Shorter instance timers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ECrack, Feb 11, 2019.

1. ECrack Augur

(A possible variation for the new casual server. Obv.)

Has anyone brought this up yet? I wonder what the outcome would be.

I'm curious of peoples opinions on this. Good or bad?

I think it has potential to be good but at the same time, depending on how short (like 1 day) possibly could have a faster burn out for people.

At the same time, people wouldn't be shy to use their instances and could even do pick up raids in general chat. I think that would be fun.
  2. Iyacc Augur

So ultra casual people want to raid every day? And not only raid every day but the same content over and over?

I think this word does not mean what you think it means.
    TheRedBandit likes this.
  3. Quill Augur

Shorter instance timers have nothing to do with how often a guild raids. The guild leadership would decide how often and where the guild will raid. Shorter instance timers simply give more options and flexibility for doing so.

I mean, the option should be there to raid the same thing each day. The willingness to not defines whether you're either ultra-casual, or really just a hardcore in denial that identifies as such.

Its like saying you drink casually and then having access to all the liquor you could ever want. The access does not define your level of drinking, you do.

At the same time, if you go Free Trade, so many of the same item floods the server that you can ultra-casually hit the buy button in the bazaar for a reasonable price and bypass raiding for it entirely. Not much more ultra-casual than that. If we look at it from a straight business perspective, lockout timers cause a constriction of supply. Remove that and supply outstrips demand fairly quickly.
  4. Smakk Journeyman

How about adding something a bit different for the ultra-casual server, leave in AoC's for raid content, but add Personal Dungeon request agents to the game. You could request a one-shot, limited time, one spawn instance of your favorite dungeon, available every 12 to 24 hours, max one group, no raid mobs would spawn.

I think something like that would definitely fit into an ultra-casual lifestyle. You come home from work, got 2 or 3 hours to play, Lguk has 50ppl in every pick zone, the camp you want is taken in every instance, go back up top and request a personal dungeon. Now you have say like 2 hours to clear out the whole place with your group (or solo/molo). Spawns would still be random, you may not get what you want, but you would get a shot, which is better then competing with AFK mages runnning kill scripts.

Just a thought...
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If I can't beta buff on the casual server, /riot.