Selo Progression Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mr Nobody, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Mr Nobody Elder

The Selo Server will be a "fast" or "casual" Progression Server. This means that gaining experience will be much easier, with experience nearly double that of Ragefire or Lockjaw when the server launches. Additionally, instances can be reused more often, rares are more likely to spawn, and faction is earned more quickly.
    This server will start during the Shadows of Luclin era, and will unlock new expansions on the first Wednesday of each month, starting with The Planes of Power on May 1, 2019. Once the server catches up to the present era, it will become a Live server.
  2. Kittany Augur

And here I was thinking everybody runs at epic bard speed. That'd be lit! (Wait, am I doing it right? Darned kids and their new lingo!)
  3. FIsh Lips Augur

Short of gear dropping at a rate of 36x present amounts, this server is going to burn out. I can see the initial popularity, who doesn't want faster xp, faster rare spawns and faster faction?

But then you realize you cannot keep up with mob power increase, you're not able to get more than a few pieces of ornate because you didn't have time to do pop flagging, or luclin keying and maybe barely finished your epic, getting whacked in MPG for all the HP you never had... and by the time your body hits the floor, on to the next xpac!

We're not going to be able to get the taste of each expac on the road to live that some of us want, we're going to get steamrolled by progress. This just ends up being a new live server.
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Stagentti Augur

So what is this exp rate compared to Agnarr?

Was Agnarr faster than Ragefire?

Sorry if a dumb question.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

For real. It needs 2 month unlocks and it would probably be fine.
    Harris77 and Crayon123 like this.
  6. taliefer Augur

agnarr was the same as ragefire IIRC, so its gonna be twice that.
  7. Stagentti Augur

Thanks so much!
  8. Lankie Augur

Exactly. Unless they come out and say raid mobs drop 100 ish pieces of loot per kill, and flagging is removed, this server will be fu**ed.
  9. Crayon123 Augur

Right, TONS of potential, possibly to be one of the most popular TLP's to date. However, it desperately needs to be revised to 2 month unlocks.
  10. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Agreed!!!
    Crayon123 likes this.
  11. Elite_raider Augur

Eh, this was meant to be casual??? Standard TLP clone with insanely short expansion unlocks and less XP then live?

Someone's going to get fired.....
  12. TheRedBandit Elder

I'm really excited about the server either way, but i think 2 months would be fair too. Though you will basically have 3 months of PoP and 4 of OoW, so its not like it will be impossible to get any gear in the time allotted
    Crayon123 likes this.
  13. Lankie Augur

Can someone who works in DBG please leak information annon and post it on Reddit or something? I wanna know who comes up with this and how many people working there actually agree with it.
  14. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

2 months unlock would kill the server. 1 month is gonna be boring enough
  15. Crayon123 Augur

You sound hardcore bruh, go play on Mangler.
  16. Xylonite Journeyman

They should put some polls up to gauge what players actually want, and not just go with what they think we want.
    Crayon123 and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  17. Groans Augur

This is akin to Holly's "casuals dont deserve raid loot" type of slap in the face. Ill just stay on agnarr unyil bored then stop subbing unless this abartion of an idea is changed.
  18. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

Does double RF exp mean launch version of RF or current version of RF?