@Dev - New Server Release dates Needed by Everyone

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Raina Elder

That is all well and good, but when I take a sick day or vacation someone has to take over for me. If nobody can cover it, it is a rather miserable day for whoever is unfortunate enough to be working. Getting sick happens, so sometimes you have to take the day off, but I'm not going to make my co-workers suffer so that I can play a video game. As much as I would like to play that day, I'm not selfish enough to do something like that.

Besides, I would have like to have at least 3 days, maybe even the week off to enjoy the launch. So that opportunity has come and gone. Perhaps I will check out the casual server depending on the ruleset, but it is unlikely. I like to play a ton at the beginning than relax until the next expansion. Since I probably won't be able to do that, I'm not sure how interested I will end up being in either server.
    Machentoo likes this.
  2. Hawer Lorekeeper

This may be true for a lot of people, but it’s not really that simple for others. I do have the option to call in sick, however, as the only one in my position in my department that means for that day or 2, my workload gets divided to 2 others and any overflow from their departments gets pushed to other backups. So while I technically could do it, it would mean negatively disrupting the days of several people. That seems to be going too far just to play EQ to me.

Also, self-employed people are in similar situations. Sure most could take off whenever, but without the lead time, taking a last minute “sick” day is likely going to result in losing clients/projects, not really worth it.

Obviously, we don’t have to play launch day to play on the new servers, but for my small group of former EQ players, only 1 of us has done multiple TLP launches and 2 have never done it before. Getting a few people back together who haven’t played at all or hardcore for 10+ years is something I’ve really been looking forward to. It will only be 2-4 days of serious playtime before we all go back to our casual play schedules of playing when you can make the time that week, but it’ll be a shame to miss out on the launch or miss the opportunity all together.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are seriously considering your feedback.
    HappyPanda, Xanadas, Brunlin and 11 others like this.
  4. Ceffener Augur

Don’t even tell hardcore what the ruleset is. Make them figure it out.
    Renshu, Magic, Bangers and 2 others like this.
  5. Fumi-chan Augur

Please do it, surprise leagues are always fun.

Edit: I like the above post, don't even say what the ruleset is... Let people figure it out the hard way.
    Bangers and Crayon123 like this.
  6. Kahna Augur

Or maybe their bosses do trust them and they don't want to violate that trust by taking advantage of it. My boss has given me a sick day off just a phone call, but I had the flu, and needed it. I would never call in sick when I wasn't sick, that runs the risk of ruining the trust leadership has in me, not to mention completely screwing over my subordinates, who then have to cover my work. It's different if I give them a few weeks warning and they can prepare for it.

And I don't even get charged for sick days, they don't come out of my PTO.
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

Surprise! Its Phinigel exp with no AOCs!
    TheRedBandit likes this.
  8. Crayon123 Augur

That actually sounds amazing. How fun would it be to witness the initial rush of everyone trying to decode if it was an event server or what the special rules were.
  9. Flops New Member

..... Could you imagine the rage? You think it's bad now, wait til you take a hardcore player.... They take a week off work and grind their *** off.... No sleep and 6 cases of Mt Dew...... And then they find out the ruleset afterwards and it's a set they want nothing to do with....
  10. Tornat Augur

Really just want XP at a faster rate is only thing I really want
  11. Ceffener Augur

Make it slow XP then perma death after level 20 or something. Oh the rage.
    Bangers and practicalnurse like this.
  12. Elite_raider Augur

Even though the hardcore server is not for me, if it was, it would be even more fun if it was this way, it would bring back the unknown to the game :D
    Bangers likes this.
  13. Bangers New Member

What a brilliant idea. Hardcore server. No release date. No info. It just pops up on the server list one day. No info on ruleset. Don't even call it a hardcore server! No hints. Let people find out for themselves!
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

Don't think you're immune from the sad kitten bombardment, Mepps:
    [IMG]

And don't think this is over for you, either, Roxxlyy :p

Brunlin likes this.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Lol @ seeds of distrust. Literally everyone who has responded to this thread has advocated lying to your boss and claiming to be sick in order to play EQ. Why in the world would a boss not trust his employees in this day and age?!
  16. Bolten_DA Augur

This is a public outcry! March 16th needs to be marked a national holiday so we can all celebrate EQ and not call in sick!
    Renshu likes this.
  17. Valanie Lorekeeper

I would even take an announcement as to which day there will be an announcement on the date of the server opening and it’s details.
  18. taliefer Augur

Quite literally every person I know has used a "sick day" for reasons other than being sick.

In fact most places they aren't even called sick days anymore, but PTO days. Personnel or Paid Time Off.

Everyone has different work situations, and sure knowing sooner is better, but as long as we get a month from DBG I'd wager that's enough time for the vast majority of players to coordinate time off if they are so inclined
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Well presumably they gave you extra PTO days when they switched over to that model. For example, I get 15 vacation days and 8 sick days a year. If they switched to the PTO-only model I would get 23 days to use how I want.

Worse are the companies whose policy is, "We don't have PTO. Just take the time you need."
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

What about "mental health days."