grant AA from the start, I could see this server working but starting from scratch and trying to level, grind AA's and gear up your toon's in a month will just lead to a extremely burned out player base rather quickly.
  11. FIsh Lips Augur

Fire up live (it's free). See if you can get to 60 in one month (without a merc). It's definitely possible, but note the xp slows down dramatically at about 50. No idea what the xp rate will be on Selo's, though.
  12. Renshu Augur

Keying/Flagging for raids will be more difficult than leveling up IMO.
  13. Crayon123 Augur

Valid point, might not be as terrible as it originally sounded. 1.5 months for initial March 16th unlock to May 1st for PoP.
    Dythan likes this.