the casual server is actually the hard core server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Getsome, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Getsome New Member

you guys dropped the ball.
    Barton, Kywen and Koshk like this.
  2. code-zero Augur

Obviously what you think is hard core and what they see as hardcore aren't the same thing
  3. Took2summmit Elder

Biggest disappoint is the fact that its truebox. Let us box post luclin I mean cmon. This game is boring playing 1 character and the cheaters are still going to be using 18+.
  4. Lankie Augur

1 month unlock for a casual server? This was EQ's last chance to regain a few subs before WoW classic, and they failed hard.

No one will be playing these servers.
    Barton and Kruggan_Darkblood like this.
  5. FIsh Lips Augur

Obviously they are pretty out of touch with their own game. 1 month lockouts is the real killer there, I think that will not make it much past OOW before anyone but true hardcores are too undergeared to be able to continue on.

I am not sure I want to leave a server that I'm established on, except maybe to windowshop future content that I will barely be able to play?

And mangler... I don't see many casuals or hardcores caring for that pit of despair, that server seems stillborn.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Spayce Augur

Racing to clear VT in a month is a lot more hardcore than a more grindy Coirnav. It's like they don't understand what hardcore means haha.

The casual server sounds fun. The hardcore server sounds like the worst TLP server imaginable.
    snailish and Crayon123 like this.
  7. Lankie Augur

Exactly, the server will be dead after the first expansion. Casual's wont even reach level cap before PoP is out.

This is such a massive fail it's basically going to kill the entire DBG company.
  8. code-zero Augur

I see on the Selos server you get an exp bonus AND starting in Luclin, I can see no reason why even the most casual player couldn't manage to deal with monthly expansion releases
    Crayon123 likes this.
  9. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Daybreak has some weird ideas about casual vs hardcore.

Selo's is the hardcore server here, and Mangler... well, might as well name it Vulak 2 lol
    Artaserse2, Kywen, snailish and 2 others like this.
  10. Harris77 New Member

So the “casual” server is the race server and no one is going to be playing on Mangler. Very disappointed.
  11. Lankie Augur

It takes a casual player approx 6 months to gear up sufficiently on Phinny for the next expansion. They now have to do it in 1 month. You don't see a problem with this?

It's the most hardcore server ever released.
    snailish likes this.
  12. taliefer Augur

indeed. i just dont even get it. Selos is for people who want a quick tour of EQ then bounce to another game. i guess thats their definition of casual?
    snailish and Crayon123 like this.
  13. Crayon123 Augur

Mangler is DOA, horrible rule-set all around. No one is going to play there.

Selo's sounds good other than 1 month unlocks, but its still worth playing to see some of the newer expansions without prior expansion attrition.
    Artaserse2 likes this.
  14. Stagentti Augur

"Ultra casual" was the initial announcement.

Lol.

Ultra casual people are not going to be able to keep up with 1 month unlocks.

Not able to keep current with in era gear.

Not able to basically raid, at all, in era...ever.

Will just be them constantly behind the entire time.

How is this ultra casual friendly other than xp?
    Barton, Tyrs and Kruggan_Darkblood like this.
  15. topplelv New Member

Holy crap DBG, you were so close to not messing this up.

If you are reading this, please change Selo’s original unlock to Kunark or Velious and increase the auto-unlock to 2/2.5 months.

I was so stoked for these servers but no casual is going to be able to gear up to take on content in era, hell, hardcore players will have the same issue in a few months.
    Barton and Crayon123 like this.
  16. Crayon123 Augur

They could literally change Selo's unlocks from 1 month to 2 months and it would be significantly better. Possibly one of the most successful TLP's. 1 month seems super fast though.
    Barton, Terranos and Renshu like this.
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Agreed 100%
    Crayon123 likes this.
  18. yerm Augur

Their definition of casual is clearly:

- Easily/quickly hit max level.
    - Constant loot without dry spells or heavy lockouts.
    - Constant new/shiny stimulation.

Their definition of hardcore appears to be hard work to achieve reward.

Something deep down tells me non truebox is never coming back.
  19. Elite_raider Augur

Their definition of a casual player is someone who goes back to outdated raid content compared to current server state to kit out their twinks with gear.

I feel that someone in the company with to much sway has a skewed perception of reality and is subconsciously trying to make the game go bust, because that is the only way they can leave the company since they will never willingly quit......
  20. Groans Augur

Was this Hiller.... err Holly's idea to get back at us casuals for makinh make the AOC after she said casuals dont deserve raid loot? This is like gilette eq style.