How to use Barter?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Finfan Augur

Once more I am paying the price for my long absence in that I have no idea how to use "Barter". I'm accumulating High Quality Bear pelts while farming bears in Garu'kar for Shiny Teeth and it would be nice to get more than a couple of gold for them. I can open the window and search for items but I do not know how to create a transaction. I humbly request guidance!

Also, how is Ursula a "Rare Creature"? The silly thing spawns as fast as I kill it! It's cost me several pets as well.
  2. Herodotus Augur

KermittheFroglok likes this.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

Very basic but it shows some of it
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

Those are both good guides but in brief:
    • Want to sell stuff but F2P/Silver membership, best to /barter to see if anyone is buying what you have and what price THEY are willing to pay. Either guide above explains how, but /barter and select and item to see if anyone has a buyer setup to buy is.
    • Want to sell stuff with All Access membership, best to setup a seller in the bazaar. Read Almar's guide on the mechanics of it if you can't figure it out after walking to the wooden platforms in the red buyer section and typing /trader.
    • Want to buy goods, /buyer in the blue section of the Bazaar. I think you need All Access membership.
    Biggest thing to understand is the /barter makes you sell at a price set by the buyer, /trader lets you list the item and sell at a price you set.
    Some people make plat. by having an account setup that buys items from F2P players that have to /barter to sell, and then having a separate sell account up re-selling the items with a little mark up with a /trader. Seems shady to some, but I guess that's one of the perks to being subscribed? (Thoughts/opinions anyone?)
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

Differs from server to server, but during my Silver membership days on Vox, I had the best luck farming steel ingots or ice of Velious. Those items would occasionally sell really well on /barter, you just have to be patient. Once a guy bought a few ice of Velious from me at 10k plat a piece!!
  6. svann Augur

shortcut: alt-shift-click the item and it will open the barter window and show if there are buy lines for it. You can do this from any zone.
  7. Finfan Augur

I guess I should have mentioned that I am a silver membership. I can't afford monthly fees anymore. At least not for things such as gaming. I know some of you may disagree but gaming isn't really a necessity. Thanks for the answers though!
  8. Finfan Augur

So I actually tried this and sold several items but it tells me the "High Quality Bear Skins" are "Not in your inventory". What's that about?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 Being a Silver player should not affect you selling to someone who is in barter mode. You as a player can sell to other players set up in barter and you can buy from other people set up as sellers in bazaar as Silver player. What you cannot do is set up to sell as a trader or buy as a barterer as Silver.

#2 if you get the message about not in your inventory that means that what the buyer is wanting is different than what you have. Check the description closely on both. There is a difference between High Quality Bear SKINS and High Quality Bear PELTS.

#3 Nothing wrong with being Silver or Free. Just watch carefully where you put your first bunch of AA and there is plenty of non prestige armor and augs out there for non paying players too!
  10. Aurastrider Augur

To answer about Ursula she is a quest npc and not a rare named spawn which is why she is spawning so much for you. If you have not gotten the quest for killing her you might consider doing it.
  11. Finfan Augur

Just for the record. I checked and I have "High Quality Bear Skins" and that is what the buyer is looking for but the game still tells me that I do not have any in my inventory.
  12. Shanarias Augur

My experience is that the buyer went offline if you get that message. I was trying to alternate between two buyers, and while able to sell to one of them, I got that message about my inventory from the other one, which I had selected first. If you don't have the item in your inventory, you can't very well select it and hit search. :)
  13. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

What I have experienced with this is that the number that buyers will buy at a time is a little wonky even if they're advertising buying hundreds is a time. Try holding down control and selling 1 at a time and see if that helps. Sometimes I'll sell some excess stuff and one person will let me sell 7 at a time and another person will let me sell 3.
  14. Finfan Augur

What I've been experiencing is that when I click sell I just get that message and it stays the same no matter which buyer I try clicking on. At this point I think I may just report it as a bug. I'll try your suggestion first though.