What is your most wanted feature for the new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aiona, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Krezzy Augur

EQ is an enormously deep game world which only gives players incentive to grind and complete a small handful of quests. I'd want a new TLP to address this by rewarding players for several different modes of play.

Questing is quite broken. Rewards for 90% or more of quests make them not worth the time, expense, and effort to complete. The player base is very educated about this due to sites like ZAM. We know enough to avoid the junk quests.

Achievements are handy, but aside from the Slayer variety, players don't see the rewards for these on new TLPs.

The player community does not actively collaborate on TLPs. Discovery is fun - but only happens on new content.

Pick a handful of quests from classic EQ and each subsequent expansion. Add an achievement that grants a useful item when all quests are completed. Only reveal the Achievement steps when they are done - drive the community to collaborate to solve this puzzle, rather than working off of a checklist.

Once players have collectively gained these achievements for one expansion, start a one week timer to open the next expansion. (Note, these achievements may include things such as defeating bosses and obtaining epics, as well as very obscure quests with little or no reward.)
    andross77 likes this.
  2. Rounlin Best Pizza in Norrath!

would love a server that progresses from Classic to PoP. 6 months in each then at the end of 6 months into PoP the server wipes back to Classic and you start all over again ;) This eliminates the need for new servers and keeps the game fresh.
    So Happy and andross77 like this.
  3. revivin Journeyman

I 2nd rounlins server
  4. andross77 Elder

I 3rd Rounlin's server
  5. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

then turn in your gear and get a prestige augment for next server? +100dd to a weapon!
  6. Liquid Augur

Just give me a server that I can box, has agents of change, and pickzones...set the xpacs to 3 month release times.
    Gremin likes this.
  7. Elite_raider Augur

There are allot of biased posts with agendas out there, so with all transparencies in mind I will state that we will probably not play on the Hardcore server, but if I would've been able to, here are some suggestions that I would have liked and would have been innovative.

Hardcore server:
    Starts in classic
    Unannounced rule set
    From lvl 20(30?), you hover over your corpse until you get a rez.
    AoC
    FV loot rules
    Double loot on raid mobs
    Phinigel XP

Ultra Casual server:
    Starts in classic
    Preannounced rule set
    Extended target window
    AoC
    FV loot rules
    Half AoC lock out times
    Agnaar XP (with mercs in group from time to time and defiant gear, it would make the overall XP gains higher then Agnaar, so that is why it would be best to set it lower then the "ideal" rate)
    Defiant gear
    Tutorial
    Merc's
    Merc's in raid zones
    Reverse MotM that hit's only merc's but that can be blocked, that way you can scale the difficulty of the raid if you want by blocking it or unsummoning merc's. What expansion the reverse MotM should be put in would be a balancing issue, maybe it won't be needed before GoD and 6 people with "normal" merc's would be enough for raid targets until then?
  8. Stagentti Augur

Focusing on the ULTRA part of the announcement:

AoCs
    FV loot rules
    Faster than Agnarr XP
    Extended target window

There seems to be a lot of really casual people who think xpacs unlock too fast for them to raid in era. And once you get a couple xpacs past you lose your chance.

Other people don't want to be sitting in an xpac for 6 months (or at least the first few).

Significantly faster xp would hopefully let people reach max level faster which means they can get to a raid point faster which means less time needed in an xpac to raid it in era.

So in that scenario the shorter unlocks would be ok.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Elite_raider Augur

I forgot to add, on the Ultra Casual server, add Bazaar/PoK/Nexus from day one!
  10. The Great Pink Ogre Elder

An established Launch date!
    Tankz, Sethiroth and Barton like this.
  11. Kinlin Lorekeeper

As an "ultra-casual" I play a few months then take a month or 2 break and so on.
    I would like to be able to box and set the limit to 3 accounts per IP (if thats even a possibility)
    I cant box well on a truebox, so I would like to be able to box off one computer.
    Fast EXP and unlocks at 6 months +

I think this would make me happy, but would truly make me happy is my wife letting me play EQ whenever I want. HAHAHA
  12. Elite_raider Augur

I want to add one more thing for the HC server:

Unlock every 3 months, but if a guild "finishes" an expansion the next one opens one week later or at the 3 month mark, which ever comes first :)
  13. Sethiroth Augur

The problem here is: even on an ultra casual server, 6 month unlocks would likely kill off the server.

They are calling it an ultra casual server but I would bet only a very small percentage of the server will actually be “ultra casual”. Everquest is not built to be that game. Therefore the server will mostly likely consist mostly of casual players and casual raiders, with probably a lower population (but still significant) of hardcore players.

6 month unlocks will see lots of people getting bored and doing other things instead and the server will slowly die imo. I’d prefer three month unlocks, though I’d settle for 4, but any higher and I won’t play on this server.
  14. Stagentti Augur

Agree about 6 months being too long.

I think they'll do something to alleviate the reason why some people want 6 month unlocks. Like drastically increasing the xp so folks can get a lot more done in 3 months that you used to need 6 for - if you can lvl faster you can get alts up faster or start raiding a lot sooner.

I think those are the 2 main concerns people have: 3 months doesn't give them enough time to do that.

Folks who already hit that in 3 months will just have to raid more or have more alts lol.
  15. Kage187 New Member

I would like to see the following:

-All classes unlocked at classic.
    -No race restrictions for classes. Dark Elf Beastlord! Would need to add spells to home city vendors, and lift gear race restrictions.
    -Significant group XP bonuses.
    -Major boost to quest XP. It would be nice to explore the less traveled areas in search of more quests to complete.
    -Truebox.
    -Have a contest to name the server after a player (best server suggestions?)
    -Rotating PVP zones, with no loot rules.
    -Random bonus stats/focus effects on loot from open world named mobs.
    -Random bonus stats/focus effects on loot from quests.
    -Upgraded starting weapons/bags.
  16. Balderdash Lorekeeper

Agree about 6 months being too long.

I think they'll do something to alleviate the reason why some people want 6 month unlocks. Like drastically increasing the xp so folks can get a lot more done in 3 months that you used to need 6 for - if you can lvl faster you can get alts up faster or start raiding a lot sooner.

I think those are the 2 main concerns people have: 3 months doesn't give them enough time to do that.

Folks who already hit that in 3 months will just have to raid more or have more alts lol.

increased exp does not alleviate the time needed in game for ultra casuals. Getting to max level and raiding is a Hardcore mindset. Camping gear, tradeskill items, working on tradeskills, buying and selling and completing quests take in game time. Someone who plays 12 hours a day will accomplish all this 6 times faster than someone who plays 2 hours a day. The 12 hour a day player likely only needs 1 or 2 months per expansion but the 2 hour a day player needs far more than that to enjoy most of the aspects of this game.

I play on Lockjaw as an Ultra Casual. In classic I hit level 50 a few weeks before Kunark launched, I had almost a complete set of Hate gear, had geared up myself and my boxes along the way in Jewelry, and armor through my own tradeskilling. The 6 months of classic were perfect for me.
    In Kunark I hit max level well before Velious, had farmed all the spells that I needed and completed many quests. I did not have my epic as the epic mobs were permafarmed by the Hardcores. AOC's would have solved that problem. 6 months was perfect for me but with AOC's 5 months would have been better.

Velious is a strange expansion when you start it at level 60. I wish we were able to start Luclin AA's in Velious. As all raid content was locked down by a couple of guilds I had just Halls of testing armor and a few quest items. It was essentially a wasted expansion for me, AOC's would have changed that and 5 months would likely have been enough as there is really little keying required.

Once instanced content began with GoD, my casual guild was able to beat but not farm content in era for GoD, OOW, and DoN within the 3.5 to 4 months we had so 4 months for those expansions seem about right but once keying becomes as issue in later expansions, 4 months wouldn't be enough time for many of those expansions for true Ultra Casuals. 2 hour a day people will take 6 times as long to key as 12 hour a day people.
  17. Kittany Augur

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet.... So here I go. The absolutely, number one, head honcho thing that is the most requested feature for a TLP.

- The trading of Krono's has been disabled.
  18. Drakkal Elder

I support this x10
  19. malaki Augur

Because people will just trade their krono on other servers and you're just adding in an extra step for stuff to happen and a bunch of extra customer service tickets.
  20. Iyacc Augur

Random zone lines that are reset every time server is patched or crashed.

Trying to go to Guk? Zoneline out of the desert is sending you to NToV this week.... but last week that zone line sent you to Kaladim!

That's hardcore baby!