GINA Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TimeBreak, Nov 15, 2018.

1. TimeBreak Elder

Trying to setup a Slay undead GINA trigger similar to heal and rampage triggers.
    With the update yesterday the heal trigger was easy to fix by removing the word "have" from the trigger line.
    The problem I'm having with setting one up for Slay undead, it doesn't say slay in the normal hit box. It just states that "Soandso" slashes "soandso" for x damage.
    The critical type message reads Soandso's holy blade cleanses his target!(x)
    The normal heal trigger is You healed {S} for {N} which then the display is Heal - {S} - {N} showing a Heal - "soandso" - "#HP healed"

So I've run into 2 problems trying to create a similar msg for slays. First the name isn't just the name but name's. I tried a few things but eventually removed the {S} and just setup with the character name like character's. The second issue is the dmg number is in () right after the ! and I can't get GINA to recognize the #. In the search text I've used !{N}, !({N}), ! {N}, and !{(N)} but GINA doesn't recognize the number at all. If I remove the {N} from both the search text and display text it works fine. I get the display test Slay - "soandso" just without a number next to it to show the actual dmg done with the slay.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Symbius Augur

Search Text: {C}'s holy blade cleanses {S1} target!{S2}

Display Text: {C} (Slay Undead): {S2}
    TimeBreak likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

This is probably going to change how its displayed in the expansion, btw
  4. TimeBreak Elder

So with the revamp of dmg output, any idea how to re-set this trigger?
  5. Pano Augur

Can you provide the log message?
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  6. TimeBreak Elder

For me:

[Mon Feb 11 19:43:39 2019] You slash an undead guardian for 5221 points of damage. (Slay Undead)
    [Mon Feb 11 19:43:57 2019] You bash an undead guardian for 1431 points of damage. (Slay Undead)
    For others:

[Mon Feb 11 19:43:54 2019] Rajahten slashes an undead guardian for 2360 points of damage. (Slay Undead)
  7. Nniki Augur

This should match all of those, I believe. (haven't tested)
    Code:
    ^(?<Name>[A-Za-z]+) [A-Za-z]+ (?<Target>.*) for (?<Damage>[\d]+) points of damage\. \(Slay Undead\)$
    ${Name}
    ${Target}
    ${Damage}
    Pano likes this.
  8. Zipe The Healer

I would do that
    Code:
    ^You (bash|slash) {s} for {n} points of damage. \(Slay Undead\)$
    or
    Code:
    ^{s1} (bashes|slashes|bash|slash) {s2} for {n} points of damage. \(Slay Undead\)$
    Why did you add a slash before last period?
    Code:
    damage\.
    is that necessary?
  9. Nniki Augur

More than bash and slash can be a slay, so I figured I'd save him the trouble of matching them all should he decide to change weapon types. Also, {n} is just a GINA tag to match a number, so it effectively does the same thing. Not sure what {n} gets replaced to, but [0-9]+ would be fastest and better than [\d]+. {S} gets replaced to (?<S>.+) which would be more accurate here than .*.

Necessary? Probably not, but a period in a regular expression matches a character rather than just a period, so escaping it says match only a period.
    niente, Tatanka and Zipe like this.
  10. Redemption Lorekeeper

i have been using a much simpler trigger that misses alot compared to this one. so thanks nniki. however this one does not pickup (flurry slay undead). i would play with it myself to see if its an easy fix but i think this is already beyond me.
  11. TimeBreak Elder

So the Code is the search text and ${Name} ${Target} ${Damage} are used in the Display text?
  12. Aldryn Another New Member

Correct.
    TimeBreak likes this.
  13. TimeBreak Elder

WTF a Vah Shir is ldr of RoI! What kind of blasphemy is this?
    Sancus and Aldren like this.
  14. Nniki Augur

The simplest solution would be to just add in a .* before the "Slay Undead" text. That'll consume any character found after the first parenthesis before ending with the Slay Undead text.

\(.*Slay Undead\)$
    Pano likes this.
  15. Redemption Lorekeeper

ok next problem is that it reports for everyone elses slays as well. how do i make it trigger for just my character?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Looks like that will pick up any line with 'Slay Undead' in it which will be fun for people who find out you have a trigger like that :)
  17. Nniki Augur

It was meant to be a continuation of my previous posts.
  18. Nniki Augur

Going off of what I had above, you can just remove the name matching part of it and replace it with "You" so that only lines with the text "You" at the start match.
    Code:
    ^You [A-Za-z]+ (?<Target>.+) for (?<Damage>[0-9]+) points of damage\. \(.*Slay Undead\)$
    or if you prefer to use GINA tags
    Code:
    ^You [A-Za-z]+ {S} for {N} points of damage\. \(.*Slay Undead\)$
  19. Corydon Augur

I build my triggers with the aid of this wonderful site: regex101.com.

For slay undead I am using:

Code:
    You ([^\s]*) (.*) for (\d*) points of damage.(.*)Slay