Agnarr at the center of a long term TLP and population maintenance strategy.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Trevalon Augur

This whole post just reeks of ignorance of TLP servers. How many have you even played on Quill? I cannot imagine it being more than 1 or 2 and I suspect even then you have boxed yourself into a world of your own that has little contact with anyone else.

Sorry, but your just wrong, everything about your assertions are contrary to almost everyone I know over 7 different TLP servers and at least 12 different guilds ranging from IV, EoE, Faceless all the way down to Syrian Drauka and every sort of casual/semi-casual/hardcore in between.

The VAST majority of people would not go for anything your saying and frankly half of them are just outright ridiculous.
    Genoane, Bolten_DA and Jontrann like this.
  2. Ceffener Augur

And it's pretty much just the state of live anyway. Want to curb stomp instanced content with boxing and mercs from GoD on? Ok? There's plenty of server you can do that on. Only thing live doesn't have for soloing the first 20 something expansions is AoC. (which is probably should)
  3. Quill Augur

As stated, I don't box on TLP's because of True Box. I don't like the play style and don't want to have to break out multiple computers to play a video game.

Either way, whats your point? If I want to play the game on TLP and do it 'like it was'.. I've got 3 other TLP servers for that and could play any of them if I wanted to. I don't want to.

Right... you just listed the usual suspects who already play TLP, most of which are certified hardcore.

My ultra-casual server would attract everyone else. If you build an ultra-casual server based on the wants of TLP-junkies, just lol. You already have their money, and they aren't ultra-casual.

GOOD. *Insert Nancy Pelosi clap*

It should not appeal to them. It should make their skin crawl. They can go to the HC server and cry about it.
  4. snailish Augur

We'll never know unless they actually did both (which I doubt).

One(?) voice is saying ultra casual wants to do everything super easy, hand it to me on an instant plate, no work and I can go raid, yee-haw I am not bored next expac is on a few weeks away.

Other voices (or at least mine... so one?) think the above is a recipe to attract almost none of the true casual players that mostly only play the earliest part of progression and aren't currently subbed and playing. Fast XP, slow unlock, AoC, Truebox, pickzone (if we must)... free trade loot (if we must, but give the hardcore server it too then) is the side of the debate I remain on.
  5. Hawer Lorekeeper

No it wouldn't. I am a casual player and would not play a minute on this proposed server. Can't speak for everyone, but from a player looking to return to the game this is about the worst case scenario for me (and there have been hundreds of TLP suggestion posts recently, some pretty radical).
    Jontrann likes this.
  6. Quill Augur

I want all the benefits of Live. And abso-lutely. If that really chaps your hide, its meant to. Yet...

On a server with no MOTM, regular boxing, and mercs… oh ya.. they'll be there all while proclaiming this server sucks. Uh huh right... pay the man at the door.

Ultra-Casual players, by definition, don't tend to play progression. They don't have the time. So if you want their money you're going to have to have a situation where they can logon at any time of the day for say an hour or be randomly gone for weeks, and still get something done when they get back. The only way you do that is bringing modern Live conceits to a specific TLP server setup for them.

It doesn't matter how any other TLP works. To appeal to the ultra-casual, that's pretty much a given.. or you might as well call it Hardcore #2.

I'm fine with FT loot on the Ultra-Casual server.
  7. Quill Augur

You do realize there are other TLP's... 3 of them out there that will gladly accept you? If you like TLP the way it currently is, have at it. Feel free to try playing casually and one-character on them and see how far you get.

Also factor in that any form of Classic TLP opener… you'd either get nothing of note done, or you *will not* play casually.
  8. Hawer Lorekeeper

And there are live servers out there where I could do most of what you propose, why would I return to the game and resub for something I could already do?

Not to mention Phinny is too far along, Agnarr is locked and Coirnav has xp rates that don't work with my available time. So no there are not TLPs out there that I could go join and get what I am looking for. Plus, I want the excitement of a new server launch with some old friends, something a few of us have never experienced.

I know you have your agenda and have been pushing the after Agnarr GoD start for weeks (I honestly didn't realize it was you again when I replied, the server just seemed like a bad idea for casuals IMO so I posted my 2c).
    snailish likes this.
  9. Ceffener Augur

Mercs, free trade, and a bunch of people who don’t care about progression? Plus faster xp and all features from modern live?

You already play on FV....that’s the server that has everything you purpose ultra casuals want.

TLP...Time Locked Progression. The entire purpose is progression, you don’t care about progression. Your servers already exist.
    Genoane and snailish like this.
  10. Quill Augur

Yup. All of them. I'd suggest FV for population and economy and a two-box(with mercs you'll have four in group). You login, play for an hour(later missions can take longer), and get stuff done before logging off. It won't be a ton, but you will not be sitting there LFG unless you want to be.

For some people, TLP is their thing.

Exactly. If you could login a two-box and just go, with fast xp.. why wouldn't you? Trust me when I say its a completely different game when you're completely free of LFG. Now, most of these guys know this, and its why most roll with a box crew. They are going to be independent no matter what, they just very much don't want you to be.

Fair enough. There is a Hardcore server starting up that probably has you covered for launch day Classic excitement. I don't imagine it'll be that much different from a regular TLP at the start.

:) My main agenda is a good casual server that I could feasibly play on. If they miss the mark, i'll just continue playing around on FV(its not my main server). As I've stated, I haven't played Agnarr since Kunark. To me, its more of a Why Wouldn't You? There are advantages to a locked server that come about no other way. They've already invested the time and money, they might as well take advantage of the full power of what a locked server can really do.

Mostly Correct. But it doesn't have AoC's and just in general... I like Progression and raiding expansions in-era, and don't really have the time to play TBL endgame raiding.

Haven't even bothered to buy TBL yet, which is one of the reasons i'm not pushing 110 on the build. Another reason is you have to be stupid to push 110 on a rebuild. Its typically better to work the non-autogrant part of AA, when you can mow the lawn.

When I left in CoTF on the mains, I was max AA on both. When I came back mid-last year and got 110, I was barely above autogrant :/. I think I had more AA spent than assigned.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Sounds like an Ultra-Casual server isn’t for you, per you.

Start a thread in veterans about how FV needs AoC and you’ll get way more support.
    snailish likes this.
  12. Hawer Lorekeeper

So you admit you aren't ultra-casual and just want the server to meet your needs? Well I want a server that works for me too, so at least we can agree on that much. I just don't want your server.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Machentoo Augur

TLP is their thing because it isn't live. If they wanted all the benefits and QOL improvements and content of live, they'd be playing on live.

You really just don't get it.

Keep pushing your agenda all you want, but no one is being persuaded.
    Genoane, snailish and Jontrann like this.
  14. snailish Augur

My thinking on the best ultra-casual ruleset is meant to recapture and hold those players that we keep losing. I've been guilded with them on several progression servers. There is enough of them for Ultra-Casual to be viable --for them.

One of the keys to my stance on this is I am suggesting some things that aren't my preference. Not even sure I would play on the server (I dislike playing classic in classic for example) but I am trying to dial in the magic niche that gets these people back in the community for a longer stretch.

The second you "accelerate" anything but XP you are going to lose most of the group I would consider progression ultra-casual. The other ultra-casuals are still happily on live.

What concerns me is this reasonably large group (ultra casuals that like slowly progressing through the old eras... and not necessarily even touching the raid content) isn't going to have a large forum presence and we have a few individuals on a crusade for the server they want to play on that really is only for them.

Just because the forums are cluttered with noise about certain concepts doesn't mean there is support for those ideas. Sliding in free trade loot (for example) is a sly move, as that does have a bit more support in isolation, than the overall concepts being crusaded as a package.
  15. Elite_raider Augur

Sorry to say, but in this case it's you that do not get it :-/
  16. Stagentti Augur

That's really what this all boils down to.

A guy wanting a very specific server that meets his needs, and hilariously trying to pretend it's the best option and what all casuals want.

Despite all the casuals saying it isn't what they want.
    snailish likes this.
  17. Quill Augur

LOL... I don't currently play Progression and haven't for a long time, for the reasons I've specified.

I'd certainly like to play Progression, but I've also been quite clear if the ultra-casual server is just Hardcore #2, i'll stick to FV.

And if I wanted to grind TBL, i'd likely go back to my 110 mains on the home server.

And they have 3 different servers to wallow in.

Except they currenly have Phinny, Coirnav, and Agnarr and are likely getting a fourth pure TLP with the Hardcore Server.

Lets have a TLP server for everybody else that doesn't play this game like a second job. Cool?

Don't worry, you aren't required to play it.
    Montag likes this.
  18. code-zero Augur

I had a discussion with a guy who came from P99, played several TLP's and was messing around in Crescent Reach. He told me something that I found to be amazing, that Luclin was what "killed" EQ for him way back in the day with the Nexus and convenient transport that didn't require boats/wizards/druids. He also saw a huge difference in game play starting with Kunark and "the Kunark express" leveling path.

Personally none of this had ever occurred to me but looking back I can totally see where he was coming from. In reality Classic was an era all to itself, Trilogy would be the next era taking in Kunark and Velious. How you break it out from then on is up to you
    snailish likes this.
  19. Stagentti Augur

That would be cool. Just not yours.

You keep repeating the same ideas over and over on multiple threads and no one, except like one guy, has shown any support.

There's a ton of other ideas which people support. INCLUDING casuals and people who say they're ultra casual.

Yet you repeatedly claim to know what casuals/ultra casuals want and don't want and ignore those comments.

Give it a rest.
    snailish likes this.
  20. Renshu Augur

Quill is "boxing" on the forums now.