So much hate, but I am thrilled with the casual server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheRedBandit, Feb 12, 2019.

1. TheRedBandit Elder

Thank you DBG, I look forward to playing there for months to come!
    yerm likes this.
  2. taliefer Augur

all 7 of them
    Renshu likes this.
  3. Maze Elder

Hi Taliefer. I miss u
  4. Crayon123 Augur

Honestly Selo's sounds OK, its basically a quick whirlwind tour of EQ for those who have never seen most of the expansions past OoW.
    TheRedBandit likes this.
  5. taliefer Augur

itd make for a great quarm style event server. but with all the build up, this is what we get? just yikes
    Brunlin, Pirlo, snailish and 3 others like this.
  6. Crayon123 Augur

Right, I guess we just got to make the best of it. Or... send copious amounts of pizzas to the DBG office until they change the unlocks to 2 months instead.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  7. Lankie Augur

2 months is way too fast for a casual server. Needs to probably be slower than Phinny, so like 14 weeks maybe.
  8. TheRedBandit Elder

With 1 month unlocks i wouldnt have minded a classic start, but with ldon, loy, god, pop its gonna be 4 months at level 65, and i believe 4 at level 70. So im good with it.
  9. Seraphix Elder

Selo's is perfect--except for the expansion schedule. You finally made a casual experience server and then immediately negate that change by making hardcore unlocks. Not good.

I expect Mangler to be filled to the brim with all of the posters here who love to talk about how great slow experience is and what fun it is to move as slowly as possible. That group should be over the moon with this option!
  10. Soliman New Member

Selo's is a place for folks to join EQ for the first time, or come back, who want to play on Live as fast as possible, without being 26,000 - 50,000 AAs behind.

That is the only thing that makes any sense to me at all, as far as target audience for the server.
    Koshk and Crayon123 like this.
  11. Shiba Journeyman

I think everyone underestimates the leveling speed of Selo. Double exp compared to RF and LJ means you can hit max level in a few days. I am really looking forward to Selo.
  12. Crayon123 Augur

It's not bad, it actually has cool rules with the increased spawns and what not.

It's just 1 month is super fast for anyone not already familiar with the expansions past OoW.
  13. Jontrann Augur

It's not just about the exp rate, its about all the time needed to key/flag up for raiding. Casuals have no chance at keeping up with current raids.
  14. Renshu Augur

Leveling is one thing, what about keying? Are they dropping keys, or does everyone have one month to do all that in open world?
    Risiko and Crayon123 like this.
  15. Trevalon Augur

EXP rate is great - they did good on that, but the unlock schedule is absolutely atrocious. 2 months minimum or bust
    Barton, Xilbus, Risiko and 2 others like this.
  16. Crayon123 Augur

Xilbus, Trevalon and Renshu like this.
  17. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

... and then what? The problem with reaching max level is that casuals (which many cannot/do not raid) have nothing to look forward to. Combined with the fact that there are no mercs, no boxing, fast unlock timers and no FV style looting system... tell me how does the end game look any more casual than playing on a traditional True Box server? You get to max level and then... yeah...same old stuff...always trying to catch up.

Have fun on there. I don't see the point.
    Tyrs and Jontrann like this.
  18. Ceffener Augur

With auto grant AA I don’t think you’ll farm for live for 2 years to catch up.
  19. TheRedBandit Elder

Uhh, AA's?
  20. Quill Augur

Oh Right... nothing about key removal... just wow.

At least you'll finally see raids getting their rear ends handed to them in PoP without BiS VT Gear.

I'd imagine the Krono Farmers will be selling Hate Gear loot rights on this server.