Please consider giving the classic server Bazaar and PoK books upon server open

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Hinastorm Elder

**grr ment casual, not classic, in the title, can't change

Tunnelquest is anti-casual, and eats up a ton of time otherwise better spent actually playing the game. In before the buy low sell high tunnel rats coming in to argue.

I can see both sides of a debate about pok books, but I think it fits the spirit behind a casual server. Id rather be playing than traveling, or relying on others to travel.
  2. Ehrz Journeyman

20th anniversary would imply we're going to celebrate the start of EQ and all its glory no way the would skip tunnel quest
    Umul likes this.
  3. Hinastorm Elder

The more like the "start of EQ" a server is, the less casual its going to be.

Theres 2 servers this time.
  4. Umul Augur

How is tunnelquest anti casual? I'm genuinely curious the difference between using /ooc in the tunnel or the auction house UI.
  5. Koshk Augur

Since you're genuinely curious, here are some turn-offs of Tunnelquest:
    1. Tunnel means haggling. People have varying degrees of comfort with haggling (just like in real life). Some people just don't like the haggle/negotiate game.
    2. You can browse the Bazaar listings from anywhere in-game. No need to camp out in Commonlands. Pretty convenient.
    3. You can be entirely AFK, and still selling your loot on the Bazaar. Pretty convenient. To sell in the Tunnel requires paying a lot more attention to your keyboard.
    4. With Bazaar, you can easily compare buy/sell prices against other listings. Need that Jade Chokidai Prod? You can see that on average, it's going for 3200 plat. And you'll know not to buy from the dude selling for 6k.
    5. In the Tunnel, there's a greater risk of getting shafted on something. Unless you're spending lots of time watching what's going on, how you do know the average going price? Is 6k about average, or are you being gouged?
    I personally don't care either way. But there you have it.
  6. snailish Augur

I'm a great believer in the lore that the only place to mutually come together for trade in Norrath is on the moon... err...

Baz being an era-locked feature is goofy. Baz being accessible from some (if not all) main cities would have made more sense. But, baz was introduced when content paywalls in the form of "buy every expac" existed.

But... nostalgia doesn't always make sense. If they think there is more $ in tunnelquest and not modifying baz (even translocators in home cities, you zone out of baz via a zoneline before Luclin it puts you to your origin) then they shouldn't change it, even if it was something they would consider.
  7. Umul Augur

Thanks. Sounds like just another sour grape post (by OP) cause bad at classic.
  8. Vindaven Elder

I would rather see the bazaar and PoK books never become available. They ruin the socialization that made old school EQ so good.
  9. Febb Augur

Bazaar was a needed change for many reasons. PoK books were also needed as well.
    Barton likes this.
  10. Gordo the Glutton New Member

My dream server is one that locks at velius but has bazaar xD
  11. Trox2010 Augur

While I am one that do prefer the Bazaar and PoK books; I think bringing them in before era just kinds of ruins the whole point of progression servers. So I would say leave them where they are.
  12. Ceffener Augur

Not like it’s very social anyway...

/ooc x item for 3 Krono
    /tell “I’ll gave you 2 Krono”
    /r “3”
    /r “Fine”

Wooo good use of time.

I don’t care anyway, have to do this crap because plat limit in bazaar on FV anyway. But offline auction house is 100x better gameplay.
  13. Kywen Augur

LMAO!
  14. Nolrog Augur

Oh the irony in that title. . .
  15. Lankie Augur

Who actually thinks the bazaar is a good system? It's a pain in the to use unless you have 2 accounts and devote one to being a trader.

Nevermind using the ****** barter system. Yea I'll just make 2 bazaar accounts for buying and selling, wtf.

WOWs system is much better but would require a massive overhaul.

What it you could buy your own 'NPC' trader with station cash? Would work basically the same as it does now, except your trader can be selling while you play. Think of it as a mercenary for the bazaar.

If we aren't getting bazaar, at the minimum make a 'cash on delivery' option for the mailbox.