Necro DPS

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Dewey, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

So I have read discussions about necro dps. They talk about removing earring, casting long dots. Then going short dots, memming new spell sets and casting more long dots. It all seems so crazy I can't believe this is what has to be done to dps on a necro. Seems way too overthought.

Anyways, what I am looking for is the best dps line up for groups and missions. That does not involve the extra memspell sets and such. Mainly because I just don't understand the whole thing. Half the time when she tries and demem a spell set the mobs are dead and moving on to another.

In short the necro I group with is horrible at dps and I want to help her increase it. None of her spells even touch her mana( I know it's a necro thing, but I mean it's always at full mana casting every time the spell gem refreshes.)

Surely there is something that can be cast that will actually start moving this mana bar. Surely there is some decent line up that a regular grouping necro can do without removing earrings and such. With her gear atm I think she has to remove like 2 or 3 things to reduce the detrimental length of the spell. Really supper annoying.
  2. Brohg Augur

All the swapping stuff is for burning a mob that lives at least 3 minutes. 4 is kinda ideal, for employing those techniques. That's raids.

For 95%+ of group play, keep on Flesh to Venom (part of Unity AA) &
    Flesh to Poison (both),
    Remote Sphere of Blight,
    Call Skeleton Army,
    Dissident,
    Swift Lifedraw,
    Swift Sickness,
    Flashblaze,
    Refute for Blood.

If one is feeling saucy, then adding Pyre of the Shadewarden & Pyre of Jorobb to mobs that are expected to live for 1 minute (i.e. when there are multiple, all the ones not targeted by the MA) is good. That's 10 spell gems; the remaining 3 can be "stuff". Another couple dots (Polybiad Venom, Ignite Memories) & Burn Bones, or Shield of Order - Consume Essence for keeping up vs AEs, or Mind Excoriation if grouped with good druids, paladins, rangers (classes that actually use mana)
    Skewert, Inga and menown like this.
  3. menown Augur

Top DPS spell is your Remote Sphere of Blight, even on a single target. The only exception to this is if you are burning and there is only 1 target in camp. Just be careful where you place it on the ground.

~10-25 sec encounters:
    Remote Sphere of Blight
    Mourgis' Swift Decay
    Ilsaria's Swift Decay (Yes, this is better than your Flashblaze when you add in Scent of Thule)
    Swift Lifedraw
    Call Skeleton Army (Use this near the end because you won't lose damage on next pull, via /pet swarm)
    Refute for Blood

~40 sec encounters
    Dissident
    Call Skeleton Army
    Remote Sphere of Blight
    Mourgis' Swift Decay
    Ilsaria's Swift Decay
    Swift Lifedraw
    Call Skeleton Army (again)
    Refute for Blood

~60 sec encounter
    Remote Sphere of Blight
    Dissident
    Pyre of the Shadewarden
    Pyre of Jorobb
    Pyre of Marnek
    Call Skeleton Army
    Mourgis' Swift Decay
    Remote Sphere of Blight (again)
    Ilsaria's Swift Decay
    Swift Lifedraw
    Call Skeleton Army (again)
    Refute for Blood

*Notes - The lower level pyres can be changed out with Ignites if you have someone doing Tash or Malo. Sometimes I lead with swarm as a CC tool/buffer for the tank/pet. Use the Tribute called 'Twinge of Pain II (maxed out, and always on). This tribute is better than raid item spell haste (for 24 sec+ dots only). Help your friend get the epic 2.5, which increases your epic's worn crit focus from 8% to 18% all the time. Priority focus items for grouping would be Disease > Pet > Fire > Magic > Poison. Try to max out luck and use type 3 augs for the spells mentioned above.

*Edit - Also, as Brohg said, use Flesh to Venom then Flesh to Poison whenever there is no NPC in camp. You can sometimes see up to 4 procs used on a single cast of spells like both Swift Decay combo spells.
    Inga, Rizzin and Brohg like this.
  4. Dewey Augur

Thank you for the feedback. I can already see a difference. She didn't know that the 2 flesh to venom and poison would stack. Along with other things.

Thanks again.