any advice for a bard to evolve chase items?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Feb 9, 2019.

1. svann Augur

TT solo is just so slow I cant stand it. Without a merc I can really only tank 2-3 at a time and after that I gotta mez. Not like tanks that can just pull them all and riposte them down in 2 minutes. I could run somewhat faster with healer merc but then he takes a huge chunk of the xp so I think it is a net loss. And it seems like TBL grind groups are getting pretty scarce now. So any bards have advice on a better way to do it? Gloves are 67% into L3 atm (from when grind groups were a thing), if that matters and I have 2 others to do that are L2 I think.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

3. svann Augur

Tempest Temple HA dervishes. They are light blue so easy to solo, but low xp. Takes 23 dervishes for 1% at L3. But really slow if you arent able to mow them down quickly.
  4. Coagagin Guild house cat

Tattered Tabard I believe.

As a Wizard I can solo 2 dark blues at a time at best and your complaining about having to mez? Please, rest yourself.
    feeltheburn and Critts like this.
  5. Cadira Augur

Lol no, Tempest Temple mission for the dervishes.

Based off the context I assume he meant med, seems obvious to me.

To OP.

Get some like minded people that want to get into grind groups and find yourself a good spot in stratos or empyr maybe. If no one wants to do groups like that to get the best gear than you probably need a new guild with more like minded people.
  6. svann Augur

No, its not about tanking ability. Sorry I wasnt clear. Its about how fast you can clear them, and how fast you can evolve the item. Looking for advice.
  7. Monkman Augur

Stratos - "War" island (the one with the mobs fighting each other)

and yeah what Cadira said, just ask around... im sure folks in RoV wanna evolve their stuffs too =p
  8. kizant Augur

Everyone should stick to TBL zones or TT instances. There's nowhere else worth going. Please stay away from my spawns.
  9. Riou EQResource

You need more HDex to be able to mow them down like that (or HAgi if you're a caster, but I don't think casters can quite reach the required threshold this expansion)
  10. lancelove Augur

11. Swiss Augur

Honestly the solution will be grouping more for faster kills even if you're still farming TT. I'm sure it is possible to solo it to level 5 evolve but you might lose your mind before then.
  12. Cstoner187 Elder

what riou said. you should easily be able to hit the minimum dex needed to bypass strikethrough. if you don't, get better augs.

@svann why is your hSta and hDex like, the same amount? cringe
  13. Marike Elder

"Fast pulling group seeks 5."
    Tolzol likes this.
  14. Coagagin Guild house cat

After my original post realized what your probably looking for is below. These observations are based on a solo Wizard in TBL. Lots of places in TBL to kite save Stratos though possible. In fact if you think really hard about it TBL is a virtual playground for kiting if you have an inkling of imagination and been kiting since the first week of the expansion in EoK and RoS raid gear.

What does and doesn't count for evolving items (please correct if wrong):

Does not count for experience with evolving items:

Armors
    Spiders (Ash)
    Any non-TBL zoned mob. No, Chapterhouse does not count.

Does Count:

Jopals (any sub race)
    Elementals (any sub race)
    Efreeti (may be a bit less than above)
    Djinn (may be a bit less than above)

No idea:

Giants, et. al.

First evolution goes by very fast with 1-2 mobs per percentage point earned. Once you evolve your item take everything out before cycling the item or loose you augs. No different than upgrading any other armor - you have been warned.

Second evolution, between the first and second takes 6 Jopal class mobs to evolve or roughly 300 from the 125 the first evolution.

Haven't bothered with the 3rd or 4th evolution as Goodruden has posted his stats on same but clear that its more than doubling each time but exponetially doubling the required experience to evolve item each and every evolution.

Not confirmed but the more mobs you have on agro the more experience per mob your likely getting from each kill. Sometimes I see this other times it appears to have no meaningful effect.
  15. svann Augur

Because I felt that sta and dex are equally important for a bard. I understand that some bards value Hdex over everything. Has any all-dex bards actually evolved their items through TT farming though? Please post with magelo link so I can see gear.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Advice ..

1. Group alot.. mass pull snails in ash..

2. Level 1 item at a time..

3. Group alot.. alot.. alot.. alot..

And.. done.
  17. Nniki Augur

For TT, I was running it once every 20 minutes (for cooldowns) and just watched Netflix or read while waiting.

I was pulling about half (from bottom of center section to the corner just after the two up on the edge) with DA. I'd hit deftdance + shout, quicktime, epic, FE. Hit shout once again after it wears off, ae mez (can load older one too), shield of notes, and last stand. They would be dead or about dead after that next shout goes off. Finish those off.

Then I'd start running through the piles with the rest of burns running + Blood Drinker's Coating. It'll keep you healed pretty well. Lure + ae mez piles for efficiency.

You'll be done before quick time wears off. No merc.
  18. Jolav Journeyman

All this TT talk, dont you need to be in TBL zones to level the evolving items? or did I miss something
  19. Riou EQResource

Nope, it's mob race specific, doesn't matter expansion
    Jolav likes this.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

One of my first characters back in the day was a wizard.

Quad kiting for the win! TDLR: involves kiting 4 mobs and using pilar spells to burn down.